cereal?

Options
13»

Replies

• ellie319
    ellie319 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Ooookay....you should consume the most calories for breakfast...hence the name breaking the fast....i like crispix,multi-grain cheerios and plain cheerios.im lactose intolerant so i use silk soy milk or i use yogurt sometimes to change it up.Calories are not the devil!! Eat right and sensible an everything else will fall into place
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 cup of Cheerios every morning with a 1/2 cup low fat milk, and there is always a bit of milk leftover in the bowl when I am done.

I am not exactly a professional carb cutter though. I do enjoy me some beer. ;)
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Kashi Go Lean, Wheaties (though I generally buy the generic brand), and grape nut flakes. I usually do add some strawberries or blueberries, and milk. If I can afford the extra calories and fat, I'll add some sliced almonds to my grapenut flakes, or chopped walnuts to my wheat flakes. I'm not afraid of carbs, especially in the morning. Sometimes I just love a bowl of cereal after a cardio workout. I've lost about 60lbs, so it seems to be working fine for me.
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    Weetabix for me - but I wouldn't say its low in calories - 209... thats with about 200ml of skimmed milk.
    How many calories does everyone normally have for each meal?
    are you kidding 134 cals a serving is very low cal

Yes 134 cal is low - but then you have to add milk... that starts pushing up the cal
    yes but only to 200 thts nothing for breakfast how many cals are you on a day
  • jakeycork
    jakeycork Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    IIFYM
  • Ash0808
    Ash0808 Posts: 11
    Options
    Sticking to 1200 & trying to either walk or ride every day so that is pushs it up a bit. I know that breakfast is a must!! I find however if I have a big one I am forevery hungry. So i love my weetabix.
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    Sticking to 1200 & trying to either walk or ride every day so that is pushs it up a bit. I know that breakfast is a must!! I find however if I have a big one I am forevery hungry. So i love my weetabix.
    for my breakfast i have 50ml fresh orange to swill my supplements down, 2 weetabix 150ml skimmed milk with a banana on and a coffee only 312 cals and i,m on same cals as you + exercise although the op is just wanting low sugar cereals adding the fruit and orange juice ups the sugars abit you can add an extra bix instead of the trimmings and still be low sugar and low fat + a good amount of daily iron . not every one thinks the same but i believe a good breakfast is a must for losing weight .:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Shredded wheat has a very low sugar zero sodium cereal. Wheat N Bran I think is the name. Mind you, it tastes like wood, but I put a little honey on mine. Sugar in honey has got to be better than sugar in frosted flakes or fruit loops.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Ooookay....you should consume the most calories for breakfast...hence the name breaking the fast....

LOL - if you eat a blueberry, you have broken your fast. There's no reason to eat the most calories for breakfast (and nothing in the words break / fast that implies it should be high quanties of food). If that is when you are hungriest, go for it. But many people have other routines for their meals that work just fine.

Meanwhile, I go with Cheerios when I eat cereal for breakfast.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Anyone try Special K Protein Plus? Any flavor?

I eat this almost exclusively now... Tastes like raisin bran without raisins getting in the way. The only Special K cereal I HATE is the red berries one, I don't like dried strawberries very much... Oh and I've never had the original...
    Blueberry is great if you like blueberry,
    Vanilla almond is great with almond milk,
    cinnamon pecan is really good,
    chocolatey delight is nice, but more of a night time cereal than a start my day cereal.
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I like Cheerios, Total, & Special K. A little sugar won't hurt in a balanced diet.
  • AliandTrev
    AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I eat Cheerios almost daily for breakfast with either sliced banana or strawberries on top.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds only has like 6 grams per serving and it's SWEET. Like you don't need to add sweetener. But I really need to eat a few bowls because it's so yummy, so I leave it for my husband and kids and I have yogurt or something instead. :smile:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Shredded wheat?
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Original Rice Krispies? Original Corn Flakes? Original Cheerios?