Ladies: PMS weight gain

Options
arw4
arw4 Posts: 51 Member
Hi!

Does anyone gain weight right before their period? I've been losing weight, and within the last two days I have gained almost 1.5 lbs back. It is so frustrating! Does anyone else have this problem or know how to avoid pre-period weight gain?

Replies

• Tahlij
    Tahlij Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do, but by the end of the week it's gone again. It's what our bodies do - don't worry about the scales so much around 'the time' and just eat healty and listen to your body..
  • acc122
    acc122 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes! 2 pounds every month, but it's gone the next week. I just take this into account when I step on the scale (and sometimes avoid the scale completely that week if I think I'll get frustrated by it...)
  • MrsAlcalde
    MrsAlcalde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sure do, every single month I go up a couple of punds, but like the other posters stated, it all goes away within a week.
  • jumatwins
    jumatwins Posts: 74
    Options
    Same here!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    It's just water retention, not fat, so don't worry about it.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I don't even try to weigh myself during PMS, I know I'm gonna be bloated and retain water and it will all go away when it's over.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I gain 5-7 lbs. Of water weight. It's gone plus some last day of my period
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I can fluctuate by almost 6-7 pounds!! I used to freak out, I don't anymore. It's also why I don't log my gains, only losses.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    me too, usually 2 lbs. i gain it 1 week prior to TOM and then a few days later it's off. I also find for some strange reason that the day i get my period is my lightest day of the month? it's the exact same each month. so i try not to log that gain or loss and weigh myself a day or two later..
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Yep.... it was there this morning! SUCKS!
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has said, this also happens to me. I do not check-in that week. :)
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Yep, just one of the wonderful things about being female :laugh:
    Dont sweat it, eat clean, exercise as normal and it will be gone and then some next week
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    4 to 5 pound swing.. :huh:
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    yea we gain...normally about 5 pounds for me.
    it sucks, but it will go away.
    Just stay on track! (:
  • karlichelle18
    karlichelle18 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    2-7, although I've recently transitioned into a whole foods, vegetarian, minimal dairy diet and I've noticed my cravings for junk food around that time have diminished BIG time. Pay extra attention to the glycemic index of the food your eating and craving around that time because it's so easy to set yourself off on a series of spikes and crashes. all. week. long. . . . . that's what used to really get me.
  • bpwparents
    bpwparents Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yup around 2lbs. I've decided I'm not even going to weigh myself this month so I don't get frustrated. By the time it's over I've lost all of it plus a little more.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I gain 5-7 lbs. Of water weight. It's gone plus some last day of my period
    Ok I'm glad I'm not the only one with this high of an amount.
    Folks were scaring me with 2-3 pounds!
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yup 2-2.5 pounds a few days before my period and holds on till about 2 days after then it's gone. So that week I don't even bother weighing because I know I will show a gain. Just water. just keep on truckin
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Yup, gained a pound just today as a result of my damned cycle.
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I do - I used to fluctuate up to 7 or 8lb in the few days before but it would all go again after. :-)