Help my petition? (Tattoos in the workplace).

Options
1235»

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I did a speech about this in one of my classes. I had a friend who got fired because of a tattoo she had when she got hired. It was ridiculous. But anyway, I will sign and share one of my favorite photos with you!

Please-dont-discriminate.jpg
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I signed it. Nobody should be able to dictate how someone chooses to alter their own body and discriminate against them because of it. Qualified is qualified, and as far as I am concerned, if someone is willing to put their body and life on the line to serve and protect, there is no reason they shouldn't be able to do so just because they have a tattoo.

For the people who think that it is ok to discriminate, are you really going to deny help because your doctors, policemen, paramedics, or firefighters have a tattoo? The last thing I care about when I am in crisis is what the person saving my a** looks like. I have seen cops, servicemen/women, firefighters, paramedics, E.R. doctors and nurses, lawyers, dentists, etc with tattoos. It doesn't make them less qualified, and judging them based on the fact that they have tattoos is a bit ridiculous.
  • amivox
    Options
    You know who else chooses to modify their body in an unnatural way? People who get gender reassignment surgery. Should these people also be discriminated for altering their bodies in a way that a lot of people don't like?
    Yes.

Wow, you are really an awful person to actually say that. Ugly on the inside is worse than ugly on the outside. It would do you good to remember that.
  • amivox
    Options
    ...and to the dude you are talking to...tattoos aren't scary. No scarier than a faux hawk, or cuffed sleeves on the muscles...

they arent scary to me but to a lot of older conservative people, they are

I dont make the rules or peoples attitudes but lets stay real
    To a lot of older conservative people, black men or large men with a lot of muscles are scary. Should they not be allowed on the police force?

is that the same thing? tats have a stigma of prison with older people. blacks and muscles dont

lol, WHAT?!? Old people (not ALL old people) ARE afraid of black men because they think they are criminals. That is THE EXACT reason that there is a stigma with old people in regards to muscular black people.

My great grandmother seriously believes that black people are going to rob her or snatch her purse. I keep on telling her that she is being ridiculous, but she's my granny, so I try not to argue with her too much.