Really Tempted

Options
13»

Replies

• shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    NOTHING TASTES BETTER THAN THIN FEELS!!!!!

Wrong!

Doughnuts taste way better then feeling thin!

Agreed! I'm a believer in the "all things in moderation" and donuts are damn good!

What helps me is putting the food in my diary BEFORE I eat it. Then I see what it does to my calories and such and make a decision if I really want to go for it or not.

If I completely denied myself, eventually I'd end up buying a bag of donut holes on the way home from work and eating them ALL.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    a doughnuts ok its just when I eat the whole dozen i feel bad
  • galaxiegal
    galaxiegal Posts: 90
    Options
    That's the neat thing about this program... You get to choose between the pros and cons of the donut, and the pros and cons of a large dinner... If you choose the donut (which I don't think you will since you've turned to us, your fitness pals), it does not mean you've "blown your diet"! All the best!:flowerforyou:

Totally agree! love that I can come here and be reminded of all the reasons not to eat it... reasons I already knew but then the excuses kick in! :wink: I have resisted the donut and there are no more left so I am going to do what most of you suggested and pat myself on the back!!!! Now I can actually enjoy dinner!!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Don't do it, you'll crash from the blood sugar spike in about an hour and hate yourself for it...so not worth it!!!

As someone who ate a donut last week that was WELL within my calories, I agree. It tasted good while I was eating it, but even the sugar high had me feeling a tad nauseous, and the sugar crash an hour later - that was just ugly.

The whole episode was valuable, though. It clearly reminded me that my previous relationship with food sucked.
  • DrewLundgren
    DrewLundgren Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Take a donut in a napkin to the ladies room. Dip the edge of the donut in the toilet. Then look at it. It isn't that appetizing. Then next time you look at a box of donuts, remind yourself that you really don't know where they have been. That can be said of most food brought into offices, you just don't know where it has been.
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If you're debating it, don't do it. If you REALLY wanted it, you would have had one by now and figured out how to fit it into your day (extra exercise or what not). So just don't do it, at this point it'll just lead to guilt and disappointment.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    So there are a ton of doughnuts in our conference hall right now, that I walk by every 5-10 minutes..... super tempted to eat one but I know if I do, I won't be having much for dinner later!! :grumble:

Grab one take a bite throw in trash. This way there is too much guilt to grab another and that one is gone! One bite and Done!
  • bberg0521
    bberg0521 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have this book....it says to keep putting off eating it and eventually you wont even think about it anymore. I hope that helps! I know how hard it is to stay away from those. Good Luck!
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I usually am the last one to be told there are sweets by the time I get there they are stale or have been touched by questionable hands.

Questionable hands is enough for me. :noway:
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Just remember, they never taste as good as they smell!!!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I'm so happy to hear that you had a moment of temptation but you beat it :D
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    Options

Wrong!

As someone who has never "tasted" being thin, I can say the doughnut DEFINITELY is not worth it.

Doughnuts are a pretty bad cheat food. Cheat with something less bad for you-- chocolate, maybe. Some fro-yo (frozen yogurt)!

if you're like me you wolf it down and then don't even remember enjoying it. then crave another... not worth it. Try thinking about all the process that donut went through to get to what it is. and how the FDA allows certain amounts of bug/animal parts and FECES in foods... pretend said donut came from one of those factories that has feces/bug/animal problems....

BAHAHA. After reading this thread my mouth was watering for a doughnut... Until I read this. x____x
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

Wrong!

As someone who has never "tasted" being thin, I can say the doughnut DEFINITELY is not worth it.

Doughnuts are a pretty bad cheat food. Cheat with something less bad for you-- chocolate, maybe. Some fro-yo (frozen yogurt)!

Here is the nice thing about a lifestyle change.. it's not a cheat food because no foods are bad or taboo.

If being thin, meant that I couldn't eat doughnuts anymore, then I would have stayed fat. I've found ways to eat all the foods I did before, but in way smaller portions... and it's been working out just wonderfully :)