Bad co-worker habits

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
Mr. Sneezes way louder than he needs to, shaking my desk. Then says "oops lost an eyeball there"

Mrs. cooks fish in microwave

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Cube neighbor (from another department) is on conference calls all day. And likes to roam the aisle talking on her headset.

I want to shove it down her throat...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Well, at the moment, the guy in the cube catty-corner to mine on his speaker phone.

And lately the woman who sits next to him and talks so loud it's like she's yelling in my ear (and talks about VERY personal things with her doctor and about how she hates all her coworkers and they all hate her).

But at least the singing oinker is gone!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Smelly receptionist! Seriously bad...and you NEVER want to go to the bathroom at the same time or after she's been in there. Fish market if you know what I mean. Just nasty.
  • direwolfprincess
    direwolfprincess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Oh I have been wanting to vent...

My co worker has the annoying habit of walking into my office, sitting down, proceeding to talk (and talk and talk work/non-work related) and when there is nothing more for him to say he stays there. Just sits, I shuffle papers, work on my laptop and say leading remarks such as "Well better finish this up." or "Ok, great. Back to work" He still just sits there! Smiling. Like he is trying to think of a joke or something more to say. I end up closing my door just so he doesn't have an excuse to bother me.

Sadly that doesn't stop him from knocking. I feel like he won't get the hint and I literally have to get up and go get water, go to the kitchen or hide in the restroom for him to get the point to get out of my office.

He is one of those people with a incessant sense of odd humor however when he walks by my office and flickers the lights, brings in old tumbleweeds and hangs them from my ceiling..

He is also very passive aggressive and that can cause other issues but alas I will only gripe about the irritating evacuation process I have to perform each time he stops in.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I mostly work alone :happy:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    The douche sitting in my seat, typing this statement, is an *kitten*. He's handsome and witty.
  • LivetoRun07
    LivetoRun07 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I work in a hospital, and our unit is primarily women....

NO! I do NOT want to buy stupid overpriced boy scout popcorn, girl scout cookies, or anything else your child has to sell to get fundraiser prizes. So stop putting all the stupid packets in my mailbox.
  • emmygrace2012
    emmygrace2012 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    People that don't knock when they use my office as a hallway!!! Hello people!! I change clothes in here and there is a sign on the door that says "Do Not Disturb. Health Risk Assessments in progress."
    It will not hurt you to walk to the next door around the corner!! one day...I promise, I will moon you!
  • emmygrace2012
    emmygrace2012 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I work in a hospital, and our unit it primarily women....

NO! I do NOT want to buy stupid overpriced boy scout popcorn, girl scout cookies, or anything else your child has to sell to get fundraiser prizes. So stop putting all the stupid packets in my mailbox.

OMG yes! especially doughnuts...its ALWAYS doughnuts here!!
    No one wants your deep fried, sugar glazed bread! Worse thing was...it was on a CARDIAC unit!
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    We have a unisex bathroom and there are only two men in the office.

Since man B started working here recently, there have been puddles (and i mean BIG puddles) of piss in front of the toilet, and the seat is always up....

REALLY... would you like me to get your some targets to aim for??
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I work in a hospital, and our unit it primarily women....

OMG yes! especially doughnuts...its ALWAYS doughnuts here!!
    No one wants your deep fried, sugar glazed bread! Worse thing was...it was on a CARDIAC unit!

I love the folks i work with, but they ALWAYS have doughnuts here. It's hard to say No...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    And now the one with the ridiculously loud voice is starting a conference call on speaker phone.

*sigh*

I'm outta here in 30 minutes, at least.

And the other guy, who sits in the cubicle next to hers, is about to join the same conference call on HIS phone.
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Our VP loves to bring in a box of doughnuts for everyone! :sad:

And there's always leftover snacks and food from meetings just sitting out on the counter waiting to be eaten...
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    How has no one said clipping fingernails?! Dear god. Doucher across the way clips his f*ckin' nails every other day. I don't get it. Do that ish in the privacy of your own home. Or the bathroom at the very least. F*cking disgusting.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    One of my engineers would stink up the ladies bathroom terribly. She would also eat out of the communal snack dishes without washing her hands before/after NOR would she use a separate dish to serve into despite the many notes posted asking folks to do so. #sonasty
  • shellisugar
    shellisugar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I had a former worker who clipped her nails at her desk. Her toenails. NOT OKAY.
  • havesomejoe
    havesomejoe Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Neighbor who constantly farts and is right next to me. Also smacks lips when eating and drinking. Talks loudly on phone instead of going into a non-work area to talk. Generally an ogre-ish lug.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed that mine even show up at work!!! They are so frustrating sometimes!