Looking Good For Christmas - Week 9

Options

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    DANG!! I wish today was our weigh in day!! I got on the scale this morning......201.4!!!!!

Hope it stays that way till Weds!!

Happy Friday every one!

Memaw
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Congrats Memaw! :flowerforyou:

I'm sitting here tryiing to figure out how to lose 3 pounds by the 19th :laugh: It is my brother's wedding that weekend and I wanted to be down to 155. It still may happen tho...

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!

Last night I did Week 1, Day 3 of the C25K and wow I can't believe how well I am doing. I thought I would have to do each week twice since I am so out of shape and have severely sedentery lifestyle (I work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week in front of a PC) but I am raring to go for week 2 which I do the first day of tomorrow.

I started going back to the gym a couple of days ago and am really enjoying it this time. I have always quit the gym because I always hated exercise with a passion but this time I am pretty into it.

The flip side to working out though is that everytime I start, I hit a plateau in the weight loss for at least a the first month so my amazing success rate is most likely going to slow down for awhile. But that doesn't matter because even if I am not losing lbs, I will be losing inches. yay!

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and take the time to eat well.

Tammy
  • crystalscott0906
    Options
    hi everyone...ok i decided that looking good by christmas is something i definately want to participate in :) what day of the week does eveyone normally weigh in? i defiantely need to get moving if i want to stay on trach which i am kind of having a hard time with right now :)
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    hi everyone...ok i decided that looking good by christmas is something i definately want to participate in :) what day of the week does eveyone normally weigh in? i defiantely need to get moving if i want to stay on trach which i am kind of having a hard time with right now :)

Welcome! We weigh in on Wednesdays. Glad you could join us...
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    Welcome to the new members of our group. I think you'll find losts of support and encouragement here. Congrats to all that have lost this week. Keep up the good work. I hope everybody that is struggling right now finds this week a bit easier. Don't give up. I say that as I am struggling myself right now. I know I lost good this week but I just don't know what next Wednesday will bring. I have been having major issues yesterday and today and just not eating like I should. Hopefully working this weekend at my second job will get me back on track as I don't get to just set on my butt all day there. I'm up and moving around and that helps me. Anyway, stick in there everybody. There's only 14 weeks left until CHRISTMAS!!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Congrats Memaw! :flowerforyou:

I'm sitting here tryiing to figure out how to lose 3 pounds by the 19th :laugh: It is my brother's wedding that weekend and I wanted to be down to 155. It still may happen tho...

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!! :flowerforyou: :smile: :drinker:

Just eat really clean for the next week and make sure to get in your exercise even if you don't want to. That seems to work for me. It might for you too. Keep up the great work. Have an awesome weekend. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!

Last night I did Week 1, Day 3 of the C25K and wow I can't believe how well I am doing. I thought I would have to do each week twice since I am so out of shape and have severely sedentery lifestyle (I work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week in front of a PC) but I am raring to go for week 2 which I do the first day of tomorrow.

I started going back to the gym a couple of days ago and am really enjoying it this time. I have always quit the gym because I always hated exercise with a passion but this time I am pretty into it.

The flip side to working out though is that everytime I start, I hit a plateau in the weight loss for at least a the first month so my amazing success rate is most likely going to slow down for awhile. But that doesn't matter because even if I am not losing lbs, I will be losing inches. yay!

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and take the time to eat well.

Tammy

That is great that you are going to the gym again. Your body will now be doing some shifting and lossing inches. The C25K will also help with that. Just remember if you get to a plateau change things up a little to confuse your muscles. You will get to your goal sooner than you think. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I normally weigh in Saturday mornings. That way you are really good during the week and then Saturday evening is your cheat meal. I make sure to weigh after I get up in the morning and after I use the restroom. Also with no clothes on. Believe it or not your pjs weigh in too. That is how I do it every Saturday morning. You can really weigh in any day of the week, but I would recommend only one time a week and in the morning.
    If you have other questions, feel free to ask here or send me a message. Have a fantastic weekend. :bigsmile:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Week 1 July 22 - 177
    Week 2 July 29 - 177

Week 3 August 5 - 174 (down 3, but is actually a week and a half. I had used Mondays weight)
    Week 4 August 12 - 172
    Week 5 August 19 - Not weighing in
    Week 6 August 26 -168.2 (if I lose 1.2 in the next 5 days I hit my first mini goal)
    * mini goal 167 by the end of August*

Week 7 September 2 - 167.5 ( I am going to consider that a mini goal made)Labor Day is Monday
    Week 8 September 9 -167.2
    Week 9 September 16
    Week 10 September 23
    Week 11 September 30
    *hoping to be 157*

Week 12 October 7 Canadian Thanksgiving is on Monday
    Week 13 October 14 .
    Week 14 October 21
    Week 15 October 28
    *aiming for 148*

Week 16 November 4
    Week 17 November 11
    Week 18 November 18
    Week 19 November 25
    *aiming for 140*

Week 20 December 2
    Week 21 December 9
    Week 22 December 16
    Week 23 December 23 Christmas Eve is Tomorrow!

Goal is to be 135 by New years. When I break it down like that it looks do-able.

