My first month into 1 year body transformation

2»

Replies

• Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    it depends on how bad u really want it ... a lot of people say they want to lose weight but in fact they kinda want not really really want,during my cardio i always listen to motivational songs they really help if u focus to reach that extra mile , just set a standard for each day if today i ran 8 miles tomorrow i will do 8.5 and try to make and so on

Totally agree. I had little problem dropping about 45 pounds, although I took 5 months to do it (around 2 pounds a week). But that was my plan, slow and steady. Your plan worked quite well, too, and was a hell of a lot faster... :-)

Sometimes I think people make it too hard. Watch your calories - improve your diet - and exercise. And then be patient.

My issue now is finding ways to *increase* my calorie intake as I begin to lift more, but consistent with my healthy diet. I don't want to get any thinner. I do want to gain muscle mass.

Again, great work.

--P
  • silviuP
    silviuP Posts: 20
    around 1500 except monday when i take 1600

do you eat back exercise calories?

no i do not eat back my calories
  • silviuP
    Btw, I've also had fairly fast results. It's amazing how quickly your body can transform itself when you improve the diet, do cardio, lift, etc.

However, I wonder if we men have a huge advantage over women? I'm starting to get the feeling that men, thanks to our physiology, just respond much better to diet and exercise. Clearly we build muscle faster, but I wonder if it's much more than that?

I'm basing this on pure observation, so I'll admit in advance I may be completely wrong. But my thesis is that we men have it easier when it comes to weight loss, not just muscle gain (which is obvious due to hormonal differences).

Thoughts?

--P

yes it`s true that man lose weight faster only because we have more muscles more muscle= u burn more fat so yea you are right about that
  • silviuP
    it depends on how bad u really want it ... a lot of people say they want to lose weight but in fact they kinda want not really really want,during my cardio i always listen to motivational songs they really help if u focus to reach that extra mile , just set a standard for each day if today i ran 8 miles tomorrow i will do 8.5 and try to make and so on

Sometimes I think people make it too hard. Watch your calories - improve your diet - and exercise. And then be patient.

My issue now is finding ways to *increase* my calorie intake as I begin to lift more, but consistent with my healthy diet. I don't want to get any thinner. I do want to gain muscle mass.

Again, great work.

--P

well my obsession to watch what i eat and count everything got me so far....it worked for me.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!