Anyone want to do the alternate day diet with me?

Options
Hi,

I've just started using this site to keep me motivated, i've been doing the alternate day diet for about 2 weeks and it seems to be working, and i find it really easy so far.

I would love someone to join me so we can encourage each other and share tips

Also if anyone want to add me feel free, it's a bit strange using the site when you are doing it alone!

Also if anyone has any tips for using the site and making the most of it i would be grateful to hear them.

sorry for the waffle : )

Replies

• KersteyCornall
    KersteyCornall Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What's the alternate day diet? X
  • siliisobel
    siliisobel Posts: 49
    Options
    I would like to know too..?
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I also want to know! :)
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    No thanks. I don't do diets.
  • someonefromny
    Options
    This is an awesome diet and can work well but the problem is actually doing it. To everyone who has not heard of the alternate day diet it is based on fasting every other day. It is a myth that it is necessary to eat every day but the problem is actually staying with the plan. The non eating days are hell but if you can make it 24 hours without food 3 days a week then this could work for you.
  • de2brown
    de2brown Posts: 33
    Options
    maybe! what does it involve exactly? :)
  • Donna_Olsen
    Donna_Olsen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I just wonder, what do you drink those days without food? Water? Or is it more smoothies and juices? :)
  • maidofstone
    maidofstone Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Its easier to explain if i just give you the website i got it from, i've not bought any products or the book or anything i just got the info from here. http://www.johnsonupdaydowndaydiet.com/html/how-to-do-the-diet.html

thought it sounded a bit mad too, but nothing was working for me i seemed just stuck at a weight, and this seems to have kick started my weight loss...well fingers crossed it keeps doing so!

It won't be for everyone and you have to have willpower, but i've found it really easy because on your down day (only 500 cals) you know you only have til tomorrow then you can eat what you want (within reason)

I like it because of that reason and also i find all the other diets too complicated! and i get frustrated, i've been having just cereal bars and water on down days then nice meals and stuff on up days and exercising on those days too.

Also i really expected to eat tons of crap on the up days because i'd be so starving, but weirdly i haven't, it kind of makes you appreciate and plan what you will eat better because you are really looking forward to it...i know that sounds weird and maybe everyone won't feel like that.

hope this helps, and if anyone ants to join me the support would be good : )
  • annieviolent
    Options
    I used to do intermittent fasting and really liked it. No thought necessary and I really felt good on fasting days. I referenced Eat Stop Eat but it's all the same idea. But then I read that fasting is bad for my metabolism....? There's so much contradictory research I don't know who to believe!
  • annieviolent
    Options
    Hit post too soon! Anyway was going to say I'll give it another try with you since I've been stuck at the same weight for a few weeks now despite being under my calorie goal most days. Granted I eat a lot of crap so cleaning up my diet would help too. I sent you a friend request.
  • maidofstone
    Options
    thanks, i've just messaged you. i'm new to this so let me know the best way to do this, like updating and stuff, shall we keep posting on this thread about out progress etc...sorry to be so dumb! x
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome diet and can work well but the problem is actually doing it. To everyone who has not heard of the alternate day diet it is based on fasting every other day. It is a myth that it is necessary to eat every day but the problem is actually staying with the plan. The non eating days are hell but if you can make it 24 hours without food 3 days a week then this could work for you.

Really??? Someone told you that it is not necessary to eat every day, and you believed them? Ever stop to think the reason the non eating days are "hell" is because you should be eating???
  • maidofstone
    Options

Really??? Someone told you that it is not necessary to eat every day, and you believed them? Ever stop to think the reason the non eating days are "hell" is because you should be eating???

I have found the non eating days really easy because you only have a day to wait to eat, and i drink loads of water and don't go crazy on the eating day. Everyone is different i tried lots before this and this seems to whorl best for me, its only early days though so lets see how it goes : )
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    hrmm. i should do that as i'm low carbing. no appetite anyway!
  • Erika1962
    Erika1962 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am currently on the alternate day diet for the second time around and absolutely love it! You can add me if you want!
  • cjhart81
    cjhart81 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I would suck at that :(
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    It's basically Intermittent Fasting on steroids, I guess?
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Why not just learn to eat healthy and have a balanced life? What happens when you go finish this diet?! It can't be sustainable!!
  • natyts
    natyts Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just read about it and looking forward to giving it a try as i am also stuck at the same weight , Cereal bars and water every other day does not sound to bad to me ( each to there own i guess )
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Bump