40+

Options
2»

Replies

• annajorgie
    Options
    Hello, everyone! My name is Anna and I am a newbie struggling to loose weight. I am 46 and have bad knees so cant do as much as I wish could. Struggling with diet-how much to eat....what are healthy options....trying to cut my sodium and it is hard. I need support as weight doesn't come off easily and if one more person tells me loosing 10 pounds is easy I may scream! Need friends and support
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    41 - 100lbs to lose, but 'only' 66lbs to go. I hope to be of encouragement. Log in often. Good luck.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I friended you, I'm 47 !!!
  • kmariekk
    kmariekk Posts: 2
    Options
    Good to see everyone on here working hard to get healthier! :) I have just started this journey (again) and am ready to keep it off.
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am over 40 and have lost nearly 24 lbs on MFP since I started journaling my food here in April. Have about 30 more to go. Decided it was time to get some friends so feel free to add me (I can't get MFP and my lame tablet to work together on a pic but I assure you I am a real person. ;-))
  • 123456Ang
    123456Ang Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I am a newbi just started yesterday. I am 44 and need to change my life. All four of my sons are 18 or older and I am starting the empty nest in August. So its time for me. I went over today in my protein but not on anything else. Is that real bad to go over in the protein?
  • 123456Ang
    123456Ang Posts: 2
    Options
    Great job on your wt. loss that is awesome.....
  • TracyGF
    TracyGF Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Denise--another over 40yo happy to join you in the journey. I've been doing this for a few months now and the progress has been slow, but I appreciate the accountability. Hoping to lose 30-40 pounds overall--will be happy with 10-15 by year's end.
  • denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm finally caught up on friend requests! Thanks everyone!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and have lost 52 pounds in the last year. I switched from a different calorie tracking program to myfitnesspal and it is easier to track. I am turning 42 in two weeks and wanted to lose 4 - 6 more pounds by then for my birthday, but it looks like that isn't going to happen. I am trying to stay positive and have been working out 2 times a day, but I HAVE to realize that at this age, and this weight, things are going to go more slowly, but I have to keep that from sabotaging my hard work. I can't believe you have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks, that is great!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Protein keeps me from me from feeling hungry. I NEVER worry about going over in protein, especially if I work out - it keeps me from feeling hungry, and from losing muscle. Keep up the good work. I lost 52 pounds this last year counting my calories and working out every day. The more you work out, the quicker you lose, because you burn more, but it also can make you more hungry - that's why more protein is important.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kimberlee, 48. I've lost 94 lbs. so far, but have another 60 to lose. I am on here everyday...several times a day. I've logged in over 190 days in a row so far. Please feel free to add me for motivation and encouragement.
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    hi im 49 and have 60lbssssssss to loose feel free to addddd for motivation
  • Lisaherbalmomma
    Options
    Hi! I'm 46 have 60+ to lose and looking for encouragement and motivation, too! Feel free to add me! Lisa
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hey there.....42 years old....looking for active mfp users...i have at least 22 more lbs to lose....ive lost 8 so far.....they are coming off super slowly....i started mfp close to the beginning of April.....
    Feel free to add me...
    Thanks,
    San :)
  • Jebbster007
    Jebbster007 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    40++ approaching the dreaded Hawaii FIVE-OH. Feel free to add me. Started in May. Here for the long haul