This is embarassing.....

Options

Replies

• healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I sweat like no other female I've seen. It pretty much looked like I've showered by the time I get done working out. Try the black wicking fabric and see if that helps, but honestly don't worry about it. If only your crotch was wet then people might think that, but since you sweat all over it shouldn't be an issue. Not only that, but you've worked your *kitten* off, so I say sweat all over the place :)
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    Hell no, dont pack a change of clothes! You're there to sweat and look bad! The more messed up you look walking out of the gym, the better!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    That can't be the ONLY place you sweat, and it's the gym, everyone should be sweating. They will know it's sweat and not piss.
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster who said to look for shorts/pants in a moisture-wicking type of material. I also like the idea of wearing the tighter style, compression shorts that you liked with something looser over the top. You could also wear a shirt that's a little longer. That being said, I wouldn't really worry about sweating at the gym. That is what you are there for. Wear that sweat like a badge of honor. However, if it makes you uncomfortable & gets in the way of being able to focus on your workout then I would try some of these suggestions.
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Today, while I was refilling my water bottle (right after I got done with the elliptical and was litterally dripping sweat still), I was shocked that some guy bent over to get a drink of water at the very next faucet - which is basically touching the one I was at. I thought that he must be very brave lol!!!! But - it actually was kind of nice because I didn't feel like I was scaring people away. I'm really glad to hear that the huge majority of people wouldn't be offended (or think I peed). This makes me a happy girl!! I'm definetly going to look into some different types of fabric for my pants though - maybe that solve my 'problem!' :happy:
  • AmyB69
    AmyB69 Posts: 117
    Options
    Don't worry about it! Thank god I'm not the only one. I sweat like it's my job! lol But, I know I've worked out hard and that's all that matters. I wear black too, tight as well. If they were loose they'd drive me nuts!
    I know exactly what you mean about lifting first. I recenlty started forcing myself to. I would be so whipped from lifting it was harder to get going on cardio. But, after a lot of advice, I'm lifting first and it's starting to get better. Whatever works for you!
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    doesn't the saying go: if you're not sweating- you're not doing it right, working hard enough... somethin like that?

Girl- OWN IT. EVERY DROP! You worked hard to get that look. STRUT IT OUT. :heart: you. Be the bada$$ you are.
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Who cares what people think.. truly all they can think is "DAM I wish I was beasting it out like she is!" - if you look cute after working out, you didn't work hard enough!

Keep it up and keep doing what you're doing
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Think of the bonus here - you CAN pee your pants and it will just look like you're sweating! :D

OK, seriously - I bring a change of pants if my "lower body" sweat gets to be too much.

Sweating is your body's cooling system - the more you sweat the more efficient your cooling mechanism is! SWEAT ON!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Pantiliners might help also. Or wear a really long t-shirt. Regardless, keep up the good work! :flowerforyou:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think anybody is putting that much thought into it that they would suspect the wetness down there could be anything other than sweat. You can work your program any way that you want, but I have seen it suggested that you do one or the other. Alternate between lifting and cardio each day. It is suggested that you will reserve more energy for your workouts that way. And then you don't have to worry about anyone thinking that you peed in your pants.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    It makes you look like a WINNER!!!!

^^This times a thousand!!

Seriously, I wouldn't even worry about it. Maybe you should wonder why THEY are not sweating as MUCH? :D
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I do cardio every other day, and lift weights every other day. I always warm up on a treadmill to get my heart beat up and then go do weights. If I haven't hit my calorie burned goal, I go back to the treadmill when I am done with weights.

Either way, sweating is a good thing at the gym- never a bad!!!! :happy:
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    How do we know you really aren't peeing yourself and trying to justify things to yourself online? :huh:
  • mrsmerrithew
    mrsmerrithew Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have massive sweat crotch too. It IS embarrassing...so I feel your pain!

Luckily I have found some awesome workout pants that you can't see it in! WOO!

I get mine from Walmart, they are made by Danskin http://www.walmart.com/ip/Danskin-Now-Womens-Ruched-Waistband-Yoga-22-Capri-Pant/19593217

ETA: everyone says wear black.. I could still see my sweaty crotch while wearing black cotton... not in those ^ pants though! They are like a dry-more lycra material.
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    It happens to the best of us, I'm sure it'd be hard to find someone that does a balls to the wall workout and doesn't have a sweaty body after, and even a sweaty crotch. We're all human, and are at the gym for the same reason, wear your sweat proudly, and who cares about what other people think.

On a more personal note, my friend and I workout on lunch and we both have the same sweating problem, she had to point hers out to me though, I would've never even noticed and we workout in very close proximity to one another lifting weights and doing cardio. No one probably notices but you, especially if you wear black.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hit the weights first and then the Cardio. Don't wory about the sweat. I look like a took a shower with my clothes on when I am done with a good cardio
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Nike do dri-fit (I asked a friend as I have the same problem) - they are a bit better - but i still look like I've pee'd myself, but i just have to deal with it. And there black too.

I think you'll find that the majority of people do so don't stress too much about it. x
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Quick dry clothes like under armor shorts. I always wore the compressions shorts under my pants for taekwondo in part because of that. The compression shorts took the moisture and were quick dry so I didn't look like I wet myself. I either wear quick dry shorts or the compression shorts under my workout pants and it works great (even bicycling where I'm sitting down and sweating)
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    No you are at a gym and if you don't think someone should sweat while working out at the gym then you are an idiot and shouldn't be going to the gym. Those people that look at you after you are sweating profusely at the gym and think its gross, they need to get a reality check because that means you are a hard working individual. Keep it up and forget what other people have to say or think!!! I do not think its gross because we are humans and are meant to sweat to cool down!! :flowerforyou: