Options
    I hated that I couldnt walk more than 10 minutes

and

I really wanted to start a family - having fertility issues

seems like it worked ; )
  • MadiRose2
    MadiRose2 Posts: 145
    Options
    I was at a waterpark here in phoenix with one of my best friends. She is really thin, and looks beautiful. Well, I bent down to sit in an innertube, and my stomach rolled, a whole darn lot. So I decided it was time to go on a diet for the flat tummy I have always dreamed of. I have only 12 more pounds to go!
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Around the holidays I was so uncomfortable at work because my underwear was so tight. :blushing: I couln't wait to go home and put on pajamas but they were starting to get tight too :mad: I'll be 50 this year and I'd like to make it to 90 like my grandmother but there was no way that was going to happen if I kept doing what I was doing.

I'm eating heathier, logging every bite and moving more. Anytime someone asks what diet I'm on I tell them it's not a diet it's a lifestyle change. Sure hope I keep on doing it. I'm obviously not confident about thay yet because all the clothes I've outgrown I put in bins labeled by size in the basement. Hoping that will come with time.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Girls.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    January 5, 2012 I was over at a friends house and her neice was there. I met her for the first time and she told me she was a teacher and that her and her fitness friends were doing "myfitnesspal". Started that day and been on here every day since. I have lost 27+ pounds and gotten my self esteem back.
  • shawnadwyer
    shawnadwyer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I was tired of looking at myself and being disgusted and i was tired of being tired .. I knew something had to change i wasnt sure if i could do it, i mean i tried before lost the weight and here i am again 5 years later trying to lose what i gained back plus some. But this time is different it wasnt until i heard people making excuses as to why they cant eat healthy and exercise then a light went off in my head i was one of them people i had every excuse possible...So i changed my way of thinking and here i am on the road to success again...Oh and my neice said " your shorter in the driver seat now thats because your not fat anymore your bum is smaller" cruel yes i know but it was the nicest complament that i have received chilldren are brutally honest and thats enough to keep me going
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Last summer I had relatives out for a big party. I took the week off and since I live near the ocean, we all went to the beach. I used to be able to wear any bikini I wanted but this time I had on a tank top and shorts! The longer I laid there, I made myself sick. I went home and saw a photo from 25 years ago, me in a bikini on the beach in Hawaii and thought.... Thats what I want to look like AGAIN! So here it is another summer and the relatives are all coming back again..... but this time, I've lost 20 pounds and am under my goal. So I will go to the beach with them again but I will wear a bikini this time! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a difference a year can make.
  • diannk1974
    diannk1974 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I went to a blood drive and wasn't able to give because my blood pressure was too high. I've lost 30 lbs and bp is now considered "normal". Would still like to lose about 10 more.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Girls.

nice LOL
  • egarcia83
    egarcia83 Posts: 11
    Options
    I looked in the mirror and was disgusted by what I have become.
  • MsMarlaMae
    MsMarlaMae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I went away on a weekend with all my girlfriends, and for the first time I looked around and realized I was the fat chic. I wasn't the curvy girl with a great rack. I wasn't the balls to the walls cute girl with curves. I was just fat. And unhappy.

I went home on Sunday, told my husband I wanted to lose weight, joined MFP. 70 lbs later here I am, and it FLOORS me how easy it really was once I just decided to stop eating so damn much.
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I've put on 35lbs over the last five years, mainly due to the drugs I've been prescribed for severe depression, rising from about 135 -140lbs to over 170lbs. The good news is that the drugs and intensive psychotherapy have helped me sort myself out, and my life has been transformed (thanks, NHS!). But my decision to lose weight now, in June 2012, was influenced by 2 main things.

Firstly, in May, I visited NYC with a good friend who INSISTED on photographing everything, even me, despite my protests. There was one picture in particular of me sitting on the steps of a friend's house in Brooklyn in which I looked so fat I barely recognised myself. She put all the photos on Facebook: double shame!

