Visalus vi by body question....

Options

Replies

• majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am looking for something quick, easy and tasty to drink when I am not hungry and need to consume more calories. I have hear of the VI shakes and of the Whey, and tried neither. A bit confused on all them.

Margaret
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I have been using the product for two weeks and I am pleased. I have always been a smoothie/shake junkie and with three kids, two of which have medication checks every two or three months and a 5 year old. There are hundreds of ways to make these things and for me are convenient. I do do portion control for my regular meal of the day and do a snack twice a day. The first week with the combination of increased cardio I lost 4 pounds. The second week I lost inches of my neck, waist, and hips. It comes down to personal preference. I do not participate in the sales other than people asking me what I am doing.
  • KetoBella
    KetoBella Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I find it a really delicious and healthy on these hot summer days. I add two scoops of the powder to a half banana, 1/2 cup pineapple, 1 cup of ice 1/2 cup of almond milk and a tablespoon of coconut creme and blend it in my blender... it tastes just like a Pina Colada. I have that for breakfast keeps me full for 4 hours no problem. I just add it to my arsenal of different things to eat to keep from getting bored with the same menus all the time.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that's been on visalus for about 3 months and she has lost 30lbs..I tasted some of it today.. And can I say..it tasted like cake batter.lol.yummmm....has anyone else tried this and does it work? I've done a lot of research about it..it gives you all the vitamins you need and keeps you full for 4 hours.. Plus they say that its recipe contains carbs and calories that burn quick along with being safe for kids. I'm seriously thinking about starting but I'd like to hear other people's opinions...Oviously the way my husband and I buy groceries it'll save money too.
    Thanks a bunch!
    Cathy<3

What type of cake batter? I'm not big on yellow cake batter. If it were red velvet I would buy this s**t by the case. nam sayin'
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You take in less than 400 calories for breakfast, you're slowing down your metabolism.

Not true. Those of us who do Intermittent Fasting don't even eat breakfast but still lose. Studies have show that metabolic rate is only impacted after 60 hours and for some people it takes up to 72 hours of fasting. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3661473
  • submarinewife07
    Options
    I would assume add some coco powder and lots of red food dye and you have yourself red velvet.lol
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    If you mix it with milk, for example, you'll be taking in maybe 180-200 calories a day. You need to be consuming around 500 calories for breakfast in order to rev up your metabolism. You take in less than 400 calories for breakfast, you're slowing down your metabolism.

LOL..say what?!

You've got to be kidding! This isn't true...myth much?
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have used vi for 6 months. i have lost 70lbs. it is not a magic wand it is not the answer to every problem. since u r well on ur way with the eating properly and counting cals carbs etc, it may good for you. i am like you and go to the gym and eat my snacks etc and meal etc...i find the shakes as quick easy breakfast and lunch. they give me all the nutrients and fill me up...and i save money. i highly recomend them to ppl who are will to do the work....

Also after 6 months i have not gotten bored of them at all...therer r so many diffrent greatthings to add in that im always good.

Some ppl on here hate them because of the way they r sold but it doesnt change the fact that it works for those who want to make it work....

Best of luck in ur journy and in ur choice.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    You need to be consuming around 500 calories for breakfast in order to rev up your metabolism. You take in less than 400 calories for breakfast, you're slowing down your metabolism.

Nothing wrong with any kind of shake - Visalus or any other kind of protein shake. It's much better than skipping meals.

There is nothing correct or valid in the above post except that there is nothing wrong with shakes if they help you meet your calorieu/macro goals......the rest of it is just not true.......

why not just eat food to meet you caloic goals?

I don't disagree with this statement but I don't see anything wrong with shakes/supplements either if it helps you...
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,025 Member
    Options
    This topic just came up with a friend, so I'll tell you what I told her:

Sorry to be negative, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it. I did a similar "healthy" shake diet several years ago. Lost a lot of weight -- gained back more. If you aren't teaching yourself how to eat, you are just adding a rung to the "diet yourself fat" cycle.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I was tempted to try but decided against it.

I prefer eating local produce that is mostly organic and since the shakes are made from imported ingredients that are unregulated, i decided to pass on it. The biggest scare I got was when a recent news reported that 1 in 3 multivitamins don't contain what is indicated on the label in the US. In Canada, it was 7 out of 10.

In general, I avoid multivitamins (studies show users don't live any longer than non-vitamin users) and since shakes has multivitamins added, I avoid them.
  • submarinewife07
    Options
    I'm going to learn more about it on Monday..and I'll decide from there. Honestly I'm going to do what best for me and everyone is different, I see there's.....looootttssss of opinions...we're all here for the same reason..we want to be healthy to better ourselves. <3 some choose to do it different than others. But the plan is to support... We don't want to pull each other down.. :-)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I think for most people the cost isn't worth it. Not that a shake or supplement is bad, there are just cheaper alternates out there with similar or better nutrition.
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm going to learn more about it on Monday..and I'll decide from there. Honestly I'm going to do what best for me and everyone is different, I see there's.....looootttssss of opinions...we're all here for the same reason..we want to be healthy to better ourselves. <3 some choose to do it different than others. But the plan is to support... We don't want to pull each other down.. :-)

You have the best attitude.... U will do great whichever way u go!
  • luisitosmommy
    luisitosmommy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    We are always in a rush to get to work so my husband and I drink one every morning, It is delicious made with almond milk and a cup of fruit. I do not stay full but I am not starving by lunch time. Its better than stopping at the store and buying a donut or bisquit at mcdonalds.

it can get pretty expensive though. $100 a month is not too bad for two meals, but when you add the cost of fruit it can really add up. For a month we never had the same shake. I downloaded an app on my phone that gives me all the recipes. Most are under 250 calories.
  • submarinewife07
    Options
    We are always in a rush to get to work so my husband and I drink one every morning, It is delicious made with almond milk and a cup of fruit. I do not stay full but I am not starving by lunch time. Its better than stopping at the store and buying a donut or bisquit at mcdonalds.

it can get pretty expensive though. $100 a month is not too bad for two meals, but when you add the cost of fruit it can really add up. For a month we never had the same shake. I downloaded an app on my phone that gives me all the recipes. Most are under 250 calories.
    I bet there's a recipe for a Krispy cream donut flavor tho.lol;-) haha...
  • luisitosmommy
    luisitosmommy Posts: 5 Member
    Options

I bet there's a recipe for a Krispy cream donut flavor tho.lol;-) haha...

Ha, There probably is. My fave at the moment is chocolate covered cherries! Even my son loves these shakes and let me say for an 18 month old he will not try anything that is not beans or soup. lol. He grabbed my cup one day and ever since then in the mornings he has to have his own.

try it, there is nothing wrong with tryi something to see if it works, like I said when I dont have much time on my hands I would rather eat that than something unhealthy, or if I dont have time for dinner its something quick and easy.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Well get these threads in while
    You can because they
    Eventually all will not be allowed here due to being sales and marketing schemes! All of you salespeople can **** off And preach your **** somewhere else!
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Well get these threads in while
    You can because they
    Eventually all will not be allowed here due to being sales and marketing schemes! All of you salespeople can **** off And preach your **** somewhere else!

Not a pyramid if you chose to only use the product yourself and are not forced into sales. I have not been pressured once to sell it myself and the person I buy mine through is a good friend of mine and knows that I am not a sales person. I use the product only and do not sell anything. I will give information if someone asks what I am doing, but that is it.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I've been a customer only since jan/ feb. I have no desire to sell anything, so, I don't :-) not to mention, I would not be a good walking advertisement seeing as how I have not lost any weight in all of the months I've used them, lol!!!!