Any wine drinkers???

Options
Dedee36
Dedee36 Posts: 29 Member
My downfall..... I love having a glass or 4 of wine on my evenings off from work.:drinker: I have a pretty physical and emotional demanding job and it's nice to have a evening off relax witht he family and have some wine.

But OMG! i never paid attention to the cal count!

Has any one tried the "Skinny Girl" drinks?

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    You called?

I have never tried skinny girl anything, but I do have a glass or 2 of wine most nights... 6oz pour x 2 is 300 calories... I earn em and enjoy em.

Maybe you need to detox for a bit to reduce your tolerance so that you can enjoy the first or 2nd one instead of having to have a 3rd or 4th for the relaxation factor. Just a thought.
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I love my wine, I have started drinking low calorie wine - a whole bottle for 500 cals LOL
  • IAMDDAY
    IAMDDAY Posts: 771
    Options
    SOME ONE SAY WINE.. YES PLEASE

I love wine. Dr say you should have a glass a day. That was awesome all wine bottles are glass so one bottle a day it is.. Oh i think i might have a problem.. yup i do.. out of wine lol

love Red wines the most
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I like wine but I try to leave it to date nights and social get togethers. Which is great except for 3 glasses now makes me a silly girl :drinker:
  • meganld
    meganld Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I love my wine, I have started drinking low calorie wine - a whole bottle for 500 cals LOL

A bottle for 500 cals?! Where can I get it? Brand name?

I love red :)
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Sadly it is white, it is an Australian wine - Jewel. More of a faux champagne, gotsa to love bubbles!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Full-on red wine drinker here, pretty much a glass (or two, if my budget permits) nightly. I make room for it in my diet, and I still get all the protein and fat I need daily within my calorie allotment.

Sometimes I have to force myself to the gym to earn enough calories for the second glass, but exercise is good for you, so whatever works as an incentive, works. :)
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Drink and lose? Yes, I am dutifully checking into the club.

Shiraz and plenty of it thanks, cheaper the better, that's my taste.

Bottles you say? Fancy ... Mine comes encased in cardboard. ;)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

I like you.
  • MrsB724
    MrsB724 Posts: 247
    Options

I like you too.
  • meganld
    Options

I like you.

Same!
  • meganld
    Options

Sadly it is white, it is an Australian wine - Jewel. More of a faux champagne, gotsa to love bubbles!

Well I may have to try it anyway.

There might be a white-wine lover within me yet!
  • alli_baba
    alli_baba Posts: 232 Member
    Options

Aren't most bottles of wine (not low calorie) around 500 calories?

http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calorie-counter/wine_calories/
  • mrbunsrocks
    mrbunsrocks Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I loooooooooooove my wine. So I've just decided that I'm going to limit it to weekends (Friday and Saturday). I will make the odd exception, if we're having a meal that I just know will match really well with a given wine, or if there is a special occasion, but as a rule, I try to limit drinking to 2 days/week.

The first couple of weeks sucked, but it's easier now! That said, if it's the end of the day, and I've earned a lot of extra calories through exercise, I will have the odd glass. Try to stick to drier wines (fewer calories). The skinnygirl drinks are good (I've only had the Margarita), but calorie-wise, they aren't that different from wine, so if wine is what you like, I wouldn't really seek out an alternative.

On weeknights where I don't drink wine, I will have the odd diet pop (bad!), club soda, or loads and loads of green and herbal teas.
  • hcglindsey
    hcglindsey Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love wine but have switched michalob Ultra for the 95 cal per bottle.
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yep, love my wine. I have switched to drinking dryer red wines and stay away from the sweet wines. Pinot Noir or Cabernet Sauvignon are my faves. I only drink it once or twice a week though and I log the calories and either eat less or exercise more on those days. I can't do boxed wine though, I lose track of how much I drink. If I finish a bottle by myself I know I have had enough, those boxes get me into trouble.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm quite fond of sweet reds. I like Riunite Lambrusco, and that one only runs 98 cals/5oz glass. Just an fyi, more than two is a binge, and not so healthy. (Not judging, just caring.) I have a glass (or, more rarely, two) 2-3 times/week.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I knew there were sane people out there.

I don't log it, it's the last thing I want to be doing when unwinding.

I don't log exercise either, I reckon it will all cancel out, it's not like I'm chucking back real ale ;)

I figure that if the rest of my nutrition is good (good for me that is, everyone is different) then my body will deal with it.

I've been shot down a few times for suggesting this is a sane way to go so my logic is on my blog here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/DeadVim

Seems to be working OK for me so far ...
  • fsmalley
    fsmalley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Greg Norman Shiraz, 580 calories for the entire bottle (because you know it's just not the same once it's bee re-corked) ;)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/greg-norman-shiraz-29809587
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    There's a bottle of Riunite by my bed. Yup.