What restaurants do you go to that serve healthy food?

Options
13»

Replies

• muff_top10
    Options
    I like Ruby Tuesday. I get the Herb Crusted Tilapia with Grilled Zucchini. Yummy!!!
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My lifestyle is such that I have to eat out a lot (travel)

There are tons of places now with reasonable food (albiet somewhat high in sodium) and tons with actually healthy options. I am thinking of making a journal post because I think I posted a similar list just recently. (Keeping in mind I'm a vegetarian and have to suppliment the protein when eating out recently.... (If you're really sodium conscious California Pizza Kitchen has lower sodium per calorie imo)

I'm copy pasting my post from that post after I add a few I forgot to put in...

Cheesecake Factory has a skinnyliscious menu - with some yummy options. I get the vegetable salad it has beats, asparagus, edamame, sharp cheddar cubes and is very yummy at under 400 calories. It has a lot of options on it.

Local specific to Portland - Dingo's mexican. They have tofu everything with fresh veggies and you can use the ranchero sauce and hold the cheese.

Chain specific to NorthWest US - Pizzicato - has yummy salads and pizzas including gluten free vegetarian and vegan options - lots don't even have cheese. Many pizza places now offer whole wheat or gluten free crusts.

Here's the copy pasted part:

California Pizza Kitchen has a new quinoa salad with pinenuts sun dried tomatoes and other goodies. They also have a small plate starter thats the asparagus arugula salad and the fresh chunk parmesan is amazing on that. Their artichoke broccoli soup is only 100 cal for a cup. Also their tortilla soup is not as good (273/cup and higher fat b/c of cheese) but it is vegetarian - which is a nice rarity for tortilla soup.

Claim Jumpers has a side called a thai peanut coslaw. Their california salad is great too.

PF Changs (despite high sodium) has vegetarian lettuce wraps, and their asparagus side is AMAZING. Also you can get buddahs feast steamed for like 110 calories for the MEAL and you get protein b/c of the tofu. It's really good.

Nello's (In Phoenix not national) has this meditteranean salad that has chick peas, sun dried tomato, feta, and all sorts of goodies but this awesome pasta sauce dressing for it.

Abuelo's has a spinach enchilada that isn't that bad, and their steamed veggie side is exceptionally good. If I need more calories I'll get one spinach enchilada and one avocado but make sure to ask for red sauce not cream, with a side of steamed veggies.

McCormick & Schmidt has an arugula beet and pinenut salad that is very similar to CPK's dressing on their asparagus arulula salad, but the flavors with beets are creative. Their bread is nasty and sopped in butter, so the plus side is it is not tempting.

Panera's asian sesame salad (no chicken I'm a veggie) or their vegetable soup b/c of the pesto on top.

WildFlower (like panera's but a little nicer) has a fig sweet potato sandwich (not as healthy) I adore.

Corner Bakery (only saw in CA) has a really good grape strawberry fruit on greens salad, and a pablano sandwhich you can remove the cheese.

Pita Jungle makes amazing grilled veggies, and their falafel isn't bad. Haven't had a chance to try their grape leaves their always out, and their size on the side of hummos is pathetic. Most mediterranean places I know I am safe to find something.

Pei Wei - tons of options there (all high sodium of course). Edamame yummy. Or ginger broccoli tofu and eat half the side of brown rice. Or teryiaki tofu with veggies and eat half the brown rice.

IHop I get a light and fit spinach omlette and sub mushrooms another veggie, I have it made with egg whites not substitute.

USEgg zomg their protein pancakes will make you cry. However, I get a 1/2 and 1/2 - smaller protein pancakes and a skillet with veggies and egg whites. They don't have these in Portland so I miss them greatly.

At some non chain restaurants I've had some great healthy things like butternut squash enchiladas (practically no cheese), or veggie filled pablano peppers with a sweet potato pure and a small drizzle of cojita. (place in Scottsdale and place in Sedona respectively)

The place in Sedona sells a cook book, I'd get it as a gift for anyone - it's Elote's.

(realizing I eat out a ton more than most of you I thought I'd make a list...maybe it's helpful)
  • Hannah645
    Hannah645 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am a server at Ruby Tuesday. I have been eating the crap out of our salad bar. The croutons are deep fried pumpernickel tossed in garlic salt. Addicting...so try to avoid or watch how many you take.

Ruby Tuesday offers a lot of vegetable side choices and quite a few low calorie meals, but anything you get from a chain is going to be loaded in sodium.
  • manhn1
    manhn1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I was in Pheonix a couple months ago, and I went to a place called Zoe's Kitchen. Apparently, it's a fairly large national chain (I'm Canadian--I'm surprise just how many American food chains I have never heard before). The food was great and pretty healthy.