WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2012

Options

Replies

• katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I feel the same Snoozie - my doctor wants to watch my cholestoral and I said that I can fix it with diet and exercise....thank you for the post and keep in touch...:happy:

Red Yeast Rice is great to lower cholesterol and also Mega Red Krill Oil, Ive been taking it for 2 years now, my cholesterol was at 280 and I started taking 2 Red Yeast Rice pills and 1 Mega Red Krill Oil every day and lowered it to 180 in 6 months. I get them both at Costo.

Love
    Kat
  • katiejarr
    katiejarr Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Just a quick note to let you all know it was 116 here today in La Quinta Calif!!!!! Whew it was HOT HOT HOT :glasses: :glasses:
    Plus I got a migraine :sad: Boo.

Took a pill and going to bed. Hope tomorrow is a better day...Oh and YAY the house is FINALLY getting painted :bigsmile:

Hope you all have a lovely evening

Love
    Kat :heart: :heart:
  • cjspensley
    cjspensley Posts: 21
    Options
    I'm Cj and I'm new here...just found myfitnesspal over the weekend. I've gained and lost and gained and lost and gained...need to do something for me, something permanent. I know from past experience that I can lose by simply keeping track of what I put in my mouth. The problem for me is cultivating the habits of staying there once I lose. I'm way overweight and I know it's not healthy to be in this gain/lose cycle.

Just keeping track yesterday helped incredibly...and I got on my bike and rode 16-1/2 miles yesterday! Felt good - hard, but good. Tonight I entered my eating for today, saw I was a bit over, and went for my socks and sneakers and hopped on the bike, and rode another 10-1/2 miles. I love riding the bike, and my goal is to get to the point where I can make it UP hills without a fuss.
  • seventeendayer
    seventeendayer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your migraine today, Katie! My son gets migraines, has since he was in the 1st grade and he is now 21. What part of California is La Quinta? I used to live in Stockton, Northern CA and it would get hot enough there! Living in Washington now does have it's advantages, rarely too hot. Although the rain here gets to me a lot!!
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies

I am so cold!!!! I had to put on an extra sweater when I went out earlier ... and my wellies of course - yes, it's raining in London - how unusual!!

I'm not sure what's going on with my body, but I think it's changing shape. My waist is small (24") but I still have 'tummy overhang' from the dreaded loose skin. The strange thing is, although my weight isn't changing and I am still 119 pounds, my boobs seem to have grown. My bras are definitely fuller. That's no bad thing as they were all a bit too big for me, but it's strange that I have a more ample bosom!

It's time for me to get moving, I want to walk down to the village pond this morniing because I'm expecting a delivery after lunch. So I shall say toodles for now. Have a good day if you possibly can please.

Love to all.
    Amanda x
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Morning....been a crazy few days for me....busy with family stuff...and business to take care of for them. It has been hard to get everything done for my family and keep track of what is going on with parents . Hard when one has passed ...so much to take care of. Today is a new day....I hope to get my goals accomplished in the mist of doing my housework and laundry! :) We are having wonderful storms here today...bringing precious much needed rain to our area. My day will include some exercise for me today...somewhere! I hope you all have a blessed day...will try to get back on here and read and check on everyone....get to know you all ....and cheer you on! Have a wonderful Tuesday!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday morning to one and all. :flowerforyou:

My gosh, Kat, 116 degrees? :noway: Yikes!! We're enjoying mid-80's here in Portland.

And Amanda, you're there in rainy London, wowie. At least you have boobs under that sweater! :laugh: I hope you'll pass on the information of how you got them to grow. Mine have dwindled to almost nothing. :ohwell:

I did my walk/jog episode for 2.5 miles yesterday morning and I'm about to head down to the track for another go. Strength training has taken a back seat to gardening, and I can feel my biceps have deflated a bit from when I was doing push ups.regularly. I work hard in the gardens, but it's just not the same as strength training. Daily digging and weeding, plus braiding garlic and shelling peas...my hands are lean and mean. :bigsmile:

I have a gig tonight, playing guitar and singing at a birthday party for a friend in a club downtown. I'll probably have to take a snack of some sort to eat after work since there won't be time for dinner. There'll be birthday cake and wine at the party. Telling myself "a little dab will do ya!" Cake and me, well, we don't see eye to eye. :grumble: It has PIG OUT written all over it.

Have a wonderful day, and weclome to everyone new! :smile:

jb
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi.

I'm in a great mood because I FINALLY was able to get out with my dogs and walked 20 minutes, which is a big accomplishment for me! Came home and iced the knee which isn't too bad right now. Think my boys were actually more exhausted than me because they're not used to the exercise. Also, the scale budged .5 lb-I'll take it!

Marytallymom-Know exactly which ugly shoes you are referring to. I'll probably be getting them soon because, if I remember right, they also have a roomier toe box which would be good for my foot/toe problem, as well as knees. Someone on here,sorry, don't remember who, mentioned needing more support than sandals. Just to let you know, Birkenstock sandals actually do have some support and conform to your feet. My foot doc recommended them to me and I actually wear them instead of slippers and almost everywhere. Even though they are not cheap, I definitely got my money's worth out of them!

