My body was perfect before I had a baby.

Options
124»

Replies

• Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Before I got pregnant I was 120 lbs. I am 5'10" so i was a size zero forever.I worked at Hooters and was doing alot of modeling on the side. I got pregnant and almost got up to 200 lbs. I had a baby girl that was 9lbs 12oz. My stomach was ALWAYS flat. Now I am wearing my husbands clothes because nothing of mine fits (not even shirts, or shoes) My stomach is so stretched out the skin is just saggy and stretch marks everywhere. I just want to know how long it takes for your body to recover after having a baby? Is there any hope for me to get into at least a size 5? I NEED HELP

You can get back in a 5..most definitely!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/647107-may-not-seem-much-to-you-but-i-worked-hard-for-it-pics
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    i hate to say it, but your body will never be exactly the same as before.

Wrong!

I had a baby at 20. I look better now than I did before having my daughter. There is hope!

But I bet you still have some stretchmarks! That's what I was talking about. Sure, she can lose the extra weight, but her skin will never be the same after being stretched during her pregnancy.

No, I don't. I had some for about a year after birth and they have faded so much they're not visible.

ETA: OP you can add me if you want to see some pics.
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Before I got pregnant I was 120 lbs. I am 5'10" so i was a size zero forever.I worked at Hooters and was doing alot of modeling on the side. I got pregnant and almost got up to 200 lbs. I had a baby girl that was 9lbs 12oz. My stomach was ALWAYS flat. Now I am wearing my husbands clothes because nothing of mine fits (not even shirts, or shoes) My stomach is so stretched out the skin is just saggy and stretch marks everywhere. I just want to know how long it takes for your body to recover after having a baby? Is there any hope for me to get into at least a size 5? I NEED HELP
    This post by Tink is EXTREMELY motivating!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/552499-having-babies-is-no-excuse?hl=having+kids+is+no+excuse
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options

We have a LOT in common! My body was perfect before I got pregnant too! And I also worked at Hooters until I got pregnant and decided to quit. I always maintained a nice flat tummy and sexy figure. I found that "bouncing back" to my pre-baby body was much easier b/c I was in shape beforehand. The problem I have now is just maintaining my weight. That has never been an issue until my now 4 yr old son was born. I think it definitely varies from woman to woman how quickly your body recovers. Immediately after my son was born, I started w/ the Billly Bootcamp elite workout, followed the workout calendar, and meal guide. I was skinny again before I knew it, so I stopped working out so hard. After a while the weight began to creep back. It's been a struggle every since for me. My weight continues to fluctuate but luckily I have never exceeded over 10lbs in the past 4 years.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    OK here goes the tough talk...JUST DO IT GIRL! ;)

Your body may not be your pre-baby body, but it can get back to bikini body.

I have 6 kids. Gained 50-60lbs per baby. Last four babies were 9+ pounds. I did not get stretch marks with the first three, but baby four, I got them. Baby five and six even more. What is worse, baby 6 was my only girl, so my hips spread (my actual bones are wider) and I got a lot more stretch marks, tons, of loose, skin, was 39, and the fat was not coming off.

Joined a gym 18 months ago because my body was turning to butter. I have NEVER felt jelly arms and it looked like nastiness sliding down my legs...FAT! I was getting in better shape, but Feb of this year...I just had it. I got tired of seeing all these young hot bodies in bikinis. What can an older mom of 6 kids do?

Gonna post some pictures now just to show that you can get a pretty body back. It may not be that perfect size 0 tummy, but it can be a body that you will like and your DH will LOVE!!!

8 Months pregnant:
    8MonthsSide-1-1.jpg

Tummy one year later. I have NEVER held weight like this with the other children. I thought that this was how I was going to look now that I was 40.
    Summer2010-1-1.jpg

Took this picture Dec. 2011. You can tell that I have lost weight and I look a lot better. But, when I saw this, I was angry and still hated my tummy.
    Dec2011Before.jpg

Took these just this past month
    AfterJune2012.jpgTwin.jpg

I joke around that I want to look like I only had 2 kids and not 6!!!

