bump. this is awesome!
  • SoopraBint
    Options
    I'm 5'7"
    HW: 83kg
    SW: 71.5kg (joined MFP at 70.5kg)
    CW: 69.4kg
    GW: 60kg

I'm 45 and have been diabetic for around 15 years. Had a hip replacement 7 years ago as a result of a complication of blood poisoning when I was 13.

Around 3 years ago I went to my doctor for a diabetes check. I weighed 83kg and my sugars were out of control. I also had high blood pressure. My doctor was so concerned that she prescribed Xenical and with that and a strict diet I got to 72kg (the target she set) in 6 months. I then developed a frozen shoulder as a result of the diabetes and also had an umbilical hernia repair. I managed to keep my weight around 72kg.

About 3 months ago I stepped on the scales and they looked at me and said 76kg!! Not good. I cut back on what I was eating and started walking in my lunch break at work and in 6 weeks got down to 71.5kg.

Then I had an epiphany. One that had taken 7 years to hit home. I no longer had a useless left hip and there was nothing at all to stop me getting fit. I looked online and found www.lauralondonfitness.com. She's the same age as me and looks amazing. I dusted off my cross trainer and go on it. 15 minutes nearly killed me but I did it. The next week I upped it to 20 minutes a day, then 25 minutes.

I joined MFP about a week ago and started using it to monitor my calories and exercise. I now do a selection of Laura London's exercises for 15 minutes twice a day and I use my cross trainer for 15 minutes twice a day. I also walk for 30 minutes a day (most days weather permitting).

I'm now 69.4kg which is the first time I have been under 11 stone in about 15 years :smile:

I have set my goal as 60kg. I'm not sure if this is realistic or not but I'm going to give it my best shot.

I don't have any pictures to post, sorry
  • Kirsty300
    Options
    How do I tag / remember this thread - its brilliant.
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    great work ladies wonderful inspiration, I started september 26th 77kg now Im 66 kg, I'm unsure on GW about 60 kg (I'll see about adding pics)
  • livlovra
    livlovra Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    here's mine so far. still a work in progress
    progress.jpg

congrats everyone who has posted. looking fab!

SW 190
    CW 163
    GW 145

I want to look like you!

I'm 5'7" and never actually ever achieved my GW.. Lowest I've ever got is 150. Still I have been lifting to about 3 months now and feel stronger but have hit a plateau and not dropped any weight during that time either. No photos at the mo.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    The one on the left was my "breaking point" picture that got me to join MFP and take charge. It is not me at my very heaviest, though there are some close to that in my photos on my profile. The one on the right is me, roughly 45 lbs smaller. It's been a slow loss, but well worth it. I've gone from a size 10/12 to a size 4 (occ. 2,, occ. 6).

Ribbetcollage33-2.jpg
  • Nanaface1
    Options
    2-4-12-165lbs.jpg

P7170013.jpg

Cute! I see what you did there :)
  • Nanaface1
    Options
    Some amazing results on here!

Here's mine so far, still a work in progress. Wanting to lose 15-20 more lbs.

I'm wishing I had taken more before pics or at least progress pics, but I'll have to make do with what I have. :)

Progress-1.jpg

*Edit - Fixed photo size!

This is what I want me to do! I started in August at 238.6 and I'm now at 210.7....my goal is 170, then to regroup and celebrate and find a new goal! Great job! Truly inspirational stories on here!
  • bronnibee
    Options
    well done
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to join this thread!
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I have pics in my profile that I actually just put up today. 215ish and 166. I'm 5'7" and would like to lose another 15 or so.
  • lao482
    lao482 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Great job everyone!
  • Christy175
    Christy175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just starting. I love this thread. You guys are amazing!
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm appreciating this thread so much, and apologize to those of you I sent excited friend requests to without even looking at the date (JUNE!) lol

I'm 5'6 1/2" and 174. I will be thrilled to post photos when I get to each goal. :)

First goal: 165.
    Second goal: 150.
    Final goal: 135-140.
  • PHr34k0wt
    PHr34k0wt Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazing! I can't wait till I feel ready to be a part of the success stories.
    So far;
    SW-180
    CW-149
    GW-120
    Height; 5'6"
  • kristengeorgia
    Options
    bumpp
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    5'6''
    Start Weight - 263
    11/14 - 232
    12/14 - 223.5
    Goal Weight - 150
  • xkdrowex
    xkdrowex Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am just barely 5'6.... currently maintaining at about 125 - 127

18403599_3204.jpg

18403599_429.jpg
  • a_vettestingray
    a_vettestingray Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Day1toDec.png

Only a two pound difference in the photos, but I am working on body composition (not weight loss) through heavy lifting.

I am 5'6.5".
    HW: 140
    CW: 124
    GW: None. I am happy with my body now and any more improvement through training and healthy eating is just icing on the cake.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!