What's for dinner???

Options
I'm really out of ideas for what to make tonight for dinner.. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Pics would be nice too.. Thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    bump! Im in a rut lately and need some new ideas too!
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Making a burger and fries. All homemade :D

Wanted something different, I usually have a roast dinner on Thursday, but having burger and fries. I'm going to put cottage cheese on the burger as well when it's done. Also on a wholemeal roll.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Small Pork Roast with Rosemary Potatoes and Roasted green beans.
    Side green salad with NO cheese or croutons.
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Fresh lake trout ..no idea what I am going to make yet :) Hubby caught some Lake Superior lake trout and Coho.
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    I don't know about tonight - but last night

Baked cod (coated with crushed cracker/spice crust) covered in a light cream/spinach sauce
    Baked corn on the cob
    Homemade peach cobbler

All for under 500 calories!!!
  • crobl
    Options
    Fresh lake trout ..no idea what I am going to make yet :) Hubby caught some Lake Superior lake trout and Coho.

I'm jealous!! I used to live about 20 minutes from Lake Superior...I definitely miss the fish during the summer!
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    good question! probably something involving boneless/skinless chicken breast.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I'm making Chicken Fried-but-really-baked-in-the-oven Steak with corn! I found an awesome recipe and I'm substituting oat flour for regular flour. Fewer carbs, fewer calories, lots or protein, and lots of fiber! And delicious!
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    All good ideas.. Keep Them comin!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Homemade Sesame Chicken!!! SOOOOOO looking forward to this recipe and hope it's good!!!

http://www.alidaskitchen.com/2012/02/lighter-sesame-chicken.html
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Shredded chicken...a few chicken breasts in the crockpot, 1/2 c. Frank's Hot Sauce, and 1/4 c. water.

I'll take it out later today and shred the chicken, return to crockpot to soak up the juices and serve on whole wheat hamburger rolls (store did not have slider rolls at the time).

We'll also have sweet potato fries or cubed sweet potatoes. I'll microwave a couple of sweet potatoes, cover lightly in olive oil, salt and pepper and then bake.
  • afl0405
    afl0405 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make salmon and roasted broccoli.
  • crobl
    Options
    Shredded chicken...a few chicken breasts in the crockpot, 1/2 c. Frank's Hot Sauce, and 1/4 c. water.

I'll take it out later today and shred the chicken, return to crockpot to soak up the juices and serve on whole wheat hamburger rolls (store did not have slider rolls at the time).

We'll also have sweet potato fries or cubed sweet potatoes. I'll microwave a couple of sweet potatoes, cover lightly in olive oil, salt and pepper and then bake.

hey.. I found that when I used an egg white to coat the sweet potatoes instead of EVOO, they are actually crispier! But I don't microwave them first either...
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    We do a lot of grilled chicken breast and steamed or grilled veggies.

Also, super-lowfat beef, mostly-bean chili.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken, salad and this
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/07/zucchini-casserole-25-pts.html

Skinny Taste is awesome. :happy:
  • joslin2005
    joslin2005 Posts: 138
    Options
    I don't know yet. I'm thinking of BBQ grilled pork chops, macaroni salad, and some kind of veggie

-Grilled chicken, with rice, and broccoli
    -Chicken soft tacos with homemade pico de gallo, a little cheese, and a side of sauteed squash.
    -homemade meatloaf, homemade mashed potato, and green beans --
    -grilled hamburger on whole wheat bun with all the veggies and mustard
    -Fajitas with sauteed onions and bell peppers, and guacamole. I like making my own guacamole but on lazy days, I buy the pre-made
    -Baked Chicken tenders using shake and bake chicken or bread crumbs, with a serving of veggies and wheat rolls
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Tonight will be Shirataki Tofu Spaghetti Noodles with Meatballs and Spaghetti Sauce, salad and garlic toast.

Last night was pinto beans (cooked in crockpot all day), grilled chicken breast and pan fried potatoes in small amount of canola oil.

Night before was pan grilled tilapia over steamed rice (added italian seasoning and dill weed to rice for flavor) with a cream sauce (made from 1 cup milk, 6 laughing cow cheese wedges, 1 tbls grated parm, 1/2 tbls garlic powder) and carrots.
  • Emily_Katherine
    Options
    I have some leftover Halibut already cooked, I'm going to add some asparagus, corn, and a little orzo, toss with lemon dressing, and serve it over greens with pita bread.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Tonight is lazy night. English muffin with a fried egg and cheese.