Paula Dean's weightloss

Options

Replies

• ti2gr
    ti2gr Posts: 2
    Options
    This is addressed to the first lady who started the topic.
    Are you doing any weight training? You might just need to do that to tone up and firm up. I've lost 37 lbs, but I've lost 8 pants sizes. I'm an Independent Beach Body Coach if you have any questions about using weights or exercises, and no I'm not trying to sell you something. I believe in paying it forward and helping people before the mighty buck :) Another coach helped me so I'm trying to reach out and help others. That is why I became a coach.

Nancy Wisseman
    https://www.facebook.com/NancyGetsFit
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Every ounce of me wants to reach through the tv and punch her, so I didn't read the article :) But.... That said....

I lost 25lbs and went from a size 12 to a size 6 - I was at a size 6 forever, then lost 20 more lbs, as a size 6. It wasn't until I changed my cardio, had a hysterectomy (with large stomach bloat cuz of it), and did weight training - that I began losing sizes. I was running, maintaining weight but not physically changing. I'm now a size 0 and it's all from fitness at this point no additional weight loss.
  • thenry429
    thenry429 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options

Where are you shopping lol??
  • KAA1982
    KAA1982 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for PD losing 30 pounds. She says she has gone for a size 18 to a 10. I have also lost 30 pounds, and was at a size 18 as well, but I am still in that size range. I was wearing 1x-2x tops and am now in XL . I was in size 18W pants and can now wear my regular 18 misses or 16W's. Maybe it's my height at 5'2"? I have no clue how tall PD is. Thoughts?

I just Googled and it came up she is 5' 5"
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Great! now maybe she'll come out with some kickin meals I can eat!!
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I don't like her for two reasons:

1. The way she treated her son when he wanted to start cooking healthy southern food. It was rude and done in a very public manner.
    2. How's she's in deep with the Big Pharma

Congrats to her for losing the weight but I'm not a fan. There's so many other celebrity chefs to follow.

From Anthony Bourdain: She's "the most destructive person on the Food Network" and said in an interview: "She revels in unholy connections with evil corporations and she's proud of the fact that her food is f---ing bad for you. If I were on at seven at night and loved by millions of people at every age, I would think twice before telling an already obese nation that it's OK to eat food that is killing us. Plus, her food sucks."

She reminds me of Lotso from Toy Story 3. Soft and cuddly on the outside, but secretly evvvvvil.

I don't know about her ins with eveil corps, but there has been somehting about her that has always seemed off. Especially the way she promotes crap eating and the way she treats her family on her show. I never knew she publically went against her own son, but I do know she is a rude B when they are on.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options

Where are you shopping lol??

What's that supposed to mean? I am the same. I weigh 155 and wear a ladies 6 or a juniors 7. I'm pretty muscular.
  • thenry429
    thenry429 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ann Taylor actually. I have a lot of lean muscle with small hips and unfortunately giant boobs that are probably 5lbs of it. Thinking of a reduction next year.
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    She can say what she likes, I don't believe she got into a size 10 from a size 18 by losing 30 pounds. I've lost a grand total, here and off, of 50, and I went from an 24w to an 18w. And I lost 50 pounds!!! An 18 to a 10? That woman does not look like she's lost that much. She looks great, granted, but she's no size 10. :noway:

I agree! Jennifer Hudson was saying that she wears a size 0, NOT!
  • mojosister
    mojosister Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat. As of yesterday, I've now lost 30lbs as well. While my clothes are noticably smaller, I don't think I'm at the point where I need to change sizes just yet - if I did...it would be maximum one size smaller.

But as my aunt said..."those tags do nothing but depress you - rip 'em out!"

I'm going to spend my time celebrating the healthier me!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

She knew for 3 years.
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    I've only lost 23 pounds, but I've shed 26 inches and gone from a 12 to an 8 (some of my old 6s even fit now). It just depends on where the inches come off.
  • MommaRou56
    MommaRou56 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I agree. I find it very hard to believe that dropping 30 lbs. sent her from an 18 to a 10. However, I guess it's possible depending on the weight distribution. I have lost close to 40 lbs. from what I was last year at this time and am down four sizes. An 18 to a 10 would be 5 sizes technically, but it still seems odd to me that she would be that much. Of course, I believe a lot of people in the entertainment industry lie when it comes to these things. I remember when Kirstie Alley said she weighed 175 lbs. Yeah, right! Not in those photos and at that time. I recently read something that said she lost 100 lbs. on DWTS, so I guess that means she only weighs 75 lbs. now. Why aren't these celebrities honest? The rest of us know they are lying, and they make ordinary people feel that much worse. Way to go to all who are doing this on their own and being HONEST about their true weight loss!
  • Onesnap
    Options
    the weight/size thing is completely variable, yeah

I lost about 10 pounds and went from an Old-Navy size 10/12 to a 6/8. And yet my upper body has stated pretty much the same!

I've lost 12 pounds and still wear a 10 at Old Navy. It's all relative.

There's no standard sizing in the US. You can pick up 3 pairs of pants (same brand, same size) and have each one fit differently. Old Navy with it's cheap production and materials cost is a far cry from standard sizing. The only way to know for sure is by measurement.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I don't like her for two reasons:

1. The way she treated her son when he wanted to start cooking healthy southern food. It was rude and done in a very public manner.
    2. How's she's in deep with the Big Pharma

Congrats to her for losing the weight but I'm not a fan. There's so many other celebrity chefs to follow.

From Anthony Bourdain: She's "the most destructive person on the Food Network" and said in an interview: "She revels in unholy connections with evil corporations and she's proud of the fact that her food is f---ing bad for you. If I were on at seven at night and loved by millions of people at every age, I would think twice before telling an already obese nation that it's OK to eat food that is killing us. Plus, her food sucks."

Agree agree agree. Another thing he said "Thinking of getting into the leg-breaking business, so I can profitably sell crutches later." 100% true.

This article also says 3 years.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/anthony-bourdain-slams-paula-deen/story?id=15386289
  • hoodlette
    hoodlette Posts: 20
    Options
    http://media-cache-ec8.pinterest.com/upload/148055906469401528_0IpCyiE4_f.jpg

This post reminded me this picture I saw on Pinterest..haha

Good for her and anyone else that has lost weight!
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I agree. I find it very hard to believe that dropping 30 lbs. sent her from an 18 to a 10. However, I guess it's possible depending on the weight distribution. I have lost close to 40 lbs. from what I was last year at this time and am down four sizes. An 18 to a 10 would be 5 sizes technically, but it still seems odd to me that she would be that much. Of course, I believe a lot of people in the entertainment industry lie when it comes to these things. I remember when Kirstie Alley said she weighed 175 lbs. Yeah, right! Not in those photos and at that time. I recently read something that said she lost 100 lbs. on DWTS, so I guess that means she only weighs 75 lbs. now. Why aren't these celebrities honest? The rest of us know they are lying, and they make ordinary people feel that much worse. Way to go to all who are doing this on their own and being HONEST about their true weight loss!

Right and each size change is 10 pounds so she would be down 3 clothing sizes, not 5.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options

She knew for 3 years.

I think I was editing as you were quoting. I noticed it said that it was six months after the announcement.