Home circuit training help!

Options
Hi All

I wondered if someone could help me design a circuit training type routine, for the stuff I have at home.

I am a member of a gym, and although it is an unusually friendly gym, I have my own hang-ups about going back until I have lost a bit of weight.

At home I have an exercise bike, it does have a tension changer on it, but it is fairly mild really.
A sit up frame thing.
Several different weights of kettle bells.
And of course the stairs!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    here is one that i really like!

72409506479147587_dXH0wJRH_f.jpg
  • Jezebel9
    Jezebel9 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Here is a list of some of the floor exercises I do at home. I typically do some of these and 2 or 3 sets of each exercise.
    These are a mix of cardio and strength training exercises.
    Have fun!

Push ups
    Squats (ball2thewall- put a med. size blow up ball between your back and the wall- slide down to squat- protects knees)
    'small circles' (standing with arms straight out - make small circles, count to 200)
    biceps curls
    tricept extention
    arm raise
    on your back lower ab workout:
    leg spreader (Hello Rogers)
    flutter kicks
    leg lifts
    - crunches
    horse stance- (legs wide, squat position combined with a standing dynamic ab lift- count to 50)
    straight leg raise (supports knee strength/ joint with leg weights)
    bird dog
    hip raise
    shoulder taps
    plank ab down
    bridges
    planks
    opposite arm to leg -kick slap crunch (ab/leg/*kitten* dynamic combo)
    front and rear lunges
    calf raises
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this thread, I was about to ask the same thing :) I love my nautilus circuit at the gym, but I want to be able to do a circuit at home too.
  • agerena007
    agerena007 Posts: 51
    Options
    BriaMC is pretty much on the money. I was on my elliptical this whole time and your body gets used to it and you go no where. I also did squats, lunges, crunches... But it wasnt enough for me, so before I pushed to hard I decided to start myself on the 30 day shred, which is a video u can do at home. It has pretty much the same thing BriaMC said to do. It kicks butt until you gradually overcome each level. Try the video, its pretty good. Good luck!
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Great ideas..
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    There is a great free on line service you can use.

www.warriorxfit.com

there is also,

www.bodyrock.tv
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I do a variety of Jillian Michael's DVD's....they're all circuit training and the only equipment required is 3 pound weights. (give or take a pound depending on your current strength level)
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Some great ideas here... bumping for later.
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • goforkissy
    goforkissy Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jamie0930
    jamie0930 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm glad I found this... I like to do circuts and interval training!
  • aculmon1
    aculmon1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Saving for later. Thanks!
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Options
    This is a great program that really gets results. Several people have used it and are using it. I'm on it now. Yes it's tough, but I can really feel it working. I'm on my first week. I honestly believe it will work and I couple it with my circuit workout I do at my gym.

"The Butt Bible"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcNxaXb5Ews
    This is for lower body at level 1.

All three levels for both upper and lower are posted.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I do a variety of Jillian Michael's DVD's....they're all circuit training and the only equipment required is 3 pound weights. (give or take a pound depending on your current strength level)

this. i've done Ripped in 30 twice now and lost 3 inches on my waist each time (unfortunately it was the same inches because i let myself go for 6+months) and now i'm starting on Body Revolution. love her workouts!
  • Jess22542
    Jess22542 Posts: 66
    Options
    Have you tired P90X? It can seem intimidating, but it's really great. Everything has varieties for different levels of fitness and you can always start with only half of the videos. There is lots of variety too and you'll learn a ton of stuff you can use in the gym. It teaches a huge variety of types of lunges, push ups, ab exercises, etc. Plus, it teaches how to lift weights properly. You'll see great progress and really quickly. It's pretty cheap to get now. I went form 150lbs to 125lbs in 90 days.
  • ruthiebusybee
    Options
    Thank you for all your replies everyone!

Thanks for the Jillian reminder too, I have 30 day shred on download, so might give that a go initially.

xx
  • Cheshire_Kat
    Cheshire_Kat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    awesome ideas.
  • tlucas69
    tlucas69 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump for later!!
  • Amber86queenbee
    Options
    Bump