A quick way to burn 530 cals?

Options
124»

Replies

• Kaicoleman
    Options
    I belong to the YMCA, and the TurboKick class will burn about 500 in the 50 minutes that you're there. I barely make it through it, but it is so worth it!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Walk at 3.5 for 40 or 50 min.

to burn about 250 calories
  • kodiakfan24
    Options
    I've found that elliptical trainers burn the most calories compared to a bike, walking, etc. I can't run run now and on average I burn 500 calories in a 30 min. work out on a medium high setting (manual, level 17). Every machine is different but many of them have multiple different profiles to choose from, i.e. hills, intervals, etc. Good luck!
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Set a part of your body on fire long enough to heat a kilogram of water 530C degrees.
  • kmoore02
    kmoore02 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I do hill sprints. Find a hill and run up as fast as you can and walk down with 1 - 2 min breathers in between. I can do that 6 times and burn 700 calories according to my heart rate monitor.

I did this today. Run up the hill, walk or jog down the hill, repeat (with no breaks). I burned about 300 calories in 30 minutes. Can't imagine doing that for an hour. Good lord.

Lol! I just got back from doing hill sprints. Today I did 8 sprints with about a 1:30 rest in between (long steep hill). It takes me at least 30 seconds to run up the hill as fast as I can and jog down. It took me about 30 min to do it 8x with one lap around the stadium parking lot. Today I burned 915 calories according to my Garmin HRM. Also, the hill sprints have helped me with leg fatigue and stamina during my jogging. I noticed a difference in the first week!
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My highest and fastest calorie burns tend to be with running, cycling, rebounding, kickboxing, and karate. If you're not a fan of running the other four are fun and go by quickly, but they're still great workouts.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Per my Polar FT7 HRM I burned 142cal in 10 minutes today playing raquetball.

*shrug*