anyone else been here months and not lost a thing?

Options
i'm looking for some people in a similar situation. i've been on MFP 156 days and i haven't lost anything. haven't gone down a size in clothes. i keep trying, but nothing is happening.

it would be nice to know that i'm not alone :-)

thanks!!!

Replies

• rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I was on MFP for 9 months and didn't lose anything, so I feel your pain. What helped me is increasing calorie intake, eating cleaner, and strength training. When you find what works for you it is all worth it, but I definitely still am bitter about those 9 months...why couldn't I have gotten with the program sooner!
  • DisneyDrmr
    Options
    I have also been here for quite a while, and haven't noticed any major weight loss. You aren't alone in this girl. I keep asking what am I doing wrong? Why haven't I lost anything? Hopefully I find my groove soon=/
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Would be interesting to see your stats, Ladies.
    Weight, height, age etc.
    And your diary.
  • brittany17love
    brittany17love Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Were you intaking more calories than you thought? Not excersing at all? Those are the only reasons I can see you not being able to lose any weight. I have only been on here two days but even with bad excersise programs I always lost weight, JUST NOT THE RIGHT WAY! And maybe you are losing fat and gaining muscle, muscle weighs more than fat.
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Have you been measuring as well as weighing? You could be losing inches even though you aren't losing lbs.
  • paulaviki
    Options
    Were you intaking more calories than you thought? Not excersing at all? Those are the only reasons I can see you not being able to lose any weight. I have only been on here two days but even with bad excersise programs I always lost weight, JUST NOT THE RIGHT WAY! And maybe you are losing fat and gaining muscle, muscle weighs more than fat.

I'm going to jump in before someone else does but muscle doesn't weigh more than fat, it just takes up less room. There is a great pic somewhere which shows 5lbs of fat vs 5lb of muscle, it's amazing!
  • laurenmdaley
    laurenmdaley Posts: 40 Member
    Options
  • paulaviki
    Options

That's the one! :)
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Have you been measuring as well as weighing? You could be losing inches even though you aren't losing lbs.

i've lost inches since january, but not enough to change my clothing size. my pants still fit the exact same way as they always have......

and yes, to the muscles vs. fat thing :-) i've seen that picture many times on here
  • r1ghtpath
    Options
    I was on MFP for 9 months and didn't lose anything, so I feel your pain. What helped me is increasing calorie intake, eating cleaner, and strength training. When you find what works for you it is all worth it, but I definitely still am bitter about those 9 months...why couldn't I have gotten with the program sooner!

THANK YOU!!! i hover between staying here and going, almost daily. i'll give it 5 more months. i'm trying SOOO hard to find my "magic combo." i have read and tried so many different things. it's hard to think of a combo i haven't tried yet......... i will keep pushing forward. thx. :-)
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    If you would open up your diary, there are many people here that could help you find out what the problem is. If you're taking in fewer calories than you burn....you must lose weight.
  • r1ghtpath
    Options
    if i open my diary, i'm fairly certain i know what everyone will tell me. it's the same things i've been trying for the past 4 months and nothing has changed :-)

i'll open it.

but, i'm kinda hoping to just find some people that are in the same boat. being here for months, and trying different things, and having things just stay the same :-)
  • SparklesPlenty
    SparklesPlenty Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have been here 151 days and have lost and gained the same 4 pounds every week, so basically no change. No change in inches either. I did gain 10 lbs by "eating more to lose more" so I had to ratchet it back to eating less to lose lol. But so far I am still stuck in the same 4 lb range. I have about 10lbs left to lose so I carry on determined to do it. Hang in there! We can do this!
  • rose313
    Options
    if i open my diary, i'm fairly certain i know what everyone will tell me. it's the same things i've been trying for the past 4 months and nothing has changed :-)

i'll open it.

but, i'm kinda hoping to just find some people that are in the same boat. being here for months, and trying different things, and having things just stay the same :-)
    Have you tried to eat more? When I was eating 1,000-1,200 calories a day I didn't lose anything either. My body just held onto it.
  • rose313
    Options
    I have been here 151 days and have lost and gained the same 4 pounds every week, so basically no change. No change in inches either. I did gain 10 lbs by "eating more to lose more" so I had to ratchet it back to eating less to lose lol. But so far I am still stuck in the same 4 lb range. I have about 10lbs left to lose so I carry on determined to do it. Hang in there! We can do this!
    The last 10 pounds are hard. But you lost 53 lbs! Congrats on everything you have lost so far! That's awesome!
  • r1ghtpath
    Options

THANK YOU!!!

i want to lose about 50lbs. or at least 3-4 clothing sizes! so, i'm at the beginning of losing weight. though i think if i were gaining and losing the same 4 lbs i might scream a lot!

i tried the "eat more to lose more" too. ugh. it got to the point where i actually threw up. i just could not eat MORE. a friend that is a personal trainer wrote out a diet plan for me ( basically to eat more) and within a week i was so bloated and uncomfortable and sick to my stomach and sluggish i just had to stop. that was about 2-3 weeks ago. she had 6 meals and i could only get in 4.5 of them. so, i'm just back to the way i have been for now. eating when hungry, til i'm full, doing my lifting and jogging........
  • r1ghtpath
    Options

Have you tried to eat more? When I was eating 1,000-1,200 calories a day I didn't lose anything either. My body just held onto it.

yes. this is the suggestion everyone has given me. i have spent the last 3.5 months eating more!! the past couple days are the only days i've truly slipped back into old eating habits. my first goal was 1200 cal, then 1300, then 1400, etc. i got up to 1700-1800 but still no change in weight or inches. tried to go higher and that's when i started getting sick. actually physically sick :-(

about 2-3 weeks ago i just decided to stop force feeding myself :-)
  • dmwells3
    dmwells3 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I see on most days, you are under 1200 cals. Try to get to a minimum of 1200. I would ad in a am and pm snack. Maybe an apple 2 hrs after breakfast, and a 100 cal snack pak (Nabisco?) about 2 hours after lunch. Try this for a month and see what happens. DO NOT panic if at first you gain a pound, it is just your body adjusting.
    Eating something small every 2 or 3 hours will help boost you matabalism. If you stay under 1200 cal on a regular basis, your body thinks it is lacking and starts to hold. Hope this helps.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Did you do any one method for minimum 3 wks?

It sounds like you know which things don't work for sure, mainly the one you are going back to.

Just be aware there is a difference between feeling fully fed, and feeding your body fully for the level of activity you give it.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Have you seen a doctor?

Do you have 50 lbs. to lose?