What's Your Odd Little Quirk?

Options

Replies

• benich3043
    benich3043 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I fold those too. And straw papers get folded in half and then half and half.
    ...and then stretched out like an accordian and folded the opposite way.... at least I do.
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I hate feet...I actually have a fear of them! Touch me with your feet and I lose it!! Like you said...I'm weird, I know... :huh:

OMGod! Me too! It give me the willies just to think about feet near me!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I eat very, very slowly and push my mealtimes as late as I can because I hate the moment when the "food is gone". lol
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    -I can't have my blankets on my bed tucked in. It drives me nuts.
    -I also need my pillow flattened. I never buy new pillows of rmy bed. I wait til someone else buys new pillows and steal their old ones.
    -I hate having anything on my feet. The second I walk in the door my shoes and socks come off.
    -If I have eggs over easy I won't eat them if the yolks break before I dip my toast in it

I have a million more I can't think of them though
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    Oh, I eat ice cream like a freakin' snail. I did it when I was younger because it was how I got to stay up later and the habit stayed with me all these years.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I hate birds. They freak me out. :frown:
    I hate touching most, but not all, painted surfaces and some metal surfaces. When i have to get my daughter's paintings from day care, I pick them up by the edge, not the painted part.
    I hate eating meat that has bones in it.:sick:
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    I can't stand it when people fold a crease in paper (equivalent to nails on a chalkboard). It makes me a little gaggy and if they do it I feel like my skin is dry and I have to put lotion on my hands to settle my stomach. - This is a frequent occurence since I work in a law office.
  • cmeade20
    Options
    Oh. I have to color coordinate things like M&Ms or Skittles before I eat them.

I hate the feel of leather. I cant sit on a leather couch or car seat with shorts or a skirt on cuz the feel of it against my legs is bothersome.

I hate it when people close the shower curain, drives me crazy,

It also drives me crazy when people don't put the cap back on the toothpaste
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I eat the outer portion of a candy bar first - like the chocolate off the Three Muskateers - then the middle stuff - or the chocolate from a peanutbutter cup, then the peanut butter.
  • cmeade20
    Options
    I eat the outer portion of a candy bar first - like the chocolate off the Three Muskateers - then the middle stuff - or the chocolate from a peanutbutter cup, then the peanut butter.

My niece does this. Drives me crazy because she gets covered in it and I have to scrub her afterwards.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I just do as another poster does- eat one item until it's gone, and then move on to the next food until the dinner is gone. I actually never noticed I did it, until my ex pointed it out- Nothing makes you more self-conscious than someone pointing it out!!

I also have a hard time with the feel of certain fabrics/linens. I have actually delayed buying a cover for my Nook, because half of the covers have this weird feel - I don't like it, and sorta freak out from it. Most people don't know THIS about me.

The two things most of my friends and family know about me: I do not squish bugs - especially if they will make a crunching sound. It will NOT happen. stems from an event in childhood. the other one is I can't STAND to have my nails filed, or for someone else to file their nails in front of me- if I can hear it, it TOTALLY freaks me out, and I have to plug my ears, and fist up my hands, and it's just not good..not good at all. no mani/pedis for me!
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    It drives me bonkers if the volume of tv/stereo/car radio/...etc is on an odd number. It has to be EVEN dammit!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I'll come back to this later..
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have way too many "quirks" cuz I have ocd.

i ilke things to be even numbers and If I touch something with one hand I have to touch it with the other.... freak, i know! :laugh:
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options

i ilke things to be even numbers and If I touch something with one hand I have to touch it with the other.... freak, i know! :laugh:
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options
    It drives me bonkers if the volume of tv/stereo/car radio/...etc is on an odd number. It has to be EVEN dammit!

No, it has to be odd!
  • TadaGanIarracht
    Options

You're not a freak, just unique.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    When eating candies, it has to be in even number (2 at a time)
    If one of my hands get wet, the other one has to be too
    I'm a zit picker, bf hates it
    I eat my plates by starting with the least interesting food to finish with the best
    Heavy sounds except for concerts drives me nuts, like when at bf's mom's, she watches tv with the sound so loud, I have to breathe in not to kill anything.
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    You know these?

Awning.jpg

I can walk under them, and I can walk around them, but I cannot walk halfway under it with the edge of it directly over my head *Shudder*
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I always have atleast one shoe untied if they have laces.