How do you cut down on snacking ? Thx

Options
I snack eight times a day. I don't know how to cut it down.

Replies

• degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what you are snacking on??? I eat almost all day... (in fact I am eating right now... blueberries... yummy!) Are your snacks interfering with your callorie goals?

You could open you diary so that we can take a look and maybe help you out with alternatives, etc. :)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I don't. :tongue: I am a continual snacker, and I seem to do better with several small meals and snacks. I just try to make sure my snacks are good for me. My current favorites are frozen berries, special K crackers with guacamole (love the 100-cal packs!), and almonds. I'll only eat a half a serving of crackers and guacamole or almonds and then eat the other half later.
    Since it seems as if I'm always eating, I'm never hungry or deprived.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Take a walk, read, drink lots of water with lemon or green tea. :flowerforyou:
  • tango645
    tango645 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Drinking lots of water helps me. Also, I chew gum often between meals/snacks. It keeps your mouth busy and you still get to fulfill any taste cravings.
  • amychantel
    amychantel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    When I cut out sugar and most processed carbs, I stopped wanting to snack.
  • tlp148
    tlp148 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Since cutting out a lot of "bad carbs" and a lot of sugars I hardly crave any snacks. But if I do I reach for fruit, hard boiled egg whites, peanut butter, skim milk or almond milk or a few low cal/low fat pretzel crisps or Kellog 100 cal snacks or granola bars. I have always kept a big awful candy bar in my desk drawer and it has been there for 6 months! I have never wanted it but if I have that Need I know it is there for a bite-Probably ok to throw it away at this point. I'd say that is a true testimate to how much changing your diet can work.

14306103.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    I snack in the morning and afternoon and evening...normally guacamole and whole grain crisp bread, almonds, greek yoghurt, frozen blueberries, fruit, low fat string cheese etc. But I usually ask myself before I'm about to snack - Am I full? If someone offered me an apple, would I eat it? If the answer is no, then I'm not hungry but bored. :) Hope that helps?
  • healthyhappyxo
    Options
    I'm a really bad snacker too! Drinking lots of liquid and eating really filling meals helps me. If I feel full after a meal I won't snack on anything until I feel hungry, but if I leave it so that I'm just contented I end up eating a lot more!
  • Joy150
    Joy150 Posts: 10
    Options
    I snack all the time too, I say as long as they are healthy snacks rock on. If they are not gum helped me at first now I'm on to carrots!!! :)
  • _Thanatos_
    _Thanatos_ Posts: 166
    Options
    By not buying the stuff. If you get in the urge and start looking for stuff to snack on there won't be anything around.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If you can, keep the snack food out of the house. Since most people aren't able to do that for various reasons, try to schedule your snacks for the day. If you want to reach for something, check the clock and tell yourself to wait half an hour (or an hour, or 45 minutes, whatever works for you). Your body might calm down if it knows it's getting the snack soon and it might help you to cut some of the snacks if you can space them out longer.

Of course, everyone is different, so experiment and see what works for you.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I didn't cut down on snacking at all. I just decreased the number of calories in each meal/snack.
  • pennyrtyler
    pennyrtyler Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Don't cut down on snacking. Sit down and make a list of all the things you like to snack on, then add several items that are really good for you. Then, plan your snacks along with the rest of your meals.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I snack lots....but healthy snacks. Peanut butter, almonds, hummus, multi-grain crisp bread, fruit (occasionally).

As long as daily numbers are good, it shouldn't be a problem.
  • shellieems
    shellieems Posts: 12
    Options
    I snack on potatoes chips, apple chips, walnuts, tufu, brownies, beef jerky :S