Vegetarian Friend

Options
13»

Replies

• reynoldsaram
    Options
    i have been a vegetarian from birth..I have never ever tasted meat or fish...happy to have great like minded friends. please feel free to add me, and my diary is always open.

Wow! I wish I would have been brought up like that! I sent you a friend request! :)
  • reynoldsaram
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been a lacto-vegetarian for 20 years (since I was 15), including some shorts stints as vegan, raw, etc.

I've just recently started adding eggs to my diet.

That's great that you've been vegetarian for such a long time! I sent you a friend request. :)
  • reynoldsaram
    Options
    Add me. I've been pescaterian for 25 years. I started on MFP as a calorie counter, but more and more I appreciate the social aspects and how important it is to have accountability and support.

I was logging my food with another app on my phone, before I found this website/app, and one thing that was missing from the other app was the social aspect. Accountability is one of the things that I need the most here. I have a tough time staying away from bad foods. :( But I hope that I will get better at it now that I'm using this. I sent you a friend request!
  • guesswrk
    guesswrk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HEy. Im vegetarian and seriously in need of motivation in regards to weight loss. Add me :)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    i have been a vegetarian from birth..I have never ever tasted meat or fish...happy to have great like minded friends. please feel free to add me, and my diary is always open.

Same, and people think I am weird. I've added you
  • lucyster92
    lucyster92 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i'm a vegetarian but mainly eat vegan foods.
  • reynoldsaram
    Options
    Nice to meet you! :)

I want to be vegan for a number of reasons: I wan to have less of an impact on the environment, I'm aware of the way animals are treated, and it makes me really sad, and also it just seems uncouth drinking another animal's breast milk, and stuff. Also, I know that animals are fed BAD stuff that I don't want in my body (like extra hormones and stuff)! So those are just my basic reasons.

Nice to meet you too!

I feel exactly the same. Even when I eat fish I'm very fussy about what kind (I don't like to eat cod or haddock as they are rapidly running out) and where it's from/how it is caught. When I eat dairy products I try to have only organic or use vegan alternatives. My mum never had cow's milk in the house when we were kid's for the same reason you don' drink it. Although have to say I really enjoy a bit of it in my tea! I'm also a big fan of cheese so would find it very hard to go vegan but really respect people who are. Good luck with it and I will send you a friend request :-)

P.S. I read your profile and I also suffered with eating disorders as a teenager. I found going on a diet and extremely scary thing to do as I very easily get obsessive about it. But my main goal is just to be happy and healthy. How are you finding it?

I try to use vegan dairy products, if the option is available. I live with my parents, and they buy cow's milk, but if I have extra money, I always try to get almond milk so that I don't have to use the cow's milk, and if I order coffee or something, I always ask if they have soy. I never cared much for milk as a kid, but I have a difficult time staying away from other dairy products like ice cream. D:

I've been having a difficult time dieting. When I was younger, I was into anorexia for quite some time. Now I still binge pretty often, but I starve myself much less than I used to. I guess I'm making progress, but I do feel extremely ashamed when I log the terrible food I've eaten. I'm hoping that by making my food diary open for friends to see, I will be less likely to binge or starve myself. :/ Thanks for the support. My main goal, along with losing the weight, is to regulate my eating habits more. It's very important to me to treat my body better than I have been.
  • reynoldsaram
    Options
    Hello all, I'm pretty new to this site - I signed up awhile ago, but only just started utilizing it a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it! It's so helpful and motivational. I have two friends on here right now - my mom and a local friend, but I would love to add more people for support and to be supportive of them in return. It would be really great to add friends with like-diets/lifestyles as my own for that extra support and recipe ideas!

So feel free to add me, I'm on here often and log in from my phone a lot throughout the day. :)

Nice to meet you! I've sent you a friend request. :)
  • reynoldsaram
    Options
    Vegetarian here, too. I have looked at going vegan, but I am concerned about getting enough protein, especially since I've reached my goal weight and I am now entering the next phase of my journey, which is to build some muscle. I did, however, just order The 30 Day Vegan Challenge and a couple of vegan cookbooks, and plan to eat vegan as much as possible. Any of you are welcome to add me as a friend. I am always looking for tips and tricks, as well as support. :-)

Getting enough protein is my main concern as well. Congratulations on reaching your weight goal! That's amazing! I sent you a friend request, and look forward to see how things go for you on the 30 Day Vegan Challenge. :)
  • reynoldsaram
    Options
    I've been here 3 months, and am vegetarian. Feel free to add.
    Nice! Sent you a friend request! :)
  • reynoldsaram
    Options
    I'm gonna be the opposite and say I am not currently vegetarian, but I was for 8yrs and my best friend still is. I still eat TONS of veggies and know some wonderful recipies. I actually learned quite a few vegan recipies when my sister went vegan and when I dated a vegan for a long time. I still do cook a ton of vegetarian recipies and then add my protein so although I'm not primarily veggie, if you'd like someone whose "been there" you're welcome to add me :)

Ps: I see the pescatarian mention, and I was technically an ovo-lacto-pescatarian lol
    Not a huge milk fan, but I relied heavily on dairy, eggs and seafood. Eggs were limited though since the idea of liquid chicken fetus (eggs) grossed me out

Very cool! I sent you a friend request. I can use all of the vegan/vegetarian recipes I can get! I'm not a great cook just yet, but I'm interested in learning. :)
  • reynoldsaram
    Options
    i'm a vegetarian but mainly eat vegan foods.

That's awesome! I sent you a friend request. :D
  • Cherryblosm3
    Cherryblosm3 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone's even checking this anymore, but im a lacto-ovo vegetarian (no meat, but i eat eggs and milk, only free-range and organic though).

Id love more vegetarian friends! Sharing recipes and nutrition ideas would be a big help to me!!