Do you go to bed hungry?

Options

Replies

• MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Nope never, If you are going to bed hungry all the time you need to look at some of your food choices

I think I will. Thanks.

Might start eating broccoli again and veges in general. Hope it helps. :)
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I usually go to bed hungry, that's just part of my plan. I read somewhere, can't remember where though, that's it's good to go bed hungry. Maybe it makes you want to eat breakfast more, I don't know, but for me it works out that way.:smile:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Never.
    I fast throughout the next day so i'm always going to be satiated.
    Keep in mind that food frequency has very little effect on weight loss.
    You can eat in bed and still lose weight as long as you are in a deficit.
    I ate 1/4 cheeseburger and a bowl of ice cream last night.
    I weighed before bed at 140lbs.
    This morning I did my usual wake up pee and weighed in at 135lbs.

Moral of the story:
    If you dont like going to bed hungry then save some cals and eat up!
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm almost always hungry at bedtime. Like a previous poster said, nighttime snacking snowballs for me so I just don't allow it 99% of the time. I go to bed earlier now so I'm farther from the kitchen!
  • jaweiss1
    jaweiss1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Try eating a few tablespoons of cottage cheese right before bed.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Almost always :) I prefer it that way. I fast for 14 hours each day and I just function better if I place my eating window earlier rather than later.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    No. I can't sleep well if I'm hungry. That's the one time of day when I absolutely CANNOT be hungry.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hungry for what is the question? :( If the answer is man flesh then yes everynight...
  • milkyskinn
    milkyskinn Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep when I'm hungry, so I actually always have something between 10-11pm... usually have dinner at 5.30, so I always get hungry, and I actually save calories so that I can't go over my daily intake :)
    Also another reason is I usually workout at night too, so I really do need it!

Heavy dinners won't work well for me 2hrs before working out, and neither does going without food for 16 hours or so because I'd be eating way too little that way every day.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    No, if I go to bed hungry I find I cannot sleep, or wake up in the night.
    I eat a lot of my calories at dinner and beyond, since I tend not to go to bed until 2am or later.
    I have organix rice cakes, a large pear and a bowl of 0% Fage Yoghurt with some protein powder, seeds and flax mixed in between dinner and bed, and this also pretty much counts as my breakfast since I am rarely up before 10/11am. It is part of my routine now. Some evenings I am hungrier than others, usually if I have done a hefty dose of cycling.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Hunger = illegal IMO! Do something about it!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    no... i see no reason to, unless I'm just too lazy to go downstairs to the kitchen to get something to eat (which is the case sometimes)
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I usually just save 100 or so calories and have a protein shake before bed. They are all "sweet" tasting and if you make with ice in blender kind of like a milk shake. And I get the almost no carbs/sugars so all protein to keep me full and then I don't wake up so hungry in the AM.
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    Nope. If I go to bed hungry, I get up nauseous in the morning. Not worth it, so I make sure I am full when I lay down at night.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    O so this was me all the time, I would eat a full dinner, meat and veg and still be hungry. But Ive started doing dans fasting and now once I close my diary at bewtween 6pm and 7pm i am not hungry at all, this is very weird for me but good as i dont want to eat anything more, I would say dont eat carbs late in the day, they just make you hungry.
  • roguestates
    roguestates Posts: 223
    Options
    Nope never, If you are going to bed hungry all the time you need to look at some of your food choices

I agree. Possibly you're not eating enough for your energy exp. levels.
  • terryrh
    terryrh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Im pretty lucky that i dont anymore, since i started my most recent healthy eating kick i havent wanted anything after my evening mean around 6-7pm.

I used to all the time, in fact that used to be one of my worst habits, getting out of bed and making a sandwich or eating a chocolate bar

I'd suggest a few pints of water an hour before bed but you'll likely need to get up for a pee if you do that, its a happy tradeoff for me but not for everybody
  • MissPiggy0718
    Options
    So never go to bed hungry ! What type of snacks WOUKD u recommend ? I always stress my cals & I'm trying to concentrate more on my macros instead if cals restricted of course I'm not gonna over do it
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I rarely let myself get hungry and I never stay that way.

As far as snacks it depends on your macros and what you have left over at the end of the day.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Nope. I plan to have snacks thru the day and pre plan a bedtime snack so I have it figured into the calorie/carb etc totals for the day...that way I'm not at of calories etc by bedtime.