How do you "know" the right running shoes?

Options
13»

Replies

• Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I wear vibrams. I tried on several of the models, but once I put on a pair of komodos, I practically shoe-gasm'd. It was like there was a God, and he had made this shoe specifically for my feet.

LOL @ shoegasm!! :laugh: :laugh:

I just bought some Komodos yesterday, so I am so glad you posted that. I had Vibram Sprints years ago when they first came out... then killed a pair of KSOs and a pair of Bikilas and just ordered these cos they were so well reviewed on Barefoot Runner.

I hope you fall in love with them as hardcore as I've fallen for mine. I just tried on a new pair of komodos the other day and it was like slipping into bed with an old lover (amazing, btw). I never want to go back to regular toe corsets (shoes) again!

Didn't realize this was a VFF party! I have the KSO and Bikila LS and love them. Polar opposites of the stability/motion-controlled shoes recommended for my wide, flat feet. I do own a pair of Brooks Beast but I only use them as a doorstop.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Try some BROOKS out. A little pricey, over $100-- but sometimes you can get them on sale for cheaper. They have made a HUGE difference for me!

Which ones? Brooks makes about 100 different shoes.

Brand doesn't matter. It has to be the right shoe for the way your run and the shape of your foot. Brooks are a good brand, but so are Mizuno, Saucony, Asiscs, etc., etc.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I do own a pair of Brooks Beast but I only use them as a doorstop.

Same.

Just scored my second pair of komodos today. The guy at the running store was giggling cuz I was making audible love noises as I slipped them on.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Since I have never ran a day in my life, I just took my normal gym shoes and tried to run in those(Nike Shoxx) and god are those things awful for running.. they are so heavy and clunky!

I randomly picked up a pair of NIke Free Running Shoes and have never looked back. They are so light on my feet, and it doesn't even feel like I have anything on!