I made it!

Options
soontobesam
soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
I just got back in from running my last official C25K run!! :drinker:

The past 9 weeks have been incredibly challenging and rewarding and I can't believe it's over. I wasn't an active kid growing up and I most certainly was not a runner (not including scenarios involving police and childhood debauchery) and somehow I completed the program.

I'm not up to 3.1 miles yet but being able to run for 30 minutes straight is HUGE to me so I consider it a successful completion and I will build myself up to 3.1 miles on my own and then continue moving forward!!

For any of you on here who are thinking about starting the program - do it!! I promise you will not regret the challenge and the lessons you learn about yourself will far outweigh any discomfort you will have to deal with.

Those of you who are currently doing the program but haven't completed - congratulations on taking this leap and keep pumping those legs!! Can't wait to see you post your completion success story!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• corinne1977
    corinne1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is a huge accomplishment! Keep up the great work!
  • mminter22
    mminter22 Posts: 29
    Options
    That is awesome!! :smile:
  • soontobesam
    Options
    Congratulations, that is a huge accomplishment! Keep up the great work!

Thank you so much!!

I'm tickled pink, as they say
  • soontobesam
    Options
    That is awesome!! :smile:

woop woop! thank you
  • stephieb186
    stephieb186 Posts: 127
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I love this!!! I am currently doing C25K. I love it! with my crazy schedule this month I've been a little slow getting off the ground with it. I think I may start the first week over and really give it my all. :D
  • NIKIAPOOH
    NIKIAPOOH Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's wonderful!
  • LelaYang
    LelaYang Posts: 43
    Options
    Big congrats! Accomplishing something that you never thought you could do is super satisfying! Keep it up! :D
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    congrats! i completed the program spring 2011 and loved it!
  • soontobesam
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I love this!!! I am currently doing C25K. I love it! with my crazy schedule this month I've been a little slow getting off the ground with it. I think I may start the first week over and really give it my all. :D

Do whatever you need to do to make it work for you. I know you can do it!
  • soontobesam
    Options
    congrats! i completed the program spring 2011 and loved it!

What did you do when you completed it? I'm a little nervous about not having a program. I am traveling abroad in August so I plan to keep running for 30 minutes etc and then when I get back I want to do a 5k somewhere local and then I'm not sure where to go after that.
  • soontobesam
    Options
    Congrats! That's wonderful!

Thank you!!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    That's great. Running for 30 minutes isn't a minor accomplishments. Shows you're in really good shape. Keep up the good work.
  • IllianaIman
    IllianaIman Posts: 131
    Options
    great job! :smile:
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    Agreed. It's very rewarding. I'm a C25K grad and I recommend it to everyone!

Congrats on your accomplishments! Keep going! :flowerforyou:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I started it, but I jog with my kids in/on a stroller and if my daughter even catches sight of me, she screams and screams until I take her out of the stroller! I'm hoping it's just a phase so that I can re-start the runs; I was really enjoying it!
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I completed the cto5k a little while back and know what you are talking about. It is a awsome feeling making that first 30 min run. I am still not quite up to the 3 mile mark yet more like 2.7. I have also restarted it on my off days with my youngest daughter. we are up to week 7 and I plan to be running six days at least 30 mins by the end of July.

YOU ARE AWSOME!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Ladyvirgosdj
    Ladyvirgosdj Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I'm still on Week 1 Day 1, but i'm on the road to getting there like you...
  • soontobesam
    Options
    We are rockstars :glasses:

Thanks everyone and you guys keep up the hard work!!
  • soontobesam
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I'm still on Week 1 Day 1, but i'm on the road to getting there like you...

You WILL get there! Honestly I think the hardest weeks for me were the first weeks. By no means are the longer runs easy but having to teach my body how to move and keep my brain from overriding my heart was really hard for me.

Just keep getting out there and putting one foot in front of the other.
  • nhug44
    nhug44 Posts: 10
    Options
    great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!