What's Your Odd Little Quirk?

Options

Replies

• ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand to leave a door open. Cabinet doors, closet doors. Drawers that aren't closed all the way.

Makes me fidgety. I have no idea how I got to be so nuts with it. But I've been trying to break the habit. I leave stuff open and walk out of the room and try and see how long I can stand it before I have to go close it.

Nothing like trying to mind-shrink yourself.

This can't stand cabinet doors open. Weird I can leave my closet door open though...
  • afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I hate feet...I actually have a fear of them! Touch me with your feet and I lose it!! Like you said...I'm weird, I know... :huh:

This^^ I don't like my own feet, much less anyone else's. Also, I don't like to walk barefoot...anywhere. My hubby thinks it's funny to a) touch me with his dirty feet and b) hide the slides I wear in the house. Oh, and I don't like to stand in the shower after turning off the water...feels weird on my feet. :huh:
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I always buy and hardboil eggs by the dozen. I still end up counting them as i drop them into the water.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    ♥ If I take a flower or leaf from a tree or plant, or harvest anything for that matter, I have to thank said plant, tree, earth......If I have to trim a plant or tree, I have to tell it I am sorry for having to cut it.....

♥ When I am at a stop light, I always stare up at the sky from my sunroof (I always have it open, unless its pouring)

♥ When a Hurricane or major storm is blowing in, I must go stand outside and feel the energy of it

♥ When I am mowing my grass, I watch out for honey bees, and if I see one on a dandelion, I stop and wait until it moves on...(This might be because I am a beekeeper♥)

These are actually really hard to think of, I have so many, but they just seem normal to me, cause they are me♥
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand to leave a door open. Cabinet doors, closet doors. Drawers that aren't closed all the way.

Makes me fidgety. I have no idea how I got to be so nuts with it. But I've been trying to break the habit. I leave stuff open and walk out of the room and try and see how long I can stand it before I have to go close it.

Nothing like trying to mind-shrink yourself.

This too... my boyfriend and his brother ALWAYS leave cabinets and drawers open and I catch myself mumbling obscenities as I close them. Lol.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    ♥ If I take a flower or leaf from a tree or plant, or harvest anything for that matter, I have to thank said plant, tree, earth......If I have to trim a plant or tree, I have to tell it I am sorry for having to cut it.....

♥ When I am at a stop light, I always stare up at the sky from my sunroof (I always have it open, unless its pouring)

♥ When a Hurricane or major storm is blowing in, I must go stand outside and feel the energy of it

♥ When I am mowing my grass, I watch out for honey bees, and if I see one on a dandelion, I stop and wait until it moves on...(This might be because I am a beekeeper♥)

These are actually really hard to think of, I have so many, but they just seem normal to me, cause they are me♥

I love you darling. You're magickal :)
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    Here's another one of mine, if I kill a bug I say I'm sorry. Poor little buggy, if it weren't for the scaredy cats I live with I would just let it live.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Ep!!!! *Tackles LuckyLeprechaun and apologies for momentarily hijacking this thread*

Carry on!
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    Ep!!!! *Tackles LuckyLeprechaun and apologies for momentarily hijacking this thread*

Carry on!

You're forgiven.
  • diletta24
    diletta24 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    * I eat oranges not peeling it with my fingers, but using a knife so I can spare almost all the white of the fruit and eat it. I actually eat the same orange in slices I cut perpendicular to orange wedges, EVENTUALLY LOOKING LIKE ORANGE DOUGHNUT...

* when I am particularly tired I sleep ON the blankets

*When I set to run X minutes, I use a timer but I don't look at it while exercising. It would make me nervous and every minute endless.

*Airports are the places where I feel peaceful, completely part of the universe, fulfilled and attachments.- free (normal people would prefer forests or desert islands or trips to India, not me!)
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options

*Airports are the places where I feel peaceful, completely part of the universe, fulfilled and attachments.- free (normal people would prefer forests or desert islands or trips to India, not me!)

I think we need to go to the airport together.
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    I can't sleep without being covered by something. I'm not talking pajamas (cause frankly, I don't wear them 99.9% of the time) but a sheet or blanket HAS to cover me or I can't sleep. Doesn't matter how hot it is, I need to be covered. I'll stick a leg out from under it if I'm warm, but my back needs to be covered, and I'll pull the covers back on myself (sometimes incoherently and still unconscious) if I feel them come off.

This is another one of mine that I forgot about.

Man, I have a lot.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Eating in a circle around a sandwich or burger. And not biting it, but ripping little pieces off the edges until it is gone.

When I was little I was convinced that the middle of a sandwich or burger is absolutely the best part and I should savor that last piece. Now it's just become a habit!

This is true, it absolutely IS the best bite!:bigsmile:

Yes it is! I do this too. :)
    Let's see.

I straighten/groom people a lot. I'll just be talking and notice a hair, tag, wrinkle and I just have to fix it. It doesnt really matter who it is or our comfort level with each other. Lol

I can't stand mustard. Makes me wretch. If I'm doing dishes and touch any i wig out and jump around. I will however eat Deviled eggs even though I know mustard is in it. I just don't want to see them made or talk about it before hand.

I break out into dance. Often.
  • diletta24
    diletta24 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

ehm, I am the one that always leave high pantry doors or drawers opened :D My homemate once told me "OK, WHAT ABOUT A POST IT *MIND YOUR HEAD*!? since you cannot close them!!"
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

These are not quirks...this is LIVING and enjoying the simple things in life. I heart you so much!
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    Where's the "like" button? :)
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I also have to have a cover of some sort when sleeping!
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I also rip my food off in chunks and save the middle for last. I always eat my veggies first witb a meal. My purse always goes in the backseat of my car behind me. I wash my dishes by type (plates...silverware...bowls....etc)....that's all i got for now.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I say things out of the blue that have nothing to do with the conversation...or so it seems to others. As I'm listening to people, part of my attention will start to wander and I'll end up 9 degrees sideways from the actual topic, but it all connects somehow. :blushing:

I MUST read before I go to sleep--even if I'm exhausted and could probably crash before my head hits the pillow. I'll read one page or so and then fall asleep with the book in my hand.