Protein doesn't fill me up

Options
2»

Replies

• onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same way. A couple of weeks ago, I did something I don't usually do - drastically altered my eating habits. I've been striving to cut out grains. I'm currently down to just a small bowl of cereal in the morning (currently, for lack of a better, easy substitute to go with my eggs). Ever since then, I've been able to feel satiated off of a lot less and a more protein-heavy meal. For me, at least, I think having breads and pastas and whatnot with a lot of meals made it harder to feel "full" when they were absent.

It might be worth a try, even if it's only for a week or two. If nothing else, it would force you to get creative with your meals.

^^^^

That was my experience too. I cut out breads/carbs for a couple of weeks and that helped my body be used to being full of protein. That plus drinking a lot of water.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I get what I call "hunger pains" when I eat raw carrots, but I think it is really my body trying to figure out what I just put into my stomach, like omg what is this foreign matter???

This is it!!! I feel empty sometimes even when I know I'm not. It's not all the time though... I can't figure out why it happens sometimes and not others.