Well I am only down .3, but on the upside things in my life should settle down now and I have recommitted to my lifestyle. I am going to see how far I get by the end of September. I think I need to make more realistic goals. But it is hard to admit defeat. :wink:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Welcome to the new members of our group. I think you'll find losts of support and encouragement here. Congrats to all that have lost this week. Keep up the good work. I hope everybody that is struggling right now finds this week a bit easier. Don't give up. I say that as I am struggling myself right now. I know I lost good this week but I just don't know what next Wednesday will bring. I have been having major issues yesterday and today and just not eating like I should. Hopefully working this weekend at my second job will get me back on track as I don't get to just set on my butt all day there. I'm up and moving around and that helps me. Anyway, stick in there everybody. There's only 14 weeks left until CHRISTMAS!!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Wow, only 14 weeks left? Where has the time gone?
    Just remember to take one day at a time. You are doing great, keep up the good work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Week 1 July 22 - 177
    Week 2 July 29 - 177

Week 3 August 5 - 174 (down 3, but is actually a week and a half. I had used Mondays weight)
    Week 4 August 12 - 172
    Week 5 August 19 - Not weighing in
    Week 6 August 26 -168.2 (if I lose 1.2 in the next 5 days I hit my first mini goal)
    * mini goal 167 by the end of August*

Week 7 September 2 - 167.5 ( I am going to consider that a mini goal made)Labor Day is Monday
    Week 8 September 9 -167.2

Goal is to be 135 by New years. When I break it down like that it looks do-able.

Well I am only down .3, but on the upside things in my life should settle down now and I have recommitted to my lifestyle. I am going to see how far I get by the end of September. I think I need to make more realistic goals. But it is hard to admit defeat. :wink:

You are getting there. Small goals are a good thing, it keeps you more focused. You can do this and we are all here cheering you on. Have a fantastic weekend. :bigsmile:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm still here working hard. I'm starting to think I might be insulin resistant or something and maybe need to eat less carbs becasue I'm not losing weight as fast as I would like. I've had a past with sugar issues, so I'm going to do some research on insulin resistance.

Overall starting weight: 198lb
    Starting Weight at week 1: 191lb
    week 1August 29th Weight: 190lb
    Week 2 September 5th Weight: 188lb (-10 total)
    Week 3 September 12 Weight: 187.8 lb (1.2 lbs lost, -11 total)
    Week 4 September 19th Weight:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi my friends ... today has been a very stress filled day with family junk. Sometimes I just want to run away. Anyway ... as my mom always use to say ... this too shall pass. It's funny that when things like this happen you just want to eat the fridge ... but I won't let that happen ... not when I've been feeling so good with the new eating habits. It's just not worth it to pig out now. I hope you're all doing well. Thanks for letting me vent a bit.

thanku.gif
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    Hope you all had a good weekend.
    Hubs and I went to the Witte Museum for a "date". We are trying to do something together every weekend in order to keep from just sitting around watching t.v. I hate t.v.,....most of the time.
    So next it's the Art Museum, then Buckhorn Saloon/Museum. We already did the zoo. It's so much fun and I get in some much needed walking. Oh, we are going to do the botanical gardens too!!

Anywho, you all have a wonderful day and a happy healthy week.

Memaw
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    That's a really great idea Memaw ... I hate the TV too but my hubby seems to schedule his life around what show is on. Maybe I'll bring this up with him. What's one day a week right?
  • anthrochix
    Options
    Hello peoples! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    Hubs and I went to the Witte Museum for a "date". We are trying to do something together every weekend in order to keep from just sitting around watching t.v. I hate t.v.,....most of the time.
    So next it's the Art Museum, then Buckhorn Saloon/Museum. We already did the zoo. It's so much fun and I get in some much needed walking. Oh, we are going to do the botanical gardens too!!

Memaw

Good job Memaw, D and I are trying to do more like that. Much as we can anyways,,, We're museum fiends. When we go out of town sometimes we spend more on museums than on motels :laugh: You walk, you look around, you learn stuff. It's a good thing.

You rock Memaw, keep it up.
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Memaw

GREAT job! I cut our cable back to basic :laugh: That stops us from sitting on the sofa! I will be starting wk.5 day1 of C25K tomorrow..:noway: Hope I can do it. Today I did the shred. Need to get back up to drinking my 96oz. of water this week. Plus workout 6 days in a row. We will be at NASCAR this weeked...cant wait!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm still here working hard. I'm starting to think I might be insulin resistant or something and maybe need to eat less carbs becasue I'm not losing weight as fast as I would like. I've had a past with sugar issues, so I'm going to do some research on insulin resistance.
    Overall starting weight: 198lb
    Starting Weight at week 1: 191lb
    week 1August 29th Weight: 190lb
    Week 2 September 5th Weight: 188lb (-10 total)
    Week 3 September 12 Weight: 187.8 lb (1.2 lbs lost, -11 total)
    Week 4 September 19th Weight:

You are doing great so far. Don't be too hard on yourself. Just remember, you did not gain the weight in a short amount of time, you will not lose the weight in a short amount of time. You are getting there. You have lost 11 pounds in 4 weeks, that is amazing. Keep up the good work. :bigsmile: