I made it!

Options

Replies

• AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I have been thinking about doing this for a while, time to get off my rear and give it a go!:smile: (I need a little jogging icon!)
  • IRun4Me_12
    IRun4Me_12 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm also a believer in the C25K program. I made it through week 7 I think before I just took it in my own hands. I am doing my first 5k in 3 weeks, and I'm so pumped. Based on my timing, I can complete a full 3.1 in about 40 minutes. I know that is not a fast pace at all, but I am damned proud of that time, considering where I started 6 months ago. I could not even jog for 30 seconds without sucking air. I was never a runner, and now, I am proud to call myself one!

:drinker:
  • idnac17
    idnac17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I haven't been following the program, but I was making up my own. I just jogged a mile yesterday for the first time! 15 min straight, so I can imagine how you feel about jogging 30 min straight! Pride!
  • mollysonnotice
    Options
    I'm doing C25K now. It's a little slow for me right now, but I'm nervous for when I have to start running for longer periods of time. I can't wait to be where you are! Congrats on your success and I'll see you at the finish line soon!!
  • scarlettgeorgia4
    scarlettgeorgia4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i 100% agree - i completed it last month and have been running 30 mins pretty much every other day since! i learnt so much about myself and think EVERYONE (who cannot already run) should do it!
  • savingsunday
    savingsunday Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Great job! I did a C25K program before, unfortunately due to some knee issues I wasn't able to keep going but I loved it when I did it!
  • Devona14
    Devona14 Posts: 171
    Options
    Congrats! I know what an accomplishment this is. I've been stuck on W6D3 for the past 4 workouts. Last night I completed it! Like you, I'm not up to the miles but, running the time is an amazing feeling. Congrats, again! :happy:
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Can't wait till I get there. Just made it through W2D1 last night!!
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I started the program and can't seem to get past week 3. My legs hurt so bad, even though I feel as if I can run longer. Seems as if my legs don't want to keep going. I think I may have to wait until I lose some more weight before I can begin the program. Or it may just be my shoes since I run outside and on the treadmill at times. The impact gives me shin splits and knee pains! Any suggestions?
  • ibshell
    ibshell Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How inpiring!! I have recently gone through a difficult drag and am finally back into it after gaining back all that I lost. I grabbed a partner though and am on my way!! Thank you for your success story. I have exactly 20lbs to lose and feel inpired by you. Congratulations on your way to maintaining a healthy lifestyle!!!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I have been thinking about doing this for a while, time to get off my rear and give it a go!:smile: (I need a little jogging icon!)

DO IT! Please, please, please do it. :bigsmile:
  • soontobesam
    Options
    How inpiring!! I have recently gone through a difficult drag and am finally back into it after gaining back all that I lost. I grabbed a partner though and am on my way!! Thank you for your success story. I have exactly 20lbs to lose and feel inpired by you. Congratulations on your way to maintaining a healthy lifestyle!!!

Gah. Me? Inspiring... Thank you - I can't tell you how proud that makes me.

Best of luck and I know you'll get those 20lbs down in no time!
  • soontobesam
    Options
    I started the program and can't seem to get past week 3. My legs hurt so bad, even though I feel as if I can run longer. Seems as if my legs don't want to keep going. I think I may have to wait until I lose some more weight before I can begin the program. Or it may just be my shoes since I run outside and on the treadmill at times. The impact gives me shin splits and knee pains! Any suggestions?

I would definitely say you need to change into a different pair of shoes. You can go to most stores that sell athletic equipment and have someone analyze your gait and all sorts of other fun stuff and they can help you pick out another shoe. The shoes can make or break you!
  • soontobesam
    Options
    Congrats!!! Can't wait till I get there. Just made it through W2D1 last night!!

Congrats on breaking into Week 2!!! You got this - you better post your success when you get to the end!
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    WTG you sure did make it. I know you are proud of yourself
  • soontobesam
    Options
    Congrats! I know what an accomplishment this is. I've been stuck on W6D3 for the past 4 workouts. Last night I completed it! Like you, I'm not up to the miles but, running the time is an amazing feeling. Congrats, again! :happy:

AWESOME!! We will get the miles up if we just keep getting out there.

Proud of you :flowerforyou:
  • soontobesam
    Options
    i 100% agree - i completed it last month and have been running 30 mins pretty much every other day since! i learnt so much about myself and think EVERYONE (who cannot already run) should do it!

Congrats on 38!

My goal is going to keep running 30 minutes each day too. Were you able to get into the 3.1 mile zone?
  • mikesa3
    mikesa3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I hope to get there someday. I'm working on week 2 for a second time before trying week 3.
    Nancy
  • soontobesam
    Options
    I'm doing C25K now. It's a little slow for me right now, but I'm nervous for when I have to start running for longer periods of time. I can't wait to be where you are! Congrats on your success and I'll see you at the finish line soon!!

You'll be fine! I feel like the first weeks are the hardest and then once your body figures out what the hell is going on it gets easier. If you are having trouble controlling your breathing - just slow yourself down a bit. You'll find the best pace for you - just focus on the endurance aspect of it and then you can work on increasing your speed.
  • soontobesam
    Options
    Congrats. I hope to get there someday. I'm working on week 2 for a second time before trying week 3.
    Nancy

You'll get there! I don't feel like there is anything wrong with repeating weeks until you can complete it! I'm assuming its the same for everyone but I couldn't see myself accomplishing much with just the 3 runs per week so I started doing 4 of each until I mastered it and then moving on to the next week and I also have free run days (but this didn't start until later).

Make the program work for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!