Paula Dean's weightloss

Options

Replies

• mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I couldn't figure out why she'd need to give up ketchup but then realized she must be avoiding sugar? (Who has a problem with ketchup?)
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I couldn't figure out why she'd need to give up ketchup but then realized she must be avoiding sugar? (Who has a problem with ketchup?)

Yeah most ketchup is loaded with sugar. Heinz has a reduced sugar one that I use on occasion, but since mustard has 0 carbs that's my go to condiment for most things that lend itself well to mustard.
  • SThomas215
    Options
    Wish I would look that good after losing just 30 lbs.!
  • sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    Wish I would look that good after losing just 30 lbs.!
    I just wish I could LOSE 30 pounds! LOL
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many lbs came out of her clogged arteries.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Ba-dump CHING!!! The old drum beat hits after the joke!!! LOL :laugh:
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! and Paula Dean!
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The article I read stated that she is 5'6" tall.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    the weight/size thing is completely variable, yeah

I lost about 10 pounds and went from an Old-Navy size 10/12 to a 6/8. And yet my upper body has stated pretty much the same!

I've lost 12 pounds and still wear a 10 at Old Navy. It's all relative.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm thrilled that she's lost the weight, but what I don't understand is why she waited until now to do it..she's known about her diabetes for THREE years.

Marketing How could she have done her show and promoted eating cheeseburgers on donuts while being open about her diabetes?? Not a very profitable mix.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    She looks great! I read that she's 5'6.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    just saw an article. She is 5'6" and yes she still smokes, but is looking to quit. Also said she wants to lose 15 more lbs.
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    My mom says 15 pounds is one dress size.
    I've lost 31 and lost only one dress size, but all clothes are made differently as someone has said and I know the last 5 pounds I lost mainly in my legs, so...
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that she went from an 18 to a 10 with only losing 30 lbs. At one point i went from a 22 to a 12 and it took lots of exercise and 75 lbs! I'm 5' 8"

Why do you find it so hard to believe? I'm only 5'2, I went from 205-ish and a size 16/18 (I squeezed into 16's, but should have been wearing 18's) down to 160-ish and wearing 6's. Sounds pretty similar-even without vanity sizing. *shrug*

*in fact, I can shop in the jr. department again now-even sitting around 155. I bought myself some jr. size 7's for Christmas, and they fit. :-D
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Ba-dump CHING!!! The old drum beat hits after the joke!!! LOL :laugh:

I bet she bleeds butter, lol...tut tut, I am kidding, I bet she found it harder to eat well than any of us.
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds crazy but at one point in my weighloss journey I had lost about 76 lbs. I went from a 4x shirt to a 2x but a 3x felt better and my jeans went from a really tight 20 to a kinda loose 18. So it amazes me when people says they lost 6 dress sizes with only a little weight. I am now starting over almost but that is ok. I know what needs to be done, I know how to do it, and I am ready to do it!!!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and I have lost about 40 pounds form my highest weight. I was almost too big for 20's and Old Navy XXL's now I am in 16's and 18's and 1 14 dress and no more 1X tops mostly XL and some L :)

It is weird how losing the same amount of weight as someone else doe not necessarly translate into the same size loss. But great job on your loss so far keep it up.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options

very sugary

i'm mayo girl anyway (yay low carb!)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I don't like her for two reasons:

1. The way she treated her son when he wanted to start cooking healthy southern food. It was rude and done in a very public manner.
    2. How's she's in deep with the Big Pharma

Congrats to her for losing the weight but I'm not a fan. There's so many other celebrity chefs to follow.

From Anthony Bourdain: She's "the most destructive person on the Food Network" and said in an interview: "She revels in unholy connections with evil corporations and she's proud of the fact that her food is f---ing bad for you. If I were on at seven at night and loved by millions of people at every age, I would think twice before telling an already obese nation that it's OK to eat food that is killing us. Plus, her food sucks."
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Why are people so quick to judge? I say good on her - PD is losing weight and seems to be trying to be healthier. Why cut her down for still smoking, knowing she had diabetes for the last XX years, she's not really a size XX, she wears spanx, whatever...she's human just like the rest of us, and we all struggle. I say celebrate our successes, learn from our mistakes, and press on!