Easy Crockpot Recipes

Options

Replies

• Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Here is one of my favorite low-cal crock-pot recipes: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-and-Corn-Chili/Detail.aspx
  • delilah328
    delilah328 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • tlwonn
    tlwonn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mommy2ans
    mommy2ans Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I love pulled pork in the crock pot.

I use tenderloin (it's a little more expensive, but leaner and easier to use). Just put a loin or two in with BBQ sauce and cook on low/med for 8 hours. I used one bottle of sauce for two loins and then I usually add a squirt to my sandwich. It's great in pitas.

This is one of my favorite things ever to eat! We put pineapples, pineapple juice, bbq sauce, bbq packet (slow cookers), and whole potatoes out of the can. Then just let it cook. You can put pretty much whatever you want. Sometimes I add mushrooms for my boyfriend. Everything kind of has the same flavor at the end, but it's still good with the different textures, etc. You should really give it a try!! The tenderloins are expensive, but after its shredded its much more meat than you would think!:wink:
  • mommy2ans
    mommy2ans Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    This one is from the Crock-Pot recipe card collection 2007

Simply Delicious Pork
    1.5 lbs boneless pork loin cut into 6 pieces or 6 boneless thick porkchops
    4 medium Golden Delicious apples, sliced
    3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon salt

Place pork in the crock-pot and cover with apples
    Combine brown sugar,cinnamon and salt in small bowl, sprinkle over apples.
    Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours.

Makes 6 servings about 300 calories per serving
    Serve with cooked carrots and rice

I made this tonight and everyone liked it.

Enjoy!

JAM

This one sounds really good.......but there isn't any liquid. How does that work in a crockpot?
  • RedSiren61
    RedSiren61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Four to five Chicken Breast
    Bag of lentils
    Bag of Celery
    Bag of Carrots
    Fresh Basil leaves (2)
    Low sodium Chicken Broth to cover
    1 Frozen Chopped Spinach.

Season to your own Specific Taste...just watch the sodium.

Simmer low for 8 hrs.

Low Fat and filling!
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    A favorite in the house has been you take Chicken and stuffing and let it cook together... I don't know what the recipe for it is... but its freaking delicious!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Mommy2ans- It didn't burn. But, I know what you mean about it having no liquids. If your crockpot burns a lot, just put a little water in it. I don't think it will hurt. JAM
  • mwatanabe
    mwatanabe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Macy's right now has a big one for 35 bucks.. they really aren't that expensive and I find myself using it all the time!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    I found some soup packages with low sodium (10mg/serving) for slow cookers. Yesterday, I made the split pea soup and it was delicious. Slow Cooker Gourmet - Hudson River Valley Split Pea Soup, 10.7 ounces (304 grams) - the box says 250 cal per serving... I added fresh celery and onion and a package of diced ham... Just what is needed on these cold snowy nights in northern MI.
  • akh0708
    Options
    I've been looking for recipes too for a crockpot! All of these sound great! I have a very small crocpot (under 3 quarts) so I'll be cutting a lot of these recipes in half :smile:
  • niky1215
    Options
    Bump!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    This isn't exactly low calorie, but it was really good, really easy and everyone in my family ate it.

Beef and mushroom stew
    1 lb stew meat (I didn't trim it, but you could to make it lower in fat)
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    2 cans of sliced mushrooms
    1 package of dry onion soup mix.

Cook on low for 8-10 hours
    Throw it all in and when you get home, stir it all up and make either noodles or rice. Poor the stew over the noodles and serve. Serves 4

I used the Sparks recipe calculator and it came out to about 250 calories per 4 ounce service, plus what ever for the noodles/rice.

My family includes 2 fussy teenagers, a meat and potatoes hubby and elderly parents in their 90's. Everyone ate it. So when I make it I double everything.

Also, I put the meat in frozen so that it is not over done when I get home, if we are running late.

JAM

Thanks for that recipe! Going to try it soon!!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I made this yesterday:

The ingredient weights are just what I had and are what the nutrition info is for
    2 pound beef roast (I used eye of round -- lean and on sale)
    2 pounds red potatoes
    8 ounce onions
    12 ounces carrots
    1/2 pack dry onion soup mix
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/4 cup red wine (can easily be omitted)
    1 cup water

Cut up potatoes, onions, and carrots into bite-sized pieces & place in slow cooker. Season roast with salt & pepper & place on top of veggies in slow cooker. Pour onion soup mix, wine, and water over roast. Cook on high 4 hours (or on low for longer - I was in a time crunch). You may want to add more liquid or stir things up in the slow cooker after a few hours so the roast doesn't dry out. Add more or less salt/pepper to taste.

Mine came out delicious.

1/8th of the recipe has:
    337 calories
    11g fat
    25g carbs
    24g protein
    520mg sodium
    4g fiber
  • leggi002
    leggi002 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I rub a small roast with an envelope of dry ranch dressing and an envelope of dry italian dressing, top it with onions and carrots and crock-pot all day. It is fork tender, and a small roast will feed my partner and I for dinner and lunch the next day
  • leggi002
    leggi002 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I rub a small roast with an envelope of dry ranch dressing and an envelope of dry italian dressing, top it with onions and carrots and crock-pot all day. It is fork tender, and a small roast will feed my partner and I for dinner and lunch the next day
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. Ive got chili in the crock pot right now....I really would love to bring out the crock pot more often with winter. crock pot meals are alllllways comfort food.

also if you got to AllRecipes or Recipezaar theres a ton of crock pot ideas you can find there!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. Ive got chili in the crock pot right now....I really would love to bring out the crock pot more often with winter. crock pot meals are alllllways comfort food.

also if you got to AllRecipes or Recipezaar theres a ton of crock pot ideas you can find there!

I love warm crockpot meals in the winter, plus the smell of delicious foods permeating the house. Added bonus: I'm lazy and crockpot recipes rarely require much effort! :wink:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    precisely! lol

the only effort it involves in sometimes chopping up veggies!
    Most of the crock pot recipes I know by heart right now are anything but healthy, but Id love to try some of the healthier ones and allll the chicken ones lol