Losing weight bad for fashion--what do you do?

Options
124»

Replies

• jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Craigslist - barter or free items.
    Ebay - See if you can split a "lot" with a friend. Maybe you can share.
  • EchoOfYourPast
    EchoOfYourPast Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Manda....go to the department stores and go through the clearance racks....you can find some really gr8 deals on some really gr8 clothes.....sometimes i can find a really good shirt under $10 bucks when i have time to shop with my daughter....we have alot of fun together.....check the Sunday paper for coupons as well....it takes longer to shop that way...but you really can find some good items.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Wash iron, repair the worst fitting but still good looking clothes. Make an appointment with a consignment store to sell your items. Any money you make, use as credit in the consignment store. Repeat when you need the next size down. They go by season, so you need to sell for whatever season is coming next.

When you use the credit, look for adjustable clothes like wrap dresses, shirts that tie in the back, etc. Get a belt that fits you at the loosest notch.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Salvation Army, Goodwill, Clearance Racks....wherever you can find things dirt cheap. Then, once you hit goal, go shopping!!! :-) I have quite a few pieces of clothing that I refused to part with when I gained weight, so thankfully I have smaller clothes in my closet just waiting for me! :happy:
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya, I would live in my yoga pants 27/7 if I could!
    Sales/Clearance are your friend as well as thrift shops.
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I got 4 pairs of shorts at Kohl's yesterday (i couldn't get by anymore.. my clothes were falling off, litereally!) for 50 bucks. I know 50 bucks is still a decent amount, but I got 4 colors. They were 12-15 bucks each. They'll get more through for a while.

Just throwing that out there!

I'm dealing with my big shirts for now. We're broke so I just gotta deal til I hit goal.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    This totally happened to me, and for the longest time, I just ignored it. It took someone at work telling me my pants looked like pajamas to realize maybe I should do something about it. LOL.

At that point, I just slowly started buying clothes that fit. One piece at a time. One QUALITY piece at a time. I'd rather do that than buy a bunch of cheap clothes. Don't get me wrong. I still looked for sales and coupons. But I didn't juts go to Walmart, you know?
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i bought a few new clothes at the halfway point because that was the point where i was beginning to look like a deflated balloon in my clothes. when i finished the diet, that's when i got the new wardrobe. in between, i used a lot of belts, lol.

THIS
  • anewmeforever
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of garage sales for this very issue!!

But whatever you do, don't do what I did! I was a size 24, and by the time I was on a roll losing, I was a size 16, and so excited about being there, I borrowed my mom's credit card and charged $500 in new clothes in size 16!! Low and behold...two weeks later, they were all starting to get big, and I was kicking myself in the butt trying to figure out what I was thinking! I ended up getting down to a size 6 or 8 depending, and even then, only bought a few items! I got a lot off of craigslist for free, and from friends who saw my weight loss and offered. I had friends in a 4, and 6/8 were their fat clothes they wanted to get rid of.

Start talking about this around your friends around your size. I'm betting they'd have some things to part with too! Good luck and CONGRATS!! This is a great problem to have :flowerforyou: