How skinny is too skinny? I need opinions...

Options

Replies

• Rosamaria090
    Options
    If I looked like you, I would be very happy!
  • Orkydd
    Orkydd Posts: 11
    Options
    Honestly, you have a great body. I wouldn't aim to lose weight, but rather toning. Lift some weights. you may lose a few pounds here and there, but like I said before, you have great proportions. I would kill to look like you, lol. Also, when it comes to losing weight, I wouldn't set a goal and just go for it. Set a goal and see how your progress is. Maybe the goal you set was too low and so on. Good luck hun.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I would only lose 10 if I were you.. As someone else said, focus on body composition. Start strength training. :)
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    You, of course, are your worst critic. I think that no matter how much you lose, you won't necessarily feel happy with the result. Having said all that, I think you will get your desired shape through more weight lifting, pilates, and yoga. You can get a lean and shapely physique and lose inches. :) (Which is pretty much what everyone else has been saying) Good luck to you!
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Maybe 5 -10 lbs. (if that). But like most people have said lift weights, work on toning, and check your BMI.
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    yeah no more then 10 pounds which would be pushing it..lift some weights hottie :flowerforyou:
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Super cute... And everyone has already said it. Tone. If you do need to lose anything, you will lose it while lifting. An extremely small deficit if any.
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I think you're perfect as you are now. :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Nope. Still not fat in clothes.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    (I feel the fattest in clothes..)

This is your problem. Sounds like you need to work on your body image more than anything.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    If you are worried about how you look in clothes, do a balance between cardio and weights of course as well as diet. You just need to tone. Focus on body fat % and not a number on the scale... although I am obsessed with the number …that my own downfall! ;)
  • fitandstrongmommy
    fitandstrongmommy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I would say work on body composition, not weight. Your body fat doesn't look that high. Lift some weights!
    I think the same thing you look good and 40 pounds would be way to much
  • KLovesTy
    KLovesTy Posts: 37
    Options
    I think you look great and I would focus on weight training, if you truly desire a number I'd say no more than 5.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Don't lose anything, just begin lifting weights :)
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have asked lots of ppl if i was too skinny a few years ago. No one can give me an answer. sooo....... Get to where you feel good about urself. Even tho ppl told me I was too skinny, thats the weight I was happy to be at.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    I would say work on body composition, not weight. Your body fat doesn't look that high. Lift some weights!
    This! Agree!
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should focus on the number on the scale because you already look good! You should try lifting heavy weights because that would slim down whatever little fat you have and give you some definition.
  • Minkyboodle86
    Minkyboodle86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! If u lose anymore I'm afraid the "twins" will also leave. Lol :(
    Love the confidence you have!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say how much you "should" (could is a better word) lose without knowing your numbers. 10 lbs for someone who is short is more noticeable than for someone who is very tall.

I would imagine you are at a healthy weight now. I agree that you would probably enjoy strength training or just general fitness working out. I would aim to lose no more than .5-1 lb a week and go from there. What do you think? What do others say? How does your body feel? How's your energy, your physical comfort, your endurance?

Even without knowing your numbers, 40 would be way too much to lose.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options

this! build some muscle. i'm doing p90x even though i have quite a bit to lose still. i want muscle definition!