Options

Replies

• fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    Hard boiled or dry fried on a apan
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Over easy a la Alton Brown on a toasted English muffin.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/eggs-over-easy-recipe/index.html
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I like my eggs any which way....but I did try them scrambled with a little cottage cheese in the other day, and that was surprisingly ok!

I mostly love them poached though, on wholemeal toast.
  • antipholous
    antipholous Posts: 116
    Options
    Eggs have cholesterol but it's good cholesterol. Very digestible, it doesn't just clog your arteries.

I eat mine pan fried in a little butter over easy. Great on top of pulled pork, rice, or toast.
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    1 scrambled on an english muffin with a piece of cheese or else a 4 egg white omlete with tomatoes, green peppers, laughing cow cheese, spinach and celery. Sometimes I add ham to both.
  • firelle
    firelle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    sunny side up (medium) with a slice of cheese on top of a slice of toast! (pre- healthier lifestyle)

now: hardboiled :) hot, cold, in salad, with toast. Doesn't matter!
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    scrambled with onion green pepper and mushrooms. Add some laughing cow swiss and then top with sriracha!!!
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I like a whole egg and an egg white, made flat in a small pan so I can flip it over into an "omelette." I saute fresh spinach just using the heat, then pour the eggs over the spinach, cook it on both sides, then put some sort of cheese on one side and flip it over to melt the cheese. I usually toast one piece of bread and have the eggs on the toast. YUM.
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    I used to like them scrambled or fried or as an omelette...but now that I see 2 whole eggs = about 300g of Cholesterol I only eat boiled eggs without the yolk.

You can have scrambled eggs! Ellie Krieger taught me that it's okay to have seven whole eggs every week, and since I can't eat just one egg, I adopted her method of pairing a whole egg with an egg white. You really don't notice the missing second yolk.

I've never tried that. Thanks, that'll be something I'll try when I go home :)
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Normally a 3 egg omelet would be my favorite, but I just made my first frittata today and I think that might be my favorite way.

Sauteed green peppers, red peppers, onion, green onion, mushrooms and a few bacon bits. Then poured 2 beaten whole eggs and 1 egg white into the pan, sprinkled on some cheese and put it in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes until it was set. Super tastey and I ended up only eating half because it was so filling. So it ends up being half the calories and way more nutritious than my regular omelet.
  • una48
    una48 Posts: 43
    Options
    Happy to eat a hard boiled egg ( Right now it's just a weekly treat for me - as I have high cholesterol) but love scrambled, fried and omlettes. Also love the indian way called Anda ( which is egg) Bhurji.

Here's a recipe if you are interested....

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/02/anda-bhurji-spicy-indian-scrambled-eggs-recipe.html
  • cdiveduck
    cdiveduck Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have 3-4 egg whites in the morning, I love cooking them with 1/2 chicken apple sausage cut up from Trader Joes...Yumm!!
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I like eggs just about anyway except with peppers or salsa. Peppers hate me.LOL One quick way without added fat is microwave 2 eggs for about 30 sec. check, scramble, add cheese if you are so inclined and then microwave until your consistency is reached. It may take a few checks because it might get rubbery if cooked too long. I put it in an Arnold's sandwich thin. I don't like my eggs done"hard". I don't need any butter for the bread or for the cooking.
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I like them scrambled and still a bit wet/"squishy". I might sprinkle them with a bit of cheese and use them as toppings on vegetable crackers.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Oops! Scrramble before you microwave the first time too.
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    OMG I LOVE EGGS...not just egg whites...the whole egg. I like them anyway...but my favorite at this particular moment is 2 scrambled on toast with mustard all over the top of the eggs. WOW SO GOOD!
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    O and I just found a recipe the other week with sauteed onion, zucchini, squash and garlic then throw in your eggs...scramble them and put parmesan cheese on top. That was delish as well
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I like eggs just about anyway except with peppers or salsa. Peppers hate me.LOL One quick way without added fat is microwave 2 eggs for about 30 sec. check, scramble, add cheese if you are so inclined and then microwave until your consistency is reached. It may take a few checks because it might get rubbery if cooked too long. I put it in an Arnold's sandwich thin. I don't like my eggs done"hard". I don't need any butter for the bread or for the cooking.

I have done this at work before because we don't have a stove. You don't have to scramble the egg if you don't want to. Just make sure you cover it because it will pop a lot while it cooks. If you don't scramble it, it is like a hard fried egg. If you put it on an english muffin, it's like an egg mcmuffin from mcdonalds lol
  • ytfelmi
    ytfelmi Posts: 47
    Options
    I could eat eggs every day, and usually do! Haha

Here are a couple of my favorite ways to cook em up:

Scrambled (1 whole, or two whites):
    I mix in veggies (usually just onions. Sometimes mushrooms)
    Throw some cheese in there
    Add a tbsp of canola mayo on a small tortilla, and roll it into a breakfast burrito
    Comes out to 333cal

Omelette (1 whole + 2 whites)
    I usually add loads of veggies;
    zucchini, onions, mushrooms, green peppers
    Sautée them up, add the eggs after
    toss a tiny bit of Parmesan or Swiss cheese on top once it's flipped.
    229cal

I was addicted to these breakfast sandwiches for awhile:
    Toasted sourdough english muffin
    A tbsp of canola mayo
    1 fried egg white - I add black pepper and red pepper flakes
    Half a slice of Swiss cheese
    A slice of tomato
    + two slices of Oscar Mayer black forest ham. (the thin slices)
    236cal

My new favorite is a sunny side up egg on a tosted english muffin. I sautée some crimini mushrooms and onions, and add some shredded cheese, and throw it in. Only 228cal. If you like runny eggs, it's delish! Messy, but drool worthy.

Sorry for the long post, with extra details. Just excited. I'm a huge egg fan. :]
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Omelette, sunny side up or boiled. Cannot stand scrambled.