Scale won't budge! Not even .10

Options
2»

Replies

• JeneansaQueen
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid tested? I have hashimoto's disease and hypothyroidism which makes me gain weight when I should be losing. When I eat whatever I want, the weight just piles on, but when I track my food with MFP, I slowly gain weight or I stay put. In situations where it takes someone a week to burn two pounds, it takes me 3 months.
  • melneh
    melneh Posts: 25
    Options
    This. The scale is often a filthy liar.
    [/quote]

AGREED!!
    My scale was a part of nine scales created in the depths of mordor. The nine was distrubuted between the races of middle earth. three for the elves, three to the dwarves, and three to the humans. Over much turmoil and strife, all were lost until, a chubby girl went to walmart and bought the cheapest scale she could find. little did she know that scale, would change the course of history...

awful.
  • nsalerno90
    nsalerno90 Posts: 68
    Options
    Two things -- first, the thyroid thing can be an issue for some women. Have it checked and do some reading about eating with low functioning thyroid. Second, I know for me I have to eat far more protein than carbs to even have a chance. Your carbs are high in relationship to your protein. I don't know your age but the older I get the less carbs I take in. I also eat my carbs early in the day and avoid them at night (with the exception of some brown rice with dinner). You also might want to look at the Eat Clean stuff online or in a library book. Processed food does a number on us too. Just some thoughts. Hang in there -- it will start coming off again.
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This. The scale is often a filthy liar.

AGREED!!
    My scale was a part of nine scales created in the depths of mordor. The nine was distrubuted between the races of middle earth. three for the elves, three to the dwarves, and three to the humans. Over much turmoil and strife, all were lost until, a chubby girl went to walmart and bought the cheapest scale she could find. little did she know that scale, would change the course of history...

awful.
    [/quote]

hahahaha love it!

and my thyroid is fine!
  • LilLolo22
    LilLolo22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I say, "don't give up!" I've been on here over a year. When I first started I lost about 10 pounds pretty easily. Then I was at a standstill for almost a YEAR! I tried just about everything I could think of: did tougher workouts (P90X, Turbo Fire, etc.), tried to up my calories, upped my protein, lowered my fat, lowered my carbs...you name it. Finally, after I hit my year mark, I said okay, enough stressing out! I stopped logging food for the most part and have decided to eat mostly fruits & veggies, along with a bit of lean meat/nuts/fats, moderate grains, next to no alcohol and very limited sodium. I also took it down a notch with my workouts for now. I'm doing Les Mills Pump and jogging/walking, yoga. Since I've started doing that, I've lost another 7 lbs so far. My weight has been holding steady as I lose (something I didn't have before) and I'm glad that I never gave up. I still have some ways to go before I reach my goal, so my words of advice are to simply keep going. For some of us it takes time and lots of trial and error before you find out what your body responds to. =D You can do it!
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    you are probably not eating enough!
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Just don't give up. Make a game plan.
    Unfortunately for me the last few times I have lost weight is when I thought I was going to gain (because it's times when I am stressed out and have caved and ate a crap load of sugar throughout the week).

When I did 30DS I think I gained the first week. Pissed me off - had to listen to Jillian for another 7 days and I cussed her out the whole time...and lost weight. It's a good program. I finished it but I still keep it in my work outs - I do workout 3 or workout 1 once or twice a week (work out two sucks).

Also - drink water and record it. When I don't drink water my body doesn't lose weight. I'm no scientist, but I drank a lot of water this week and lost 3 pounds (and ate a lot of stuff I shouldn't have).