But, to get this last weight off of my body,
    I had to drop carbs. Not Atkins low, but I try to hit around 100 carbs and 120-150 protein.
    Dry Brush your skin (Goolge it)
    Eat Virgin coconut oil (Google its benefits)
    I rub the cheaper coconut oil on my skin
    Ab Vacuums (You tube it) It works your transverse abs and pulls in your tummy
    Planks...again, it works those transverse abs.

I think to get that tummy skin to shrink, you will need to get your body fat below 20%, get it into the athletic range. Now, it may not look as perfect, but it will look better.

And, I know that I might annoy some moms that have seen me post a lot on here....I want to show moms that we can look the best that we can and to not get discouraged. It is just so easy to do, and I was there 18 months ago. Why try since I had 6 kids and I was old. But, what if I had quit...what would I look like?

I hope that my pictures can show you that you can get almost all or all of your prebaby body back. :heart: :heart:
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    INCREDIBLE WORK!!!! :flowerforyou:
    THANKS FOR THE TIPS!
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    Shouldn't blame the baby. You need to work hard in order to get back to your size. And that is why you are here on MPF.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I agree with OP that said you have to get your body fat below 20% to see your tummy really shrink nicely. Mine's ~19% and looks pretty decent considering my age and that I've been pregnant twice.
  • Audrey3512
    Audrey3512 Posts: 16
    Options
    OK here goes the tough talk...JUST DO IT GIRL! ;)

Your body may not be your pre-baby body, but it can get back to bikini body.

I have 6 kids. Gained 50-60lbs per baby. Last four babies were 9+ pounds. I did not get stretch marks with the first three, but baby four, I got them. Baby five and six even more. What is worse, baby 6 was my only girl, so my hips spread (my actual bones are wider) and I got a lot more stretch marks, tons, of loose, skin, was 39, and the fat was not coming off.

Joined a gym 18 months ago because my body was turning to butter. I have NEVER felt jelly arms and it looked like nastiness sliding down my legs...FAT! I was getting in better shape, but Feb of this year...I just had it. I got tired of seeing all these young hot bodies in bikinis. What can an older mom of 6 kids do?

Gonna post some pictures now just to show that you can get a pretty body back. It may not be that perfect size 0 tummy, but it can be a body that you will like and your DH will LOVE!!!

8 Months pregnant:
    8MonthsSide-1-1.jpg

Tummy one year later. I have NEVER held weight like this with the other children. I thought that this was how I was going to look now that I was 40.
    Summer2010-1-1.jpg

Took this picture Dec. 2011. You can tell that I have lost weight and I look a lot better. But, when I saw this, I was angry and still hated my tummy.
    Dec2011Before.jpg

Took these just this past month
    AfterJune2012.jpgTwin.jpg

I joke around that I want to look like I only had 2 kids and not 6!!!

But, to get this last weight off of my body,
    I had to drop carbs. Not Atkins low, but I try to hit around 100 carbs and 120-150 protein.
    Dry Brush your skin (Goolge it)
    Eat Virgin coconut oil (Google its benefits)
    I rub the cheaper coconut oil on my skin
    Ab Vacuums (You tube it) It works your transverse abs and pulls in your tummy
    Planks...again, it works those transverse abs.

I think to get that tummy skin to shrink, you will need to get your body fat below 20%, get it into the athletic range. Now, it may not look as perfect, but it will look better.

And, I know that I might annoy some moms that have seen me post a lot on here....I want to show moms that we can look the best that we can and to not get discouraged. It is just so easy to do, and I was there 18 months ago. Why try since I had 6 kids and I was old. But, what if I had quit...what would I look like?

I hope that my pictures can show you that you can get almost all or all of your prebaby body back. :heart: :heart:

I LOVE THIS. Thank you so much. :)
  • Ljordan_fitflow
    Ljordan_fitflow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You're very welcome!!