40+

Options
denisebme
denisebme Posts: 103 Member
Hi everyone,
I'm 3 weeks in, so I'm still a relative newbie, and I'm definitely looking to add some friends. Really, I'll add anyone who is a daily user looking for support, but I am hoping to find some folks that are over 40, with 40 or more lbs to lose on their journey.

I'm 47. My starting weight was 180.2, my current weight is 170.8, my goal weight 130-135. I eat and exercise, and its working!

Denise

Replies

• KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm kim, I'll be 42 in September. Feel free to add me,
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Will be 48 next week, have 100 lbs to lose and am on here daily (MFP has become my second home lol). Feel free to add me.
  • jackaimee
    jackaimee Posts: 14
    Options
    feel free to add me im 48 and log in daily ive lost 82lb so far 64 of them since joining mfp but still have quiet a way to go .
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    All above and those to come, I'm 57 and log daily, I'm at goal weight (have lost 97 as of a week ago) Happy to share my diary and exercise plan. Just send me a note with the FR, just a word of caution though, I'm a retired Soldier, a Former Army Master Fitness Trainer, so my motivational advice is sometimes frank and direct, and i do not suffer wining or excuses well.
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 42 with initially 40 pounds to lose. Feel free to add. :flowerforyou:
  • pameej2
    pameej2 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm 45 ... have lost 62.. have 100 or so to go. But you know that all ready!! Just couldn't help myself :)
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 49 with 18.5 pounds down and about 42 to go!

Loretta
  • fitandstrongmommy
    fitandstrongmommy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 42 and have about 20 pounds to loose but am always looking for friends to motivate me. It really helps to find people in my age bracket. Please feel free to add me :smile:
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    I am 56 yrs young, started out at 310. My goal is anything under 210. Current weight is 288. In it until I win it....
  • elifmemis
    elifmemis Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 y.o. currently weighing in at 193, I'd like to lose 50lbs...please add me if you'd like:)
  • sweetpea5445
    sweetpea5445 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Carol. I just joined today. Feel free to ad me as a friend. I need them. I have about 40 lbs to lose.
  • ilovekc
    ilovekc Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • herdmanl
    herdmanl Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I just joined, I am 33, married, and I have 5 kids plus a full time job.. So, I need to stay motivated to get the weight off.. lol
  • WhiskeyCity
    WhiskeyCity Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I'm 40+ with +40 to lose and I'm a daily user. Fell free to add me.
  • lori7041
    lori7041 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am also over 40, with over 40 pounds to lose. I am finding it hard to stay motivated. Add me if you like.
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm over 40 and had over 40 to lose when I started. You are welcome to add me as well. Glad to see you have started your healthier journey.
  • denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I can only add 5 friends every 10 minutes, so I am still trying to catch up! Please feel free to send me a request too!
  • ohbother1971
    ohbother1971 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'll be 41 next month and I have about 70-75 to lose although if I go by those dr charts I have 100+ . My doc told me to think back to a weight i was very happy with and go there so 170 it is. Feel free to add me.
  • mpe1967
    mpe1967 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi Denise, My name is Maureen and I am new also. I just started using MFP yesterday. I am 45 years old and I am a yo yo dieter. I just recently gained 40lbs. of my 70lb weight loss. I am so mad at myself and I understand now how truly hard it is to lose weight. I used to be able to drop weight fast and now that I am in my 40's I see it coming off painfully slow. I never want to be in this position again! I want to lose the weight and KEEP IT OFF FOREVER!!! I am truly motivated this time, but like I said it is slow going. My current weight is 208 and I have been excercising and dieting for an entire week and not a pound dropped. I too could use a friend to help me keep going.
  • annajorgie
    Options
    Hi I.m a newbie too and 46 and looking for friends for help and support. i would LOVE to loose another 15lbs but right now I'm struggling. Please feel free to add me. I journal daily and need help! LOL