Pizza (or, Things I'll Never Give Up)

Options
13»

Replies

• Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything. I love food. MFP friends have taught me I don't have to give up what I love to lose weight or be healthy. Moderation, willpower, and hard work of course. I would especially never give up ice cream, burgers, Chinese food, Chipotle, chocolate milk, or cheese... unless I found out I absolutely had to for some health reasons. I used to think I couldn't eat fried foods if I wanted to look good. I used to think I couldn't ever have sweets either. Thank God I learned.

I have however given up other things (for the most part) by choice. I've learned there are far better foods out there that are much more worthwhile. Taco Bell, ranch dressing, and sodas are definitely not something I have in my diet anymore. I do occasionally have a diet soda or a small drink of Sprite, though. Very occasionally.

Chipotle > Taco Bell. lol.
  • geordiegirl27
    geordiegirl27 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Give up?
    Why? I am not giving up ANYTHING.
    Seriously, if you want to deprive yourself of fabulous eating, go for it.
    Not me - ever.
    Life is to be lived:drinker:

another ditto for this ^^

I do believe that while we may wish to be slimmer/lighter than we currently are I don't believe in deprivation, its about finding a balance to suit your lifestyle. One advantage of MFP is you can have anything as everything has a calorie value which is taken from your allowance.

I won't ever give up my Sunday breakfast of a chocolate bar & while I'll not drink mid week I do like my wine & beer on an weekend. Life is for living & enjoying !! :flowerforyou:
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    the last time that I ate pizza, it made me feel very sick (I have the Lap Band so one piece of very thin crust veggie pizza and we added our own vegan cheese). I'll probably try it again sometime tho

I just really want to change and become a healthier person. I'm cool with whatever you want to do and especially if you can meet your personal goals tho.

I don't live to eat anymore, I eat to live.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Pizza, definitely, but like others, i havent completely cut out anything, i just have it in moderation. For the longest, longest time, i thought you had to starve yourself and eat like a mouse to lose weight. I thought that once you got on a diet it was special k and skim milk. Dry chicken breast, veggies with no butter, and water. Nothing good, at all, not while youre trying to lose. Well no wonder i could never stick to a diet! I'd be thinking how much it was gonna suck, and tell myself-ok, for this week im gonna eat whatever i want, then next week ill start on my diet. I thought i could 'get itoutof my system', but next week would come, id do the diet for three days and be miserable-and hungry-and fall off the wagon. Then id beat myself up, dread the diet even more, give myself 'three more days' or 'til saturday' to eat what i wanted, then id try again. Over and over and over.

Now, i try to eat sensibly. I follow the calorie guideline mfp set for me, but if i go over a little, its not the end of the world. Once in a while im aftually under. I consider it a marker of my improving relationship with food that i dont look at my mfp and think ooh i have 200 cals left-im not hungry really, but let me get something to eat anyway. I drink water all day, but i have a tall glass of lemonade iced tea everynight-i just add it in to my cals. Not willing to give it up-it tastes too good. When we order pizza, i have two slices and thats usually enough, but if i have three-no biggie, just log it.

Because everything is permitted in moderation, its not constantly on my mind-oh, im really craving pizza, i wish i could have it.

The only thing ppl might disagree with me on re my diet choices id, i dont monitor sodium, at all. I try to watch my fat, and my carbs, but i have craved salt my whole life, my blood pressure is ok, and im just not willing to give it up. When i was a kid, my mom would save a few individual salt and pepper packets from fast food restuarants and put them in the glove box... I used to take them out and eat one or two when we were on long car trips. Just the salt. I will always love it, tho i dont eat it raw anymore, lol.

Anyway, yeah. Everything in moderation :)
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    Beer. I homebrew and have pretty much lived daily with conversations, shopping, future trips, etc revolved around all things beer.

But like one poster put it.... moderation is key.
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • banginbajan
    banginbajan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    the two men in my life......ben & jerry!!!! the old me could knock out a pint. the new me is scooping out enough for a single serve cone.
  • Jishmeister
    Jishmeister Posts: 108
    Options
    Things I'll never give up:

Sushi
    Bread
    Dark chocolate
    Spinach ravioli with mushroom Alfredo sauce
    Frozen yogurt

Surprisingly, pizza is also one of my favorites but I can live with out it. I haven't craved it in a long time.
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Things I'll never give up? Good food, beer, and sex.
  • cynthiam80
    cynthiam80 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I will never give up pizza, cheeseburgers, beer, and wine! Love them all equally =)
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Give up?
    Why? I am not giving up ANYTHING.
    Seriously, if you want to deprive yourself of fabulous eating, go for it.
    Not me - ever.
    Life is to be lived:drinker:

THIS^^
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Beer, wine, various other Intoxicating beverages.

Peanut butter :D Oh how I love Peanut butter.

I've reduced my refined carb intake to the point where I get seriously excited about having pasta - I still have it on occasion and it feel like a treat. Seriously, it's a similar excitement to promising a toddler ice cream.
  • LeeshaNichole
    LeeshaNichole Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I know if I cut out the foods I love the most completely, I will set my self up for failure. So, instead I limit them and use portion control. Like chips in my BIG down fall, had not had them in over a month and I sent my husband to the store yesterday to get those little bags of chips for his lunch. What does he come home with my fav kind (ruffles sour cream and onion)-CURSE him. hehe So I decided I will have one little bag, I did and to be honest they didn't even taste that good. For me this is a lifestyle change, so I gotta be able to live with it. So far it is working for me, I have lost 10.5lbs in two weeks. Ohh but the one food I could never give up..popcorn! The only things I have cut out is any drinks besides water, also no fast food (or very little-maybe once a month but I want to try to break that habit as well)
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the pizza!!! Though now it's a treat I look forward to it even more!!!!

Ermmm...I haven't really banned anything because like you say yourself this is about long-term. I don't think I could say goodbye to many foods (except maybe blacmanche - bleurgh!!!) x
  • PennyRLane
    PennyRLane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    SOFT PRETZELS WITH CHEESE
    HOT WINGS
    JALAPENO POPPERS
    DIET COKE
    CHICKEN ENCHILADAS

I just won't do it... I never will lol
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm making a lifestyle change and it's totally unrealistic to cut out my favourite foods because I know I'll just end up craving them and eventually bingeing on them.
    I'm going to pizza hut before the cinema on Saturday after work with my 2 best friends and I can't wait - not been there in a while either. It's something to look forward to :smile:

I'm also not giving up on chocolate (although I now know I can't have too much at one time, makes me feel a bit sick) or cheese (mmm, cheese - I'm more of a cheese-aholic than a chocaholic tbh - had an amazing cheese & tomato toastie yesterday om nom :tongue: )

Enjoy your favourite foods...just don't go overboard...everything in moderation as they say (I know it's cliche'd but it's true):smile:
  • LadyAmy20
    LadyAmy20 Posts: 137
    Options
    even if I was cutting things out completely while trying to lose weight (which I'm not, except fizzy drinks) then I would never ever ever EVER be able to cut out chocolate! I'd last about a day, perhaps two, and then probably binge on it big time. Hehe.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I gave up skim milk and light marmalade, and other light products
    they are packed with preservatives and not so good for you

but pizza?
    it has meat, cheese andveggies, all good and healthy.
    And if I don't stop after 2 slices, no biggie, I'll make up for it the next day...