September's "No late night snacking" Challenge

Replies

• I've been doing well lately. I started logging all my food for the day first thing in the morning and that has helped tremendously. Today I left myself enough calories to have a Skinny Cow Mint Ice Cream Sandwich after dinner :love:
  • Wow.....no one has checked in lately. I hope everyone is doing okay and keeping up with their goals. Have a great weekend guys!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Hey, there. I've been pretty good. I did not literally stick to my cut off, on days I exercised and I had calories left. However, I've pretty much kept eating under control at night. Well, on the exeption of last night, but I'm OK with it, since I have a good excuse :wink: . I'll keep working at it and I'm happy to read that you're doing well, Veronica. Stay strong! (specially over the WE :wink: )
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Hi dewdrop!:flowerforyou:
    Remember me?:embarassed:
    Somehow, I find the hectic summer months difficult as far as eating healthy and exercising so mfp went by the wayside big time. :grumble: But, last night, I put my youngest on a plane for a semester abroad so my husband and I are back to being empty nesters and I'm trying to get back on board w/mfp. I know it works if I just keep up w/it.
    Anyway, I am very happy to see that you have stuck w.this challenge.:happy: I am ready to start over so count me in as of tonight! This will be my warm-up for October. Watch out! If I put my mind to it, I can be real competition.:laugh:
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    Remember me?:embarassed:

I missed you badly! So glad you are back :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Thank you dewdrop!! :flowerforyou:
    Unfortunately, I blew it last night.:grumble: I need some practice at this. Hard to shed the bad habits.

So, tonight I need to remember that my cut-off is 9:30 p.m. Nothing with calories after 9:30 unless it is a special occcasion or out for the evening. Then my cut-off will be 11:30 p.m.

Hope everyone is doing well with this.
    Zaza
  • Hey everyone! I've been doing pretty well lately. I went to a party over the weekend (and of course the only kinds of food there were greasy sloppy joes, chips/dip, cupcakes, etc). But I managed to stay in control, limit my portions and avoid that late night after-party snacking on junk.
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    I really need to do this. After 8 pm is my problem time. Usually too much wine - I know that is the worst. No wonder I keep losing the same 10lbs over and over again - sabatogue myself.

Blew it last night with 3 glasses of red wine. At least I won't feel like doing it tonight.
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Brenda Lee:
    I did exactly the same thing. Now I am beating myself up and thinking about skipping breakfast.
  • dewdrop
    Veronica, keep up the good work .:flowerforyou: Likewise, those of you that are sticking with it, but too busy or shy to tell us your numbers.

Zaza, we both know you can do it! :flowerforyou:

I guess we also both know that I can do it. But am I doing it? Not really, not the past few days :grumble: . Still, the challenge is up! :wink:
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanieb325 Posts: 174 Member
    So I haven't been on here in a min cause I was out of town... But I haven't late night snacked in 1 week! I can not believe it! I feel great!
  • I want to join this FOR SURE!!!! This has been an issue for me since I was a child, and sometimes I get up in the middle of the night and eat. My cut-off time will be 8:00 p.m. Thanks for posting this!! I think it will/ really help knowing others are doing the same.:wink:
  • dewdrop
    So I haven't been on here in a min cause I was out of town... But I haven't late night snacked in 1 week! I can not believe it! I feel great!

So they did lock you up :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . On a more serious note: AWESOME! See, you can do it! I knew you could :wink: . Keep doing it to keep feeling this great :flowerforyou: .

allsnchase25, welcome and good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Well it's been over a week now without any slip-ups. The challenge now is not to sabotage myself.....or let anyone else for that matter. People are always bringing donuts, cookies, pizza, etc. into work. When I get out my fruit/veggies and munch on those, there's always some comment like, "Still eating that rabbit food huh:devil: ". Whatever. I'm not going to let them get to me.
  • Stephanieb325
    Veronica and Dewdrop!

Thank you for your support! I can not believe I am doing so well with not eating at night. I try to keep myself busy and I also do not want to have to report me behaving badly at night. LOL :blushing:

Doing great ladies!
  • Stephanie:

That's the exact same thing I do. I figure, as long as I'm doing something (cleaning, exercising, laundry, etc.) I won't be sitting around snacking just because I'm bored or something. Keep it up:flowerforyou:
  • Stephanieb325
    Stephanie:

That's the exact same thing I do. I figure, as long as I'm doing something (cleaning, exercising, laundry, etc.) I won't be sitting around snacking just because I'm bored or something. Keep it up:flowerforyou:

Thanks girl! Another night down! I think this is becoming a great change and I love being able to post about it! How did you do Veronica?
  • Well, it's the weekend and, suprisingly enough, I'm resisting the urge to binge! Our regular grocery shopping trip is tomorrow and I'm trying to incorporate different things into my diet so that I don't get bored of eating all the same old stuff.
  • Hope everyone had success over the weekend:smile: I broke the cardinal rule and went grocery shopping while hungry and spent entirely waaay too much money:devil: . But on the plus side of that.....none of it was junk food. I decided to try out some protein shakes. I've never really been much of a shake person, so I hope I like them.

Side note: I hope we're going to keep this up next month. This challenge has really made a big difference to me as I hope it has for all of you:flowerforyou:
  • Stephanieb325
    Hey everybody! I haven't been late night snacking and oddly enough I have started taking protien shakes in the morning. They have been good! Quick and easy and I am satisfied till lunch! We should def keep this up, maybe more of us should try having a protien shake for breakfast or right after we workout.
This discussion has been closed.