is it possible/has anyone lose 15kg/33lb in 5 months?

Options

Replies

• Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Totally Possible!! Thanksgiving to Memorial Day I lost 50, that was 5 months and there were times I wasn't exactly "focused". I think you can totally do it. Good luck!!!!
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I've lost 30 in 7 weeks. =)
    *I've been taking vitamins, eating well.. not feeling starved ever. Not doing this the wrong way.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I would not.
    That'd be for me too much to lose week after week just to make some target date outside the recommended 1 lb per week.
    I have lost over 75 lbs, so I know my body.
    And if I were going into that line of work, I would be focused more on body fat. Weight would be secondary.
    Our health as manifested in our outer appearance is what helps sell our services as fitness professionals.
    Again, I just don't think I could do it.
    Maybe you are different.

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • ytfelmi
    ytfelmi Posts: 47
    Options
    I lost 50lbs in 7months.. But I wasn't exercising at all! I think it's totally doable! Get it girl!
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have lost 69 lbs since February of this year!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I started at 194 in august 2011, and was at 165 by december 2011. I hurt my back and couldn't work out for 6 weeks in there, too, other than walking a bit. so, you should DEFINITELY be able to manage it!! Good luck!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    When I started I loat 45 pounds in 3 months. Since March 18. 2012 I was 165 pounds...and as of June 22 2012 I was 125.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) for all your kind and encouraging words <3
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Its possible, but its not easy. I work out every day, rarely have a rest day, rarely go over calories except my one day a week calorie spike day... and I lost 30 lbs in my first 3 months... weight loss has slowed slightly as I have gotten closer to goal, but thats to be expected. I make sure to eat like 2000 calories a day to keep me fueled through workouts and I try to make smarter choices about food, but I love junk food, so I usually have some sort of sweet daily, but I keep it in my calorie allowance.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in you can do anything you set your mind to, as long as you make an honest effort and stay with it. I have lost 52 pounds since the first of March, just under 4 months. It was much easier than I thought it would be. You just have to keep at it. I am very anal about it, I stay within my calories and get in 60 minutes of exercise at least 5 days a week.

You can do it if you want it.

Edit: Typo
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Funny you say this. My husband is a tai chi instructor and wanted to be certified as a trainer. He felt so out of place as a 53 year old with all these awesomely fit, 20 year old jocks.

It's hard. You're a trainer, you know it's hard. You can be a very fit person who is much thinner and fitter than you are now by December.

That's good enough.

GO FOR IT!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    And I also believe, as someone who's been through it, you'll be a BETTER trainer than those people who haven't.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I think it would depend on how much weight you had to lose! I started at 245 and was easily losing 10 lbs a month in the beginning... I have lost 83 lbs in 14 months...
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I lost 16.5 in mostly 4 months......
    1200 cals per day.....
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well, 60 lbs in 5 months. Keep a obsessive tally of your calories, keep within your goal, try to not eat through your exercise calories, aerobic exercise 5X to 6 X a week for 45 minutes. Should do the trick, maybe.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i lost 40 pounds in about 5 months with no exercise. i think it would have been a lot faster/easier if i worked out.

i did low carb (20 grams a day) and was in ketosis. (and yes, had cheat days!)

i was 3 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight! i wasn't obese when i started.
  • danbradley1970
    danbradley1970 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have lost 31 in 5 weeks so yes
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30lbs in the last 2 months (well, from April 29th until just today :)) with eating high protein and low carb and lots of exercise so it's TOTALLY doable in 5 months! :D

i'm planning on losing my last 18lbs in the next 2 months as well - so a total of 50lbs in 4 months (or so...maybe a bit longer).

Good luck!
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Somehow I erased this reply from my wall.. lol
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    If you just want to LOOK like you belong, then build up some muscle and work on reducing your body fat. Your weight will be inconsequential when you look trim and defined. 5 months can show a very big difference. Start tonight by making a plan for yourself and stick with it. You can really change your body in 5 months!

I really hope you can stick and post again to show us what you've done by December. :D