Do you go to bed hungry?

Options
MooMooooo
MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
I do (on a good day) but this is because I am used to eating at night. After dinner.

After nearly a year of dieting I am guessing this is always going to be the case... I still get hungry after dinner...

Replies

• btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i usually have some kind of snack an hour or so before bed.... i always get the munchies at night unless i had a huge dinner :) doesnt seem to be affecting my weight loss!
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    A snack snowballs for me. I always overdo it.

I'm an all or nothing kind of person. :(
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I usually go to bed full.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Nope....i eat when i am hungry.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    Sometimes yes. Last night i did. Had my dinner salad around 8 by 930 i was feeling slightly hungry but i had water and went to bed around 10.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Nope never, If you are going to bed hungry all the time you need to look at some of your food choices
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    No I do not go to bed hungry. I also do not eat after dinner. I just make sure to have a nice, filling dinner. Dinner is my biggest meal of the day.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    NEVER.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • joleen126
    joleen126 Posts: 7
    Options
    I am always going to bed hungry, even with a good (big) dinner. if i snack after 7pm my scale goes up, if i go with out snacking at night my scale goes down. Im so tired of it! im always hungry even with a healthy "balanced" diet and exercise.
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Never if I'm craving it I have to have it.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I usually save a couple hundred calories for after dinner, so I can have a snack. The crummy thing is that snack usually gets eaten too soon, I stay up to late, and want another snack. I usually don't eat right before bed and stay under my calories. Last night I was actually hungry and had a bowl of frosted mini wheats with skim milk. I went over, but not by a ton, and didn't feel guilty because my body was saying it needed food.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

omw
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Options

omw

On My Walrus ?
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    That is my weakest time of day.
    I used to put everybody to bed, then creep down and eat supper all over again. I love that feeling of having eaten so much you just hurt. That's the best :drinker:

Well, no wonder I was so fat.
    I've had to change everything, but I still need to eat before bed, or I'll wake up and binge like a government mule.
    My diary is open, so you can see for yourself, but I eat a snack before bed every night.
    I am not saying this is optimal, but it's my very best. Lost 76 lbs so far, so fear not.
    Just do your very best.
    All you can do is all you can do.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    No. I eat if I'm hungry, regardless of when it is. I just try and make sure it's something healthier like fruit, with protein or lower in cals. If I go to bed hungry, I'm STARVING before morning and I know my body doesn't like to be starving or my metabolism nose-dives. I know everyone is different but being hungry doesn't work for me!
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    yes all the time. i dont eat after dinner which is around 6pm. like you im an all or nothing person too. drinking water helps or sometimes i make some green tea.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    depends on the kind of hunger. sometimes I am hungry because I get little sleep and have been up 15+hours, smh. so I start eating at like 6 in the morning, but I'm up till almost midnight and have eaten all my calories for the day.

under normal circumstances, if I eat around 7ish or 8, i'm fine if i go to sleep at like 10.

my opinion, it's okay to go to bed hungry, but it's also okay to eat right before bed as well. your body is still working while your sleep (we breathe don't we) haha, so you're food will not magically turn to fat
  • MalSponseller
    MalSponseller Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Almost always. I'm usually in bed by midnight, dinner around 5:30, I usually have some calories left over after dinner for a snack, which I try to have about 8 pm. But yes, always hungry when I go to bed.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Nope. If I go to bed hungry, I get up nauseous in the morning. Not worth it, so I make sure I am full when I lay down at night.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Nope. I eat a bowl of cereal before bed if I feel hungry.