Need some advice and help with no carb foods

Options
2»

Replies

• CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I use to be a diet fiend and have tired so many things. What I have learned recently is that our body actually needs carbs to function properly. My diet actually consists of about 60-80% carbs. Carbs are not bad at all it's just has to do with what kind of carbs you are eating. The best thing you can do is avoid simple carbs such as white bread, white pasta, and basically anything processed. Try complex carbs like brown rice, veggies, and truly whole grain breads. I hope this helps a bit. In the long run doing a diet like atkins can be extremely detrimental to your health.

ugh please don't spew this trash about low carb being detrimental.

Honestly not trying to start a argument at all on here. Different people have different beliefs and different things that work for them the best. Not trying to spew carbs as being bad because there not especially the good carbs, just asking a question to get some ideas on what Im trying with keeping them on the low side and what foods would go well with this:)
  • CountryMom03
    Options
    I use to be a diet fiend and have tired so many things. What I have learned recently is that our body actually needs carbs to function properly. My diet actually consists of about 60-80% carbs. Carbs are not bad at all it's just has to do with what kind of carbs you are eating. The best thing you can do is avoid simple carbs such as white bread, white pasta, and basically anything processed. Try complex carbs like brown rice, veggies, and truly whole grain breads. I hope this helps a bit. In the long run doing a diet like atkins can be extremely detrimental to your health.

ugh please don't spew this trash about low carb being detrimental.

Well, most people don't need to do low carb either. Carbs are not "evil" like you seem to believe.

Never said carbs are evil. As a matter of fact, I said I wanted to keep mine at around 100 a day which isnt very far off from what I normally take in, just wanting to limit them a bit. Good carbs from whole grains, veggies and fruits are great for you but I dont think you have to have them all the time in every meal and cutting mine down like I have been trying has really seemed to help.
  • cibilbee
    cibilbee Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I first started I was on a plan where I ate 5 carbs every 5 hours (for 8 weeks). Breakfast was usually a low carb slim fast with some almonds or eggs with turkey bacon (some times I'd add a low carb wrap and cheese). Other meals would be a low carb wrap with lean deli meat and veggies, chicken (sometimes crusted in almonds), veggies with most meals (no corn or carrots), pita's, salads, and one of my favorites was make pizza out of the low carb wrap.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking the question .......I don't handle carbs (rice, pasta, breads) very well at all, although I love them :drinker: .... the various sites, tips & food diaries were very interesting to me .....

Best of luck to you all !
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Try Adtkins diet.com. If you but the book (paperback) It gets yo to start the 1st 2 weeks on 25 carbs or less for the 2 week introductory period. Youb have to do away with all bread, sugar fruit etc for 2 weeks, you can eat almost all the meat you want, eggs, cheese. they are high protien, almost no carbs!

Basil

Not all that fond of the atkins, I feel thats way too low. Im keeping mine to a semi-low to help with weight lose and its helping quit a bit. I have heard several different professionals talk about not eating any carbs past lunch time including Bob Harper.

~Carrie~

Unless you are going to eat meat, eggs or cheese for supper, you will never have NO carbs.

Just eat protein, fat and veggies and you are good to go. It is not rocket science, it is actually very simple.

Protein, fats and carbs from fruits and veggies and there you are EASILY controlling your carbs.
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

Yeah, these meals look really unhealthy..............but they are typical Atkins meals that you eat at each phase. Please do some research before spoutning off nonsense.

Atkins Phase 1 meal:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMXr0_dHfgUIUSJWl1wwDkhoi4s1cc6ticqHKzUjbmeZ5YKQgjUg

Atkins Phase 2 meal:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzxu0M3lHv-2RJ1cbhl3Flptl0P7y_tIozcDUqS7fHqde6Jyk8Ng

Atkins Phase 3 and 4 meal:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYm3wCspm96U_yQsFxCAF3Jzt5sKjPIls2u6OiVrNiPQu8AwDIfA

atkins4.jpg

waffle.jpg
  • lleabrooks
    lleabrooks Posts: 87 Member
    Options

Yeah, these meals look really unhealthy..............but they are typical Atkins meals that you eat at each phase. Please do some research before spoutning off nonsense.

:flowerforyou: PaleoPath4Lyf ..... THANK YOU FOR SAYING WHAT I WAS THINKING :wink:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    carbs are the devil, but you really need carbs from vegetables.

http://cavemanketo.com/

If you knew what carbs to eat and when to eat them you wouldnt feel this way.
    It's this unhealthy thinking that gets people wound up about paleo vs atkins vs dukan vs IIFYM.
    Unless you have some type of allergy to a certain type of food, you can eat anything and lose weight.
    Or i'm just spewing trash.......
  • CountryMom03
    Options

Thanks!!:) And thank you to everyone else who offered ideas!:)