80/10/10

Options
2»

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    6 month-old original post, wonder if OP is still doing it.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    JJ - stop giving advice.

I've never agreed more with anything said by anybody on any topic.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

This is OP's ticker:
    1500492.png

Granted, it is definitely possible that her goal was maintenance and not weight loss; then again, that would give lie to the brag that she'd lost five pounds. Her diary is open and a quick average of the last 14 days indicates she's presently around 57/28/15
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Well, that sounds like fun if you aren't diabetic or hypothyroid . . .
    '

This way of eating heals both those issues

By forcing the person into a coma and ultimate death.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

This is OP's ticker:
    1500492.png

Granted, it is definitely possible that her goal was maintenance and not weight loss; then again, that would give lie to the brag that she'd lost five pounds. Her diary is open and a quick average of the last 14 days indicates she's presently around 57/28/15

heh.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Knowing how my body reacts to not enough protein or fat or starch. This would work for about 1 day for me. Then I'd be ready to eat my arm.

^^ This

...must have meat.... (and a bit of butter on those veggies)
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Well, that sounds like fun if you aren't diabetic or hypothyroid . . .
    '

This way of eating heals both those issues

By forcing the person into a coma and ultimate death.

Holy CRAP! I didn't notice that before! This lady has been sitting on the cure to hypothyroidism and diabetes? You'd think a simple macronutrient ratio modification would've been discovered by all those scientists researching such issues. Big pharma wins again I guess, right?
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Knowing how my body reacts to not enough protein or fat or starch. This would work for about 1 day for me. Then I'd be ready to eat my arm.

Something you should try to overcome possibly? there will be a few days of mental pain, but after that, it just gets easier.

Also - adding more veggies in the diet & removing as much (if not ALL) processed foods is the best idea for optimal health weither you eat meat or not. I don't think anyone could disagree with that. This extreme wouldn't work for me because I enjoy coconuts and olive oil. the 10% fat seems like I would have to limit too extreme.

I eat meat (mostly natural/grass-fed/free-range etc). I eat pretty clean, even when going out to eat. I see absolutely no need to drop to an ultra low fat percentage. I have been eating mostly clean for years now. My numbers are great...weight on the other hand could use some work.

I am definitely an advocate for eating more plants and less processed. But I don't think it is a magic weight loss bullet.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I have read and research this before I started it and people live like this and thrive this way. I get all the healthy fat i need from avocado and proteins from my veggies and fruits.

Just throwing this out there. There may be some cultures that thrive on 80/10/10, but if you are talking about the Okinawans . . . this is misinformation. People trying to make money off their own projections of the Okinawan diet have morphed it into something it really isn't. They love their pork and lard.

http://nourishedkitchen.com/hara-hachi-bu/

@Rilke - THANK YOU! Yes! Some of the best pork dishes come from Okinawa! lol. I don't know where people come off thinking that there isn't meat in Okinawa or Japan or that they are "limited".

ETA: Damnit. Didn't realize how old this was ..hahaha
  • LouMonoLou
    LouMonoLou Posts: 192
    Options
    I did this "diet" for some time. I haven't logged what I ate but it would be around 2500 calories as durianrider had recommended.

It wasn't 100% raw either but it was mostly raw high card low fat. I went off because I felt bloated and sick. I had huge bingings after going off. I lost my energy.

Before I went up to 2500 calories I ate 1700 calories on 811 and felt quite good actually but I was missing my protein.

Eating 2500 calories for weight loss won't work unless you're very active for a woman.

Durianrider is not even a doctor and I don't know if he has a university degree of any kind. Same with Freelee. Their recommendations are not based on scientific studies and they just think that whoever is eating meat will die earlier because they're "undercarbed"..