Secondly, I noticed that after a few new hires and a couple of retirements, half the women administrators in my department at work are either very overweight or obese, and I want to be on the right side of the 50% (I'm one of the very overweight ones) by the end of the year, which is a roundabout way of saying I don't want to be "one of the fat ones".

Oh, and I would really love to be able to wear nice clothes again, not just clothes that disguise the fattest bits.
  • pogojr
    pogojr Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My final straw was in November when I went for my annual exam and my OB/GYN volunteered that she would write a letter of recomendation for gastric bypass. I wasn't there about my weight and was not soliciting advice. I waited until after Christmas to get started. I went to my regular physician this week and my cholesterol is down by 25%. Can't wait to see where that goes!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My motivation was just a breaking point I think in my life in general. I got fired from my job, my boyfriend dumped me and I had to move back in with my mother. I was depressed. Spent every day on the couch playing video games not wanting to deal with life. I started getting worried about some chest pains I was having. I went to the hospital and they said it wasn't a heart attack which was nice but I still didn't like that I felt that bad about my health that I felt like a heart attack could be a possibility. After that period of wallowing in self pity one day I just said enough. I've gone from that very low point and am building myself back up better and stronger than before. I hate to give that crappy job and that loser guy any credit for it but I guess really they did have a hand in it, too bad they won't get to enjoy the result.
  • pennycandy57
    Options
    I don't like how I look. My husband says he is happy with me, but I've gained about 30 pounds since we got married 5 years ago. I want to be happy with how I look. I just made 55 and I don't want to spend the rest of my life heavy. I'm not looking to get skinny - but I would like to lose the fat, tone up and be healthy.
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I was always the skinny one growing up- underweight, as a matter of fact. I desperately wanted to be "normal" weight. After I had my 4 kids, I finally was happy being at 130ish, and stayed there for many years without trying. After my divorce, I moved back to L.A. to live near family, and I got together with my now (wonderful) hubby, who is not in the best of shape. It was very easy for me to put on 30 pounds in the last 4 years. I hit bottom not long ago when I was looking for a cute top to wear to go out for a friend's birthday and I ended up in the plus-size store. I bought my first XL and vowed it would be my last! My dad is on MFP and when I told him I was going on a diet, he told me about it. I signed up and have not looked back! Plus my 20 year reunion is in 2 weeks, and I don't want people wondering how the skinny girl turned into the fat girl!
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    My husband and I split up. And on a number of levels, it made me really realize I need to get my *stuff together.

Time's a wastin'... and one is never guaranteed tomorrow. I saw a quote that say "one year from now you will wish you had stated today". Not getting any younger (I'm 25) So I am trying to live each day I have better to recognize and actually take advantage of the opportunities I have to do good things and learn and be the best person I can be.
  • vibegirl
    vibegirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Let's see...how many reasons?? lol

1) Just cause I'm getting older I refuse to buy into the crappola - 'oh it's inevitable you'll gain weight' with menopause etc
    2) Watching patients at MD's office where I work (as a natural health practitioner, I run the holistic side of the practice) who are in pain or on meds due to weight and weight related health issues. So many of them look and act 10 or more years older than they are!
    3) Tired of clothes feeling tight or uncomfortable
    4) Looking at myself in pics or mirror...cripes who is that???
    5) Remember that body suit Robin Williams wore in Mrs Doubtfire?? I feel like that! lol But I can't take it off! (well I will be soon!)
    7) I want to be a rock star at 50 ! Well look like one anyway. :o)
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Tired of being invisible in this world.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I saw myself tagged in a Facebook picture and I didn't recognize myself. I thought I was fine; accepted the largeness of my legs and arms, even though the clothes were a little tight and I started sucking in my stomach a lot. Then I tried on my Kate spade dress for the Holidays and it didn't fit.

My $350 dress didn't fit!!!! I didn't want my wardrobe to go to waste. January 2012, I started my MFP journey.

I am 3lbs away from my goal. Once I reach it, I may have a new goal. But I will always be with MFP because I know I will gain the weight back if I don't count my calories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!