Today was heartbreaking.

Options
Today is my 44th day on mfp and I feel utterly depressed. I weighed myself today And I'm not reaching my goal of 2lbs + a week. I measured my waist and I haven't Iost any inches, it just feels utterly demotivating. I've had to endure watching people eating at Chinese buffets whilst I drank my vodka and diet coke, I've resisted the siren call of the yellow bagged m&m's. I've logged everything. Worked out like a crazy person and it's just demoralising. I have lost 11lbs but I feel even worse body wise then I did before!!!

Replies

• lnburcham
    lnburcham Posts: 11
    Options
    i would try eating more. im eating around 1600 calories a day and losing around 2 lbs a week.
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up. I finally decided that 2 pounds a week was pretty unrealistic for me. I am steadily loosing a half to a pound a week. Just something to think about, be sure to watch not only your calories but the nutritional values of those calories.

Good luck to you!
  • Madelinew22
    Madelinew22 Posts: 289
    Options
    Ur not eating enought. I'm 119 and eat 1300 usually the higher ur weight the more cals u need.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    So...you've lost 11 lbs in 44 days and you're not happy? Why on earth not? That's a pound every four days...pretty darn fast. Jeeeeez.
  • MissCassieHughes
    MissCassieHughes Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up. I finally decided that 2 pounds a week was pretty unrealistic for me. I am steadily loosing a half to a pound a week. Just something to think about, be sure to watch not only your calories but the nutritional values of those calories.

Good luck to you!

The only thing I struggle with is sugar. I don't understand how it's possible to eat fruit and not go over. I think the goal of at least 2lbs makes it disheartening when you fall short but I'm probably just moaning at the moment and should be patient!
    Thank you and good luck to you too
  • KELSLEY123
    KELSLEY123 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on losing 11 pounds! (When I get disappointed about how much I have lost, I go to the supermarket and look at that amount of weight in meat! Go look at 11 pounds of ground beef! Even better - 11 pounds of butter!!!!! You lost that!!!! AWESOME!!!!)

Also, when I do the math, 44 days = 6.2 weeks. So you lost 1.77 per week! That is GREAT! And actually "they" say, when you lose slowly, you are more likely to keep it off. Even so, you are not THAT far off your target! Celebrate your success!

So keep up the good work! See if you need to make any modifications to targets (carbs, fat, protein) and activities.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!! :bigsmile:
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    A 2 lb + loss per week is quite a high goal. You've already lost 11 lb in 44 days, that's huge success! Don't be too down, if you're feeling run down though, it might pay to up your calories a bit.
  • MissCassieHughes
    Options
    Was that Mfp recommended or did you realise it was more effective you eating 1600?

I am happy I lost 11lbs please don't get me wrong, it's still below my goal though and the fact I haven't lost any inches, I just dont know when you should expect like visible results.
  • MissCassieHughes
    Options
    Haha I lol-ed @ 'go look at 11 pounds of ground beef'
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    you could try a low carb lifestyle if counting cals isn't for you.
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    For some reason your post came to my mind while I was in the grocery store the other day. I was thinking of 11 lbs and when I passed the butter in the dairy aisle. I picked up a pound of butter and then thought, "Aren't we all trying to lose fat? Imagine how much 11 lbs of fat would be." So when there weren't too many people around, I put 11 lbs of butter in my basket. That's a lot! So if you feel discouraged, try that next time you are in the store. You will be proud of yourself. Good luck and keep on going...
  • Sasha0701
    Sasha0701 Posts: 14
    Options
    You're not eating enough. I follow Tosca Reno's eat clean diet and I eat 1600 calories a day on average and drop at least 2 lbs a week. Also Diet Coke may be ruining your diet. I would watch that!
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily, which is not something I would advise, but I cannot help myself. I go through phases where a few days I don't lose anything, or I even weight more, and then bum! the numbers start coming down again.

Your body needs time to adjust to what you are doing, sometimes it may lag 1 or 2 weeks before you start noticing the results.

It could also be your TOM, that has caused me to stall in the past week, really annoying, but today finally the scale is my friend again.

Be patient, push through it, thing about the long term goal, and don't let the scale dictate your mood!!!!
  • DestroyTheOpposition
    DestroyTheOpposition Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    From the looks of your diary... it seems your not eating much. Need to fuel, and refuel from exercise.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet coke might not be helping your cause. Diet drinks can make some people hungry or crave sugar from what I read, and vodka isn't calorie free (sad to say, because I like the stuff once in awhile, too!). Also, I don't see many people on this site sustaining 2lb a week losses. A few, but it seems to me most are going along with 1-1.5 lost a week. It's slower than you want it to be, but it's still better than not losing at all.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    How about going down to one pound per week and eatting more calories?

though, you're doing great! Keep going!

I know the feeling. I was stuck at 215 for a long time.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! I lost 11 pounds in 44 days too!!! I thought it was great!! I am just quite happy to see some results and realize that I am on my way to a happy and healthier me! I know my ticker says 7 pounds but I put the wrong weight in at the beginning. It is annoying because I can't fix it, but it just makes me work harder.
    Good luck!! As I put in my Facebook status, "Slow and steady wins the race".
    Keep at it and you will succeed, stop and you will never know if you could succeed.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Proud of you for keeping your diary public. Agree with other that you need to eat more, eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks. More fruits and veggies not the processed stuff.
    You did not gain it overnight and will not lose it overnight.Eating healthy is a life choice so eat like you will for the rest of your life.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I have a hard time losing weight, my fat is very resistant to coming off...I found that I need to workout every single day to see a weight loss of 2 pounds a week. Some days all I do is walk but I have to do something. I agree about the diet coke...aren't sodas high in sodium?
  • lisitabonita
    lisitabonita Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have been on here a year and only lost 36lbs. However, it is 36lbs gone, not gained. I have been losing weight more swiftly since I really cut back on grains and sugar (other than fruit). I also lost weight when I gave up diet soda and replaced my occasional soda with a regular one. Seems counterproductive but I have read that the aspartame does odd things to your body. I think if you focus on fresh foods, you will see a huge difference! I also feel your pain on the peanut M&Ms :( I miss them!