Is this a realistic goal?

Options
2»

Replies

• sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    very good goal. you can do a lot more than lose 50 lbs. you can increase your overall health, keep blood pressure / heart rate in a good place. you can increase your fitness, maybe even fall in love with exercise.

there is so much you can do in a few months time. there is so much more you can do in a year. :) good luck, stay persistent, you can do this!
  • DavidKBrewer
    Options
    I've lost 46 lbs since Valentine's day with just eating better (and less) and running 3 times a week. Just put your head down, work at it and don't weigh yourself every day and before you know it you'll be amazed at how much you've lost.
  • cruisinskier
    cruisinskier Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    As all the others indicate, it is a realistic goal. I am down 20 lbs since May 13, 2012 when I started my journey. I do not expect to continue at this rate but I am being rewarded for ahrd work to date. Good luck to you and I suggest you set small goals that will keep you on track.
  • cryshelle247
    cryshelle247 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    HOLY MOLY WHOOOPSIE LOL OK IN THAT CASE YOU CAN DEFINATELY DO IT IF NOT EVEN MORE
  • cryshelle247
    cryshelle247 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    my friend was just very determined and i miss read it i thought she meant next month not of next year sheeesh
    yes it is realistic my friend lost 60 lbs in 3 months lol u can do it ... ima b right behind u trying to lose 50 lbs. now idk about loosing 50 lbs in a month but i think about 30 lbs in a month is more realistic
    30 lbs per month is ABSURD.
    Think 1 pound per week.
    That's the key to steady, healthy and lasting weight loss. People in too much a rush gain it all back like Oprah Winfrey.
    She'll die fat.
    Think long-term, and All Is Possible :flowerforyou:
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds in 5 months, very realistic goal, you can do it! :D
  • suemidkiff2008
    Options
    You will be surprised at losing the weight. You gave yourself plenty of time and a motivator, bot staying motivated is the key. Set your goals for 2 months ahead ot the wedding date and that will give you some extra time for another goal if so needed.
  • prettymomma16
    Options
    Hey, wow.. yours posts made me smile! thanks so much for the great feedback guys!!! Sorry for the delayed response. Since posting I have lost 4 pounds on 1800 calorie diet. I have been told this is too little calories by some, what are your thoughts?
    thanks again!
  • prettymomma16
    Options
    Sorry, I also forgot to mention I am still nursing 1-2 times a day. The calculator says 1600 cals to lose 1 pound per week, but I added 200 more to keep up with the nursing.