If someone calls me skinny one more time

Options
BackTatJIM
BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
I will lose my mind, I don't mind hearing people remind me I lost weight or say you look good, but i am tired of them calling me skinny because they are use to the old me... driving me crazy...I think I am average (far from skinny)

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Your pic looks good and you lost 41 lbs, that is awesome!!
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    ty
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i know. i have such a negative reaction to the word skinny. you look great. i know people dont mean it in a bad way but still. thats what my mom does. she calls me skinny sometimes just because shes used to me being 60lbs bigger. wtf?! i still weight over 200lbs. is it because thats what she thinks i want to hear? i have told her many times to cut it out....but i suppose i shouldn't shun compliments. lol
  • BandForAlyAnne
    Options
    btw, panteras the ****.
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    yeah people only say it to be nice , but I damn its annoying ,, and Pantera is the *****!!!!!
  • BandForAlyAnne
    Options
    lol. cemetary gates and hollow are my favs. :)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i would love to be called skinny. don't hate!

woo pantera!
  • retriev00
    retriev00 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I don't like being called skinny as well. I feel like I shouldn't be called skinny since I weigh 190 pounds at 6'0" but people still call me skinny, and have trouble believing I weigh 190
  • falcon367
    falcon367 Posts: 116
    Options
    You look good man ... don't let it get to you. People have been calling me scrawny because I lost 12 lb ... serious?! LOL
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people go "Hey Skinny, how are you?" Ugh that just gets on my last nerve!!! You never used a descriptor before when you addressed me like "Hey fattie how are you?" so why must you use one now!!

Some people just do not get it, even if you politely tell them not to say that, they will get offended. So sometimes you need to smile and just ignore it.
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    Im broken and 25 years
  • hoppinfroggin22
    hoppinfroggin22 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    you look healthy and fit :)
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    "skinny"
    "sickly"
    "anorexic"

WTF, really??? How about fit, or strong, or athletic. Just a little support would be nice.
  • BackTatJIM
    Options
    I don't like being called skinny as well. I feel like I shouldn't be called skinny since I weigh 190 pounds at 6'0" but people still call me skinny, and have trouble believing I weigh 190

same here.... knowing that I weight 155 still blows my mind but i sometimes forget how short i am
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I get this too. People say I am too skinny now and that they don't think I should lose any more weight. They are really just ignorant about my process/lifestyle. They don't really know what I should or shouldn't weigh they just think they do. So when someone says I am skinny I just say thank you and in my head laugh at their ignorance. I don't really let it bother me.
  • BandForAlyAnne
    Options
    jesus. you have me on youtube listening to all the favs. lol and im broken is such a badass song.
  • indisguise
    indisguise Posts: 235
    Options
    btw, panteras the ****.

^Word!

(My faves are Walk and Cowboys from Hell)
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I will lose my mind, I don't mind hearing people remind me I lost weight or say you look good, but i am tired of them calling me skinny because they are use to the old me... driving me crazy...I think I am average (far from skinny)

I agree.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    jesus. you have me on youtube listening to all the favs. lol and im broken is such a badass song.

Yup. Though it takes me back to high school.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I hate hate hate being called skinny! I tell them "I'm not skinny, I'm fit!" lol