My FITNESS pal.

Options
13»

Replies

• couldbeme
    couldbeme Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    o god yes starving yourself is not a good idea at all i dont tink the drink type diets work either cost u a fortune the weight u lose u will soon put back on when u start eating food again ive seen it happen loads of times ppl at work , on girl lost 6 stone on the drink type diet with bars and soups she has put it all back on again , its a vicious circle for most of us ...:bigsmile:
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My dog's breath smells like dog food. :laugh:

That's why you shouldn't have a dog! DON'T HAVE A DOG.

Dog.
  • TLL09
    TLL09 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It's also not My Critical Pal, My Bi**h Session Pal, My Rant Pal, My boyfriend isn't helping me Pal, My exercise calories Pal, or My I want advice but not if it disagrees with my preconcieved notions Pal. But people do what they want.

LOL love this^^^
  • pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Should I also make a point to say that I never told anyone how they should use this site or what they should be doing.

I just gave my opinion on how I THINK it should be used, I don't see how i'm at fault for stating an opinion.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Some people just need to focus on one thing at a time, and their biggest priority might be losing weight first, especially if they are obese. Just dropping excess weight can and often does put many people in a better state of health.

But think about it this way. It's extremely easy to lose weight and not be healthy.
    It's near impossible to keep yourself healthy and be overweight/obese.

Then it just comes down to personal choices. If it's important to them, people will focus on improving overall health - if it's not, they won't. Should they? Probably. But I think whatever makes them happiest is what they should do. And honestly, I see a lot of people on here and in my own life who lose weight and then decide they want their focus to move onto overall health. One good thing can lead to another, in most cases. It's all about mindsets and personal choices.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Some people just need to focus on one thing at a time, and their biggest priority might be losing weight first, especially if they are obese. Just dropping excess weight can and often does put many people in a better state of health.

But think about it this way. It's extremely easy to lose weight and not be healthy.
    I know plenty of fat people who use this as an excuse to stay fat.
    Track progress some way.
    You would not become wealthy just being good with money.
    It takes a solid plan, sound action, assessing gains and adapting to changes.
    Same with achieving optimal health.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Should I also make a point to say that I never told anyone how they should use this site or what they should be doing.

I just gave my opinion on how I THINK it should be used, I don't see how i'm at fault for stating an opinion.

stressed yet? ;)
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options

Track progress some way.

I agree completely. It's very difficult to keep weight off if losing it was your only plan to begin with. Good health and losing weight really should go hand in hand, in my opinion.
  • honeyrose25
    Options
    I love this site because it gives you choices. you can either lose, gain or maintain weight. it offers you the healthy way to do it. it tells you what you should be eating calories wise. it tells you the nutriance value of things which you would otherwise ignore. you can keep track of what you are burning when you exercise. the people encourage each other so even if you put on a pound instead of losing a pound, you dont feel as bad as you would doing it alone. it also makes you think about what you are eating coz you have to put it in the food diary.
    You're talking about people only eating 600 cals to lose weight, do you not think they would do that anyway? I have yo yo dieted, I have done drastic measures to lose weight when i was a teenager. and this site works for me.
    People pay a lot of money to sit in a room weekly with loads of people feeling uncomfortable or in an online club to do this. Everyone is different. They need to find what works for them. With todays money worries, why not let like minded people enjoy meeting up and helping each other for free?
    I know of at least one engagement and thousands of friendships that for on here.
  • macsgirl526
    Options
    Then why is it that when you sign up you have to put in what you weigh and how much you want to lose a week? I want to/need to lose weight so I can stay healthy. I am over weight BUT ALL my test are fine. Sugar,cholestrol,blood pressure,and the like. I know as I get older this can change so I am changing. I love it and will keep using it as any way I see fit.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

You put this out there, you should have prepared for the sh**storm of opinions. You'll learn.:laugh:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    So it's MyTellEveryOneElseHowTheyShouldBeDoingThingsPal.
    BINGO! That's the nature of the message boards. If anyone hasn't noticed that yet, just post a thread saying you don't believe you should eat your exercise calories and you'll prove your statement in about 3 minutes :laugh:

Better yet, say your significant other doesn't support you and you'll be advised to dump him/her within about 2 pages...

The boards are entertaining nonetheless....just needs to all be taken with a grain of salt!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options

Track progress some way.

I agree completely. It's very difficult to keep weight off if losing it was your only plan to begin with. Good health and losing weight really should go hand in hand, in my opinion.
    If mere weight loss is all a person is focused on, it's calories in, calories out.
    Optimal health is a whole new program.
    I track weight, body fat, blood pressure, resting heart rate and quarterly blood work results from my doctor.
    Further, I get a physical every year.
    Health is a choice.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    While I am choosing to do this WITH EXERCISE I for sure AM getting 'more fit' every day... but yeah for me it's about the WEIGHT LOSS and MFP has giving me the tools and support to make this happen... Without this site I (like too many others!) would have quit LONG ago. But I value and appreciate that you offered your opinion. :flowerforyou:
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I was not so overweight that I had diabetes, or something like that.

So my focus is losing weight. With that, came lifestyle changes, but not everyone wants to go to the gym, or 'be active', and that's fine. I feel healthier, and probably am.