Will my stretchmark tummy shrink up at all?Pics?:)

Options
Im getting ready to start the 30 Day Shred...it should be delivered today!.my question is to mamas that have had babies(ive had 4!)...needless to say my tummy is stretch marked,and a lil "saggy" :( .Am i totally outta luck?Is there hope at all for it to shrink/suck up at all???Do any of you have" before and after"(stretch marked/saggy) tummy pics?I really need some encouragement!Im not liking my body,and feel very self conscious.Ill go ahead and post my first ever pic on here.(hides..lol)
001-6.jpg
004-5-1.jpg

Replies

• Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    It will be really awesome if any of you could post some "before and after" pics for me! ;)
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I will try and add some later, I have two baby's and they really did a number on me, I have very poor skin tone and elasticity unfortunately, I have noticed it starting to tighten up a little tho finally
  • youngmum
    youngmum Posts: 114
    Options
    yes they will, mine were like yours and now I barely notice anything. I wish I'd taken before photos of my stomach to prove it. Now I miss the red lines like fire.
  • Happymom83
    Options
    thanx so much for replying:)I forgot to mention ive had 2 surgeries that went thru my belly button(tubal ligation and Gall Bladder removal)...so im not sure how that will affect how it looks later,lol.....im excited to see any "after" pics!
  • auzziecawth66
    Options
    (I do have a side belly picture in my profile pictures, I use to have a very large pooch and it has smoothed out quite nicley {I think anyway lol} and the stretch marks aren't nearly as bad as they use to be either)
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Wow! Did they just make an incision through your belly button to take out your gal bladder? I have 4 from when mine was removed in February! Add to that the 9 inch scar from kidney surgery and my stretch marks and I look like a battlefield!

Would love to see some before/after pics too!
  • Jozie_
    Jozie_ Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have quite bad stretch marks from my first pregancy (my eldest is now 5 and youngest 4 so its been a while) I've recently been doing hte 30DS and found its done wonders for my whole mid section, I can see wee bits of ab poking out either side of my stretch marked tunmmy!

I lost all the weight from my pregancies plus some straight after, I'm 5'3" and was maintaining around 114lbs but the 30DS has made more difference to my stomach than any weightloss, and I'm only half way through!

If I can pluck up the courage will post pics for you tonight.
  • Happymom83
    Options
    ^ if you could post pics that would be awesome! ;) Congrats on improving your tummy:)
  • Happymom83
    Options
    Wow! Did they just make an incision through your belly button to take out your gal bladder? I have 4 from when mine was removed in February! Add to that the 9 inch scar from kidney surgery and my stretch marks and I look like a battlefield!

I had one incision from the Tubal,and 4 including my belly button when i had my Gall bladder removed;) So i have a scar on the top of my belly button,and a scar on the bottom of my belly button
  • nativedel
    nativedel Posts: 10
    Options
    I have the same issue .... Thank you for giving me hope that my marks won't be so revealing .... Have a wonderful day!
  • auzziecawth66
    Options
    photo.php?fbid=10150198348635710&set=a.10150198347185710.449836.537260709&type=3&theater

me after baby #1
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    Bump
  • AstridCortez
    Options
    Same issue here, I just recently began to try to do something about my (pouch)weight issue. My son is 3 yrs going on 4 and I just started working out last week, happy to say i've lost 4lbs but I wasn't sure that my strechmarks would ever fade. Thanks to all the mommys that posted, now I will keep going and not give up hope. :)
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options

I haven't had any kids yet, but I have some light stretch marks and many many scars, so I know what you mean about battlefield :) I' actually trying to lose weight for a scar revision surgery that I am going to have in August. I will post some before and after pics of that, I'm very excited.
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    i just want to say.... you are so brave and i appreciate you, from the bottom of my heart, for sharing this. my stretch marks have caused me to be careful of everything i do and wear because i can't seem to get past the fact that they are so unsightly. some women have told me they're beautiful and a testament to my children of my love.... i just know i feel hideous and disfigured because of them.

mine have faded in color (i'm uber pale :D). JM did show me results on that. above my belly button, that pooch that's puffy and ruins my outfits, it flattened out. no lie. gone!

i don't have any pictures of it. i abhorr pictures of myself and my body. i'm getting better, though. your tummy area looks almost exactly like mine. my youngest is 9. to ever tighten it up the way i want, i will have to go through surgery. that skin can only tighten so much naturally, of course.

i wish you so much health and happiness on your journey for a firmer tummy.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is different. My stomach is tightening up (slowly) but my stretch marks have actually became more noticeable in the process. I had stretch marks on my hips from my first baby that were barely noticeable. They were white so they blended in with my skin, they are now for whatever reason darkening. The stretch marks I got from my last baby were always red, but more of a pinkish tone in the beginning. Now they are red red red.

*sigh*
  • Happymom83
    Options
    i just want to say.... you are so brave and i appreciate you, from the bottom of my heart, for sharing this. my stretch marks have caused me to be careful of everything i do and wear because i can't seem to get past the fact that they are so unsightly. some women have told me they're beautiful and a testament to my children of my love.... i just know i feel hideous and disfigured because of them.

mine have faded in color (i'm uber pale :D). JM did show me results on that. above my belly button, that pooch that's puffy and ruins my outfits, it flattened out. no lie. gone!

i don't have any pictures of it. i abhorr pictures of myself and my body. i'm getting better, though. your tummy area looks almost exactly like mine. my youngest is 9. to ever tighten it up the way i want, i will have to go through surgery. that skin can only tighten so much naturally, of course.

i wish you so much health and happiness on your journey for a firmer tummy.

Aww thanx!:) This makes it worth it...I took my "before pics"...and these are some of them.....I cant wait till im finally able to post after pics!:) Im not expecting perfection...but any improvement is welcome!lol...
  • sdoldsMD2013
    sdoldsMD2013 Posts: 128
    Options
    I haven't had any children, but my had two children and you would never be able to tell by looking at her stomach, it's flat as a board with no stretch marks. She's very active due to her work, so that keeps her weight down. But keeping active, using vitamin E oil and pure Cocoa butter helped her, she told me. Best wishes.
  • CharisSunny
    CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Bump.
    No babies but my tummy looks like a zebra drew a self portrait :(
  • ccpowers
    ccpowers Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am also a mom of 4...and have issues with my stomach but have been working on it. I am finding they are less visible and hoping that my stomach is also shrinking. I am almost finished level2 of 30ds...I will see if I can figure out some pics