do i look chunky? be honest plzzzzzz

Options
13»

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    i thought lifting heavy made legs leaner?
    I am almost definite I have read somewhere that lifting less weight and more reps makes longer leaner muscles, lifting heavy bulks you up. Sorry I cannot remember where I read it, I am thinking in my shape magazine???
    P.S. you look great

Oh yeah because magazines are such a good place to find information on lifting.. :noway:

You can't make muscles longer or leaner... the length is already determined by where they are connected to the bones in your body... no matter what any magazine tells you.

If you lift heavy but eat at a deficit you will retain most of your muscle and lose fat.. which makes things look smaller. If you lift heavy and eat at a surplus you will gain muscle and fat.. which makes things look bigger.

Bottom line is: Lose the fat and you will look smaller/leaner.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Grow 6 inches taller! jk You look just fine the way you are.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    A lil chunky. But, it depends. If its solid and strong, it's fine and sexy. If its all flabby, then it's chunk and needs to worked on or lost.
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    nope from the pictures they look fine. But i prefer woman who don't have stick skinny legs.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    If you have a thigh gap you are good. If you don't well, lose some more weight because you are definitely chunky at that point.

Bigger thigh gap the better. :wink:

In other news........................... No. You look like "Blah human healthy female person!" You are NOT fat NOR skeletal. You can improve upon what you have going on or just be happy as is. Best of both worlds.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    honestly...ok : HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRES JOHNNY!
    It looks like you gained weight judging by your other profile pictures, and looking at your current profile photo, your sucking it in, you can tell, :huh:
    so.....i dont know if its the crappy blurry photo, the way the light is or the fact you need a tan..
    or are an attention *kitten* :bigsmile:
    ..maybe its all of them or none of them- really cant tell. But I do know one thing, most short woman have thick legs, especialy if you were a previous athlete or dancer etc. so they will never be skinny. mine arent, and i get compliments on my yams all the time. So i could care less. But you really have to take a better picture of your thighs in order to tell....but i think you already know the answer to that...seriously.:huh: You look nice even though.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    We've all told you you look good.
    You don't listen:grumble:
    Do you want bony knobby knees and bony little ankles like mine? probably not. Be happy with what you got cuz a lot of us would kill to look like you!
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    If you have a thigh gap you are good. If you don't well, lose some more weight because you are definitely chunky at that point.

Bigger thigh gap the better. :wink:

I hope you're being facetious. I also really hope we, as women, don't judge our self worth on the size of our thigh gaps. Not to mention, most of the time thigh gaps are a result of the width of your hips and have little to do with the fat on your thighs.

Anyway, I think everyone here needs to chill out. OP, you look great. Everyone else, we all suck in in pictures, we all nit pick, we all want self assurance. Ok? ok, great.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Chunky? Where? You look fine to me!
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    thankyou to all the lovely positive messages, and if the others ive annoyed well.. i will try not to obsess over nmy body image
  • xiadu02
    xiadu02 Posts: 9
    Options
    You look beautiful just the way you are...no worries ~
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    This is yet another post that I like to call "Somebody needs attention." This is a mental issue, not a weight issue. You'd probably get better mental health by seeking a shrink. You wanted honesty.