2youngatheart-Again, sorry for your loss!

Sorry for not writing directly to everyone else, I do read all the posts here and am cheering everyone on but I want to get off the computer and get moving to keep my momentum going!

Blessings and joy to all!

Kathy
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Lovely Tuesday..

I had a post...clicked it...it went into cyber space:grumble: No time to rewrite it all.

Know that I am thinking of you all and am sending encouragement to everyone.:flowerforyou:

Last night when i got home the weather was so nice that hubby had loaded the bikes and off the resevoir we went. Great bike ride, saw three bucks in velvet and felt fully energized after the bike ride. By the time we had dinner I had made my six week bran muffins, cleaned up the kitchen it was 7:45 and when I was done for the evening it was 8:30 went to log my food from dinner and exercise and realized I had way too many calories that I had left uneaten:grumble: But when it's that late and time for me to get the clothes ready for the next day, shower and try to unwind with a book eating was not going to happen. Will try to do better today. Tomorrow is a weigh in and I'm hoping for a loss (even 1/2 lb would be nice).

Everyone have a good day, drink plenty of water, if you eat it log it and move your body to burn the calories:drinker:

Laura80111:smile:
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Morning....been a crazy few days for me....busy with family stuff...and business to take care of for them. It has been hard to get everything done for my family and keep track of what is going on with parents . Hard when one has passed ...so much to take care of.
    [/quote

When I found myself having to oversee my parent lives in 2008 I had a little notebook that I kept with me all the time and everytime I talked to one of the caregivers I had hired or a doctor or them I wrote everything down in the notebook. Then when Dad passed in 2009 I kept all the notes on who I called and what I had done or needed to do for his funeral. So that when Mom passed in 2010 I had all the phone numbers and insurance company info on hand and was able to take care of all the things dealing with her went so smoothly because I had it all in my notebook. I still keep the notebook with me as I find that I still have some dealings with their lives even today.

Laura80111:smile:
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I was so lazy today; slept til 1030. Now it's already after 12! That's the bad thing about summers off..I get lazier each day! Lately I have been thinking seriously about retirement, but I'm really not old enough....only 53, but I sure like being in my house and not at work more and more. Strange because I LOVE my job (I'm a professor of nursing). I always said I would never retire; one of my colleagues is 73 and still works part time. Maybe that's what I need; part time!

I did well yesterday; spent 15 minutes of the elliptical which burned a whopping 60 calories. LOL. I can't imagine having the activity level that a lot of you have; biking for miles, all those exercise tapes and classes. Holy cow. You guys are an inspiration. I just hope to be able to go back to my twice-a-week step class by the end of the summer.

Michelle: you sound SO busy! I would love to learn to play Mahjong. I have 2 antique sets with directions, but they have such bad English, no one can figure them out! I'd like to learn the real way to play, not like the "Matching" you see on the internet.

Kat: 116!!!!! WOW. Plus a migraine...ugh. Hope you are feeling better and a little cooler today! We are out of our bad heat wave here in Omaha, and it will be mid-80s today. No more triple digits for a while, but we are really dry.

CJ: Welcome. Come back often!

Amanda: After being so hot here, being cold sounds so refreshing. I've been to London and found it lovely. Will you to to any Olympic events or do you plan to flee when that is in town?

JB: GOod luck with that cake! Fortunately I am not much of a sweet eater, so I could leave the cake. I crave fat and salt! CHEETOS!!!!!!!

Laura80111: I'll keep my fingers crossed for your weigh in. Mine is Friday. UGH. Right before going out of town LOL

Well it's so late I really do need to get going. Every one have a super day and stay strong. OH! I read something in the paper that reminded me of what Barbie said about eating out. The person wrote that when you go out, focus on something other than the food because food is only energy for our bodies whereas the company of good friends is energy for our souls and that's what we really need.

Take care, meg
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Options
    Hi all - back from my trip to take care of my dad. Turns out there was a lot to do at his acreage. Japanese beetles EVERYWHERE outdoors. Some kind of odd little crunchy bugs indoors. Have someone handling the outdoor beetles---I kept running around squashing the indoor bugs. Ack.

As anticipated, there was the Lottery ticket disagreement once again. And lots of other criticisms, disagreements, etc. Through it all, no mindless eating; no extra food; no horrible choices. I am so thankful.

Happy to be home, going to go and unpack and then :drinker: :drinker:

Be healthy!

Lin
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Just had to quickly post this ... we went to pick my DD up from Heathrow this evening. Her flight from Germany was delayed and after we met up we got into the lift to go to the car park. The doors were just about to close when 2 business men got in and one of them said 'what are the chances?' ... it was my brother who had just flown in from Amsterdam! None of us had any idea that the other was flying today.

Spooky! x
  • ejnancy2
    ejnancy2 Posts: 14
    Options
    :smile: :happy: :flowerforyou: Hi my name is Nancy and i am 53...i was on here the other week and really enjoyed reading all of your posts...this group looks like it is for me.....i have been doing good....have done 2 days in a row.....wahooo....i am proud of myself....i have pretty much stayed at or just a litle over my `1200 calories.....not sure if i have lost any or not....not going to weigh myself for a few more days....i started at around 195 or so and i am down to like 167 (i think)...my goal is to be 160 or maybe 155....will just have to wait and see....my next goal is 160 and i want to get there by August 1st....i go on vacation to the beach with my son and 2 grandaughters and my step daughter...so i am working hard...i have started doing the Gold Gym bikini body boot camp DVD....it is short but man are my muscles sore....and i have started walking again...was walking about 5 miles a day but had to quit due to a back injury...so now it is hard to get back into it....so i am going to try to get on the board everyday....hope you all have a great night...

Nancy

17287209.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Still no official word from DS :ohwell: ....trying not to focus on it...rode 10 miles on the recumbent bike yesterday and did strength training today..scale is still up then down...I don't think I am completely focused on the eating part...I have noticed lately that when I eat things like cookies, etc.my stomach is not very happy....so I will take that as progress and maybe THAT will help me to stop eating the treats!

Have a good evening, ladies...maybe tomorrow I will be a little more settled...I'll have to get those endorphins rocking early!

:flowerforyou: Hugs and high fives, we are 50+/- and fabulous!
    :heart:
    Jen
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing ok.Went to pt dr and ortho.Guess I thought I was a youngster and thought I could make up for the hot days when I didn`t do much exercise.I learned the hard way.Have shin splints,was up most of the night.
    Gotta cool it with the ex and try the pool for a few days.I also found out i`m not as young as I think I am and healing takes longer when you`re older and also have other issues.
    We may be getting older,but I know I`m getting better and healthier.
    HUGS
    jane:drinker:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,387 Member
    Options
    cj, Nancy - welcome

This talk about boobs reminded me of something we shared once in a body sculpting class I was in. This granddaughter was down the shore and she came into the living room wearing a very see-thru shirt. Her grandmother was horrified, but the teen told her grandmother that she wanted everyone to see her budding rosebuds. Well....the next day the grandmother comes into the living room wearing a very see-thru blouse. When the granddaughter exclaimed her displeasure, the grandmother said "well, if everyone can see your rosebuds, I want everyone to see my hanging baskets".

Kathy - that was me who mentioned needing more support. I've looked into birkenstocks once, must do it again

Got up, exercised for an hour. I was PLANNING to do 30 min of HIIT and 30 min of speed intervals, but I wound up doing one hour of speed intervals, 30 sec on the treadmill at 5mph then 30 sec at 4mph for an hour. Then bowled 5 games. What is with me lately? Talk about crappy! That doesn't even being to describe it. Then went and played mahjongg (maj'd once, would have one other time only I wasn't keeping myself alert so I missed two things that I should have called). Went to one store before mahjongg because they told me they had plain yogurt in 6oz containers, only when I got there they didn't have it. I was so mad!!!! Next time I call and a store says they have what I'm looking for, I'm going to be sure to get the person's name, because if they don't carry the item, you can be sure I'm going to make a stink. Anyway, after mahjongg went to another store that said they had the yogurt and they had it. I really don't need a real large tub of it. anyway, came home, made the pork chops for dinner (I'd defrosted them because Vince didn't write in the calendar that he had shooting so I'd already defrosted and marinated them). Called and made an appt. for Thurs to get my hair colored, so I made them cookies. Even tho I had a plate of veggies in front of me, I had to have some of that dough. Why do I do this? Now I'm on here, then I'll take a shower.

Tomorrow going to do a Leslie Sansone DVD at home because we have Newcomer's General Meeting and then senior bowling.

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies:flowerforyou:

Hope everyone has had a fabulous day:smile: ..

I have done nothing today, I've had the worst sinus headache:sick: plus my ear is hurting. I just didn't feel like doing any exercise at all. I did manage to get a load of laundry done, and the dog and I went out for just a short walk. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel like moving my body more.

Michele, I loved the " hanging baskets", I got a good laugh:laugh:

Happy dreams everyone!:yawn:

Hugs,
    DeeDee:smile:
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: OMG my abs are so sore...I did 30 min Tae Bo and 45 mins Leslie Sanzone: Walk Your Belly Flat. :huh: Good news lost another 1/2 inch around my belly.:wink: Bad news......Probiotics are not helping me ...GO.:frown: I talked to the Dr. about my problem and he prescribed Lactulose at night, probiotics in the morning.
    :blushing: I just hope after all this "everything comes out" alright. LOL:blushing:
    :heart: Welcome to Nancy and all he other new ladies who have decided to join us in this life changing journey.
    :heart: Prayer and Hugs for everyone struggling and are facing challenges at home
    :smile: 4:30 gonna come mighty soon I better get to bed, Rose
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    My suitcases are packed and i am heading to bed now...off to Chicago in the morning for our youngest son's wedding! After a year and a half engagement, it is finally here! I hope I have everything:tongue:

I did read the posts and love hearing what each of you is doing, but can't respond individually tonight. I will be missing you this week but know I will be lucky to keep my food logged on my phone...don't think that I will be able to get to message boards, but will catch up after the wedding when we are in MT!

Take care, All:heart: